CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Scott Jenkins 06-22-2010 11:47 PM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;800695]"RJ"

Five rounds for time of:
Run 800 meters
15 ft Rope Climb, 5 ascents
50 Push-ups

time 58:05

My prayers for you and your familly, God bless you all and keep you in his arms. Thank you RJ for you service and sacrifice.[/QUOTE]

Fantastic work Nik, you hit it RXD, really wish I had a rope to truly test myself, swinging about on my bathing towel is just not the same.

Richard Macaulay 06-23-2010 02:52 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;801082]swinging about on my bathing towel is just not the same.[/QUOTE]

Iv done that before, i got asked to leave the ladies changing room and never to return.

Really great work Nik, that workout is seriously hard work. Great hero wod, i echo the sentiments and prayers that you sent to his family.

Ricky

Nik Nichols 06-23-2010 05:55 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;801082]Fantastic work Nik, you hit it RXD, really wish I had a rope to truly test myself, swinging about on my bathing towel is just not the same.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Scott, it was the rope that got me, my hands are still hurting from it. I hat standing looking at the rope, but it is so hard to go back up it again, there is always that doubt of slipping. I slipped some, and had to fight to get back where I was, and not fall.
[QUOTE=Richard Macaulay;801101]Iv done that before, i got asked to leave the ladies changing room and never to return.

Really great work Nik, that workout is seriously hard work. Great hero wod, i echo the sentiments and prayers that you sent to his family.

Ricky[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ricky. I wish we didn't have to do hero workouts at all.

Scott Jenkins 06-23-2010 05:58 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;801140]Thanks Scott, it was the rope that got me, my hands are still hurting from it. I hat standing looking at the rope, but it is so hard to go back up it again, there is always that doubt of slipping. I slipped some, and had to fight to get back where I was, and not fall.
[/QUOTE]

Good work for your grip definately. Big goat of mine today, I hate DB Thrusters, something about the squat feels so uncomfortable with DB's compared to a bar.

Off to watch England in the world cup first, I will probably be the only person in the bar not drinking beer seeing as I am going to the gym afterwards.

Nik Nichols 06-23-2010 06:07 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;801142]Good work for your grip definately. Big goat of mine today, I hate DB Thrusters, something about the squat feels so uncomfortable with DB's compared to a bar.

Off to watch England in the world cup first, I will probably be the only person in the bar not drinking beer seeing as I am going to the gym afterwards.[/QUOTE]

Well I'll be doing it with 40lbs DB's because we don't have 50's, but still thrusters are a goat of mine anyway, but I'm looking forward to it. I hear the first round is good, but after that the quads get tired from it.

Nik Nichols 06-23-2010 06:48 AM

am warm up
7 GHD's
30 backext 40lbs (glutes and hams sore)
30 abmatt situps witjh 45lbs plate
30 camille pushups
30 OHS's with bar

and 3 HSPU's to abmatt. After my shoulder messing up, I have lost the HSPU's, I couldn't get one regular one. I was stoked I got 3 to the abmatt, I can build from there I hope.

Nik Nichols 06-23-2010 08:22 AM

10:00 break

more HSPU's to abmatt.
3 sets 6,3,3 reps

and some deadhang pullups.

Nik Nichols 06-23-2010 10:49 AM

Three rounds for time of:
50 pound dumbbell Thruster, 15 reps
30 GHD situps

used 40lbs DB's (biggest I have)
GHD's rxd

time 12:07

Ghds are the hard part.

Thrusters broke after first set, thruster were not fast, I'd push then catch the DB's on my shoulder and then drop into the next one.

Then
3x3 bench press 185lbs
1 set of 10 reps bench at 135lbs.

oh and 35 DU's I though I was going to hit 40 today. Eh.

Scott Jenkins 06-23-2010 10:57 AM

Massive amount of work today Nik, your going to need a rest up tomorrow I reckon. Great work on the WOD, those thrusters are nasty with DB's, I think Ernie's using a barbel.

Nik Nichols 06-23-2010 11:00 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;801318]Massive amount of work today Nik, your going to need a rest up tomorrow I reckon. Great work on the WOD, those thrusters are nasty with DB's, I think Ernie's using a barbel.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott, my metcon is just slow. I'm adding some press work to try to shore up my weak shoulders.