CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 03-09-2010 07:27 AM

Re: Nik

Todays WOD looks shakey for me. I may have to bow out. I will see how my breaks go if I do it at all.

Scott Jenkins 03-09-2010 07:32 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;750828]Todays WOD looks shakey for me. I may have to bow out. I will see how my breaks go if I do it at all.[/QUOTE]

Program for yourself until your back is good or at least until you see the Dr on thursday. Just pick a few exercises that do not give you any problems and hit them, good time to do your own stuff as me and ernie will be self-programming for our sectionals so you wont be alone.

Nik Nichols 03-09-2010 12:03 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;750832]Program for yourself until your back is good or at least until you see the Dr on thursday. Just pick a few exercises that do not give you any problems and hit them, good time to do your own stuff as me and ernie will be self-programming for our sectionals so you wont be alone.[/QUOTE]

Well I took your advice Scott. Thanks by the way.

Nik Nichols 03-09-2010 12:09 PM

Own programming for my back. I would have buthered up todays WOD or hurt my back on the HSPU's.

My programming

Fran with 115lbs(52K?)
Time 11:19

Front squat help my back. So I did thrusters. I spent alot of time looking at the bar. Really all the time was at the bar. All pullups C2B un broken. The rest of the time was at the bar.

Then straighyt after
time 31:41
Ran straight out of the shop and into a head wind all the way to the turn arround. It became an exercize of not stopping. By the grace of God i didn't stop. Back feels good now. Legs do not!;)

Ernie Guevara 03-09-2010 02:29 PM

Dang nik I can't believe you did a 5k after the heavy Fran lol. You are one brave man! Good work bro!

Nik Nichols 03-09-2010 02:30 PM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;751043]Dang nik I can't believe you did a 5k after the heavy Fran lol. You are one brave man! Good work bro![/QUOTE]

My granny could have done both faster!!:rofl: But it felt good.

Leon Robotham 03-09-2010 02:34 PM

:rofl:

Glad the back feel better but the fact that the legs are now hammered from Fran and the run is hilarious. I hope it hasn't just blotted the back pain out though haha.

Scott Jenkins 03-10-2010 04:51 AM

Sounds good Nik, you should do what you feel is best more often or whenever your back is playing up as it seems to have lifted your mood and helped. Great news that its feeling better.

Nik Nichols 03-10-2010 07:09 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;751234]Sounds good Nik, you should do what you feel is best more often or whenever your back is playing up as it seems to have lifted your mood and helped. Great news that its feeling better.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott. You see through the internet pretty well. I can't wait to get to the Dr tomarrow. All though I'm afraid he will tell me to stop the workout.

I will tell him what I'm doing to ease it and what makes it feel better, so i hope at best he limites me.

Yesterday eased the pain pretty well. But sore this morning as usual. The more I work it the better it feels, but after sleep, I'm all sore all over again. I'm about to go back and see what I can do this morning at loosen up a little.

I don't know about deadlift. If it hurt I'm not doing it.

Oh as for yesterday I thought to myself, ''fran at 115 will be a good warmup for a 5K, it will only be a few min's and I'm running.''

Marianne Urbanski 03-10-2010 07:19 AM

Nik, you crack me up with your pain and then Heavy Fran AND a 5K run (that sounds horrible too!)...
What about "rest and recover'!?! or even Stretch and recover!? I will be curious to see what the DR says.. i hope you are feeling better though!!
:)