CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 03-08-2010 07:13 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;750093]was your back hurting during the swings? Mine is a bit sore from the deadlift/ohs wod. I might hit the other 2 wods later today. Good job finishing it nik even with the discomfort on your back![/QUOTE]

My back has been a mess for at least two weeks. See my reply to Scott. I was using great for on the swings, cheating them would have put me on the floor.

Scott Jenkins 03-08-2010 07:39 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;750331]Its a freakin disk. I feel it pop. When I sit for a wile(when I sit I feel ok) and get up it hurts real bad. Then once I'm up for a wile I feel fine. Little sore, but ok. If I lean back with my hand on my hips and strech it will pop once in a wile. It is causeing pain in my leg too.

Working out so far helps it. The more I do, the better it feels. The KB swings were rough though. By the third round I felt pretty good. I was limping on the first run.

So far I am doing all my streches for it, changed how I sleep for it. Exercize for it. I don't know when I can get to the DR, but I am working on going. Time off is almost imposible right now. We down sized and I'm the only one in the shop to referb equipment and ship. It will have to be a morning thing if I can swing it, of on a SAT if they are open.

Oh Ibuprofen to sleep. I have taken it off and on for a couple of weeks. I try not to take it if I can. Only at night so far.

How is yous?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you definately need to get to see someone and somebody good, also Ernie could get he's Chiro brother to look at your description of symptoms to see what he thinks in the meantime. Ive seen glute activation exercises are good for your particular back issue Nik. Mines good today, but that means nothing, it was great last Wednesday before I worked out, comes and goes all the time so we will see how I get on later.

I totally understand not having time to go , with full time work and your family it must be impossible to find the time . Im currently not even registered with a doctor, apparently mine died in 1987, only found out last year and have not re-registered yet.

Nik Nichols 03-08-2010 11:37 AM

Well I have an apointment on Thusday morning at 8:15am with my DR. I hope we get this figured out and I can go in the direction I need to get this healed and stronger so I can get past this.

Laurie Smith 03-08-2010 12:07 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;750452]Well I have an apointment on Thusday morning at 8:15am with my DR. I hope we get this figured out and I can go in the direction I need to get this healed and stronger so I can get past this.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about your back Nik. Hope it's nothing major. :(

Camille Lore 03-08-2010 12:40 PM

Shoot. Sorry to hear you're injured. :(
Definitely keep us posted.

Nik Nichols 03-08-2010 02:14 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;750483]Sorry to hear about your back Nik. Hope it's nothing major. :([/QUOTE]

Thanks.
Honestly it has been going on for two weeks now. Working out eases it. Sitting still it gets sore.
[QUOTE=Camille Lore;750505]Shoot. Sorry to hear you're injured. :(
Definitely keep us posted.[/QUOTE]

Hey Camille!! Thanks I'll get it figured out and when I do I'll workup a program and my back will be rock solid. I'm sick of it, I have to fix it. I hope you are feeling better too.

Leon Robotham 03-08-2010 02:20 PM

Sorry to hear the back's still jipping you fella, nothong worse than that at all!!

Nik Nichols 03-08-2010 02:21 PM

[QUOTE=Leon Robotham;750564]Sorry to hear the back's still jipping you fella, nothong worse than that at all!![/QUOTE]

I will get it fixed!!:ranting2:

Leon Robotham 03-08-2010 02:26 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;750565]I will get it fixed!!:ranting2:[/QUOTE]

Get it seen to and then if you can get access to a reverse hyper you should be good. Louie Simmons has some nice articles out about it. Also a vid on the journal today actually!

Nik Nichols 03-08-2010 02:28 PM

[QUOTE=Leon Robotham;750569]Get it seen to and then if you can get access to a reverse hyper you should be good. Louie Simmons has some nice articles out about it. Also a vid on the journal today actually![/QUOTE]

Saw it, started doing them unweighted last week, will weight them when Doc clears me, or I'm not in pain from it. I will have back abs!!