CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Stuff and Nonsense (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   You know you have a CrossFit Problem when... (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=30961)

Steve Reggio 04-25-2008 05:59 PM

You know you have a CrossFit Problem when...

I just realized mine tonight. Had to buy some furniture at Ikea, of course it is all in 10 boxes each. Had to take it around the house in the back door. It was not enough to just carry the boxes. I had to press them overhead and walk them around the house overhead.

All about the mid-line stabilization baby!

What caused you to realize you have a problem?

Mark E. Wallace 04-25-2008 06:17 PM

Re: You know you have a CrossFit Problem when...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Reggio (Post 299409)

I started. :)

- Mark

Derek Maffett 04-25-2008 06:26 PM

When I thought to myself just now, "you should have held the weight overhead and done walking lunges."

Steve Reggio 04-25-2008 06:43 PM

Dammit now I have to go move the stuff again...

Michael Houghton 04-25-2008 10:15 PM

I gave my son my watch when I was going into the store and asked him to time how long I would take...then I ran.

Richard Vanmeerbeek 04-26-2008 05:14 AM

You keep "active shoulders" while typing on the computer :D

Matt DeMinico 04-26-2008 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Reggio (Post 299409)
I just realized mine tonight. Had to buy some furniture at Ikea, of course it is all in 10 boxes each. Had to take it around the house in the back door. It was not enough to just carry the boxes. I had to press them overhead and walk them around the house overhead.

All about the mid-line stabilization baby!

Heh, I did the same thing with pieces of fence. But then again, it was actually a better way of carrying the fence, just getting that awkward piece of fence overhead was interesting, but once it was there, it was actually pretty cool :)

Jeff R Tucker 04-26-2008 08:27 AM

when you have decided to mow 2 acres for time in knee deep grass on the vacant land next door.

Grace Patenaude 04-26-2008 09:09 AM

When you wear crossfit shirts/tank tops 7 days a week (sometimes twice a few days).

When you have a CrossFit sticker in front of your SUV's windshield on the driver's side.

When you know your ripped callous has healed but you tape it around anyway, and show up with it at baseball fields and dinner get-togethers.....just so you can say, "Yeah, I rip my callouses at least once a month from trying to increase my pull up numbers...and that would be kipping pull ups, do you know what that is?"......."Oh, yeah...my shirt?" :D

Christine Reinhart 04-26-2008 09:33 AM

My husband and I are renovating our basement, so last weekend I consciously 'chose' to do most of the painting with my left (non-dominant) hand to work on my strength imbalance. My shoulders were burning from all the painting, but afterward, I 'chose' to go outside and shovel wet, heavy snow for about an hour. Again, shoulders on fire...but it was great!