CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Community (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Capital Crossfit Ottawa gone? (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=19587)

Sam Michaud 07-01-2007 08:05 AM

Just wondering if any of you Ottawa Crossfitters can shed light into what is going on at Capital Crossfit. Their webpage says that their contracts will be honoured by Crossfit NCR and also contains a link (see: http://ottawafitnessequipment.wordpress.com/ WFS)to a site selling off their bars, bumpers, rowers, and mats.

Very sorry to see them go :mf_depressed:

Sam

Michael Manseau 07-02-2007 03:17 AM

Sam,
I noticed alot of June's blog pointing to Xfit NCR. I do remember on my last Foundation day that they were planning on moving out thanks to a rather large rent increase.
I was under the impression that they were still looking for a place but I haven't been in touch with the staff.
Trust your move went well.

Mike

Sam Michaud 07-02-2007 03:37 AM

Thanks for the update Mike.

Things are good here - just got the new pull-up bar installed and the rings hung in my home gym. My C2 even made the move undamaged. Will send you pics once I find my camera again.

Sam

Michael Manseau 07-02-2007 04:40 AM

Sam,
Sorry I don't have more info on Capital. Perhaps if you email the folks at NCR?
I'm still looking for my camera & we've been here 3 years now :-(

Mike

Pierre Auge 07-02-2007 07:55 AM

For professional reasons CrossFit Mobile(me) has amicably ceased operations with Capital CrossFit.

Unfortunately that left Colin the owner of Capital CrossFit in a position where he could not continue to move forward with his business model. He is now attempting to recover his losses which should be fairly easy if local CrossFitters take advantage of the opportunity to purchase the really good equipment Colin has in storage. Its an opportunity to save a bundle on shipping charges. Anyone in their right mind would take advantage of this!

I personally am continuing with CrossFit Mobile and things are looking quite promising at the moment. Several things I have changed and in my opinion improved over how I have done business in the past year+ as an affiliate. Training is picking up and I'm returning to my roots as a small box (garage) gym S&C coach. I'm having fun again and that's what really matters.

I really wish the best of luck to Colin and his family, I appreciated working with him and learning from him. Colin is a very good man and a friend and its unfortunate that this situation came to be but I feel now it was inevitable.

Tis life...

if anyone has any questions about training or otherwise they can contact me at pjr.augeATgmail.com.

Sam Michaud 07-02-2007 03:49 PM

Thanks Pierre - disappointing to see the demise of Capital Crossfit but understandable given the circumstances. I hope Colin has not been hit too bad financially by trying to bring Crossfit to Ottawa.

I wish I had known that Colin was going to liquidate his C2 Ds before I left town, I would have grabbed one from him before I left. Oh well, there is some great equipment sitting there for the lucky Ottawa Crossfitters who can take advantage.

Sam

Michael Manseau 07-03-2007 03:46 AM

Pierre,
Thanks for shedding light on the situation. As I mentioned to Sam, I wasn't going to post what I didn't know.
So are you hooking up with NCR or starting something across the bridge?

Mike

Chris Melanson 07-03-2007 12:02 PM

I'm really sorry to see CCF go ;(

While I did not make it in as much as I would have liked, I always thought this was just the beginning of something really great.

Colin's a great guy and resourceful man, I'm sure things will work out for him and I hope that CF in the Nation's Capital can continue to grow.

C

Michael Manseau 07-04-2007 01:35 PM

So is Xfit NCR the only place left or is Capital still looking for an alternate location. I was under the impression when I completed the Foundations course that CCF was looking for a new location.
Can anyone closer to Colin confirm/kill the rumor?

Mike

Sam Michaud 07-04-2007 04:45 PM

Mike,

I think the fact that Colin has announced, on the CCF page, that he is selling all of the equipment pretty much guarantees that a new location is not in the cards.

I haven't talked to Colin but there is also a comment to this effect on the Crossfit NCR page.

Sam