CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 10-26-2010 06:25 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;859950]Great work on the WOD Nik, combination of crazy fast bodyweight then get your head together for a heavy 1rm, good work. Hope you got your thinking sorted.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott.I'm glad I didn't stop on that one. Still got the stress, nothing I want to post about in public but still stressing.

I wanted to do sundays heavy dead work but just couldn't warmup to it this morning. Als I was in line in my car this morning stopped ad the car bumped me from behind. Do damage, just a frustrating bump.

Nik Nichols 10-26-2010 06:26 AM

A.M. warm up 30 reps all
abmatt situps 45lbs plate over head
OHS's with Bar
GHD's
Back ext no weight.

Scott Jenkins 10-26-2010 06:36 AM

Hope the other driver was insured Nik. That deadlift / OHS workout looks nasty, bit heavy for my battered self right now, I am going to do the one you did yesterday.

Nik Nichols 10-26-2010 06:40 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;860002]Hope the other driver was insured Nik. That deadlift / OHS workout looks nasty, bit heavy for my battered self right now, I am going to do the one you did yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Yea, My shoulders were not happy today to do the OHS's.

You will kill yesterday workout. My problem was ''set up'' for the clean. I was taking so long to go through the check list in my head and get the confidence to pull it.

My tip is pick a weight that you are confidend to pull wile you are breathless. That is the trick. You do that you will go fast. The clean will be a bump instead of an obsticle.

Oh and my car is fine, just frustrating.

Scott Jenkins 10-26-2010 06:45 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;860005]Yea, My shoulders were not happy today to do the OHS's.

You will kill yesterday workout. My problem was ''set up'' for the clean. I was taking so long to go through the check list in my head and get the confidence to pull it.

My tip is pick a weight that you are confidend to pull wile you are breathless. That is the trick. You do that you will go fast. The clean will be a bump instead of an obsticle.

Oh and my car is fine, just frustrating.[/QUOTE]

I think most people went with 75% of there 1 rep max so that's 75k for me right now, hopefully bigger in the near future with the getting under practice, feel like I am already doing the jerks different. I could maybe go up to 80k/176lb.

Glad its just a bump in the car and not any whiplash for you.

Nik Nichols 10-26-2010 06:54 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;860006]I think most people went with 75% of there 1 rep max so that's 75k for me right now, hopefully bigger in the near future with the getting under practice, feel like I am already doing the jerks different. I could maybe go up to 80k/176lb.

Glad its just a bump in the car and not any whiplash for you.[/QUOTE]

Go with the 75k. You will feel it for sure. Will you power clean it? I didn't even think about that till Ernie pointed it out. Plus that is the weight I finished with after round 3. So you can beat me at my weight!! Like it would be hard to beat 20 min.

Oh and now that you point that out 75% for me is the 75K too.

Ernie Guevara 10-26-2010 07:25 AM

Quick question guys on the wod u are discussing. Is the point o it to go as fast as possible or to go heavy on the clean and jerk? Because I was thnkin of doing it with like 205.

Nik Nichols 10-26-2010 07:35 AM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;860023]Quick question guys on the wod u are discussing. Is the point o it to go as fast as possible or to go heavy on the clean and jerk? Because I was thnkin of doing it with like 205.[/QUOTE]

Remember you are on the clock. The point is to go as heavy as you can AND move fast. 75% I think is the best weight. Oh and I think most people went power clean which is faster still.

I went more then 75% and it drug me down. I really want to redo it a bit lighter and reall kill it.

Nik Nichols 10-26-2010 08:35 AM

10:00 break
light deads and OHS's just to see how it felt after this morning(felt better)

then HSPU's

3 sets max reps

set1. 5reps

Ready Scott?
Set 2. 10 reps
set 3. 4 reps( I didn't really try I was so stoked to get the 10)

Nik Nichols 10-26-2010 11:13 AM

Well no go for me on the lunch makeup workout. OHS's did not happen. I got 4 in a row and dropped the bar 3 attempts later and still couldn't get ine more, dropped weight by 20pound and only got a few more and couldn't get another rep. My shoulders are that fried.

I did the next round of deads just to do it and called it.

Oh got a bit dizzy again. This weekend I didn't eat NEAR enough and monday I didn't eat what I usually do. I hope it is just lack of food on the dizzy.