CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 08-18-2010 11:25 AM

Re: Nik

"Nate"

Complete as many rounds in twenty minutes as you can of:
2 Muscle-ups
4 Handstand Push-ups
8 2-Pood Kettlebell swings

7rounds 2MU 4HSPU's 5KB

last time I got 11rounds and a MU

It was the HSPU's. I got the first two rounds unbroken. Then it was 2's then it was singles and a kip from my head. I only ''missed'' 2 reps. But I had to kip from the bottom.

MU's I missed one rep from sweaty hand, it slipped and my hand shot arround so I dumped it.

KB swing all unbroken.

It was good. I wish my hspus were better of course. but real happy with the rest of it. I'm even happy with the HSPU's. I haven't done a single one to the floor in months.

Scott Jenkins 08-18-2010 11:38 AM

Great work Nik, you were worried about the swings yet they were the easiest part and unbroken for you. Guess its time to put a few hspu's in your breaks, they are so stubborn to improve.

Laurie Smith 08-18-2010 11:42 AM

Great job Nik!

Nik Nichols 08-18-2010 12:04 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;829581]Great work Nik, you were worried about the swings yet they were the easiest part and unbroken for you. Guess its time to put a few hspu's in your breaks, they are so stubborn to improve.[/QUOTE]
You are 100% right. KB and MU's were a break.

And you are right, Now HSPU's are back on the menue. I HAVE to get them back and better then they were.
[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;829587]Great job Nik![/QUOTE]

Thank you thank you, I was wondering where you had been.

Laurie Smith 08-18-2010 02:10 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;829606] Thank you thank you, I was wondering where you had been.[/QUOTE]

I took a rest day yesterday. :eek:

Nik Nichols 08-18-2010 02:13 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;829696]I took a rest day yesterday. :eek:[/QUOTE]

:yikes:

WHAT?

Laurie Smith 08-18-2010 02:25 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;829700]:yikes:

WHAT?[/QUOTE]

I know but I've gone 11 days without rest so I forced myself. If I go a full 2 weeks I'm just exhausted.

Oh and I ordered the Greg Everett dvd on Olympic Weightlifting and got it in the mail today. I'm so excited!!

Jay Rhodes 08-18-2010 02:29 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;829714]I know but I've gone 11 days without rest so I forced myself. If I go a full 2 weeks I'm just exhausted.

Oh and I ordered the Greg Everett dvd on Olympic Weightlifting and got it in the mail today. I'm so excited!![/QUOTE]

11 days! I've done it before too....but the body needs rest!

Laurie Smith 08-18-2010 02:30 PM

[QUOTE=Jay Rhodes;829717]11 days! I've done it before too....but the body needs rest![/QUOTE]

Yip, yip. I'm trying to take more rest days. :o

Nik Nichols 08-18-2010 03:16 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;829714]I know but I've gone 11 days without rest so I forced myself. If I go a full 2 weeks I'm just exhausted.

Oh and I ordered the Greg Everett dvd on Olympic Weightlifting and got it in the mail today. I'm so excited!![/QUOTE]
Oh Nice. Let me know what you think of it. Any tips that you come across , pass it on.

I was just giving you crap on the rest day. I use to not take them, and I burned out. So no matter how good I feel I really try to take them. I still end up with a workout here and ther on a rest day.
[QUOTE=Jay Rhodes;829717]11 days! I've done it before too....but the body needs rest![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;829718]Yip, yip. I'm trying to take more rest days. :o[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It isn't the exercize that builds muscle, it is the recovery. .