CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 05-13-2010 10:54 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;783492]I rolled my back and shoulders on my foam roller last night. Man that felt good. I need to do that everyday.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even realize how tight and sore I am till I really started rolling.

Nik Nichols 05-13-2010 10:56 AM

WOD 16min rolling my shoulder on a golf ball. Rolled my hams and quads. DU practice. DU's feel a bit better, a little more controlled, but still low reps.

Burgener wsnach warm up.

wall streches.

Scott Jenkins 05-13-2010 11:11 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;783574]I didn't even realize how tight and sore I am till I really started rolling.[/QUOTE]

Nobody knows how much they need rolling until they try and feel the soreness, my calves are pain free but when I get the roller on them its agony, do your whole body whenever you have time, Charles Bennington once said on these logs that things like burpee challenges would always cause injuries through repititive strains so why not form a challenge where its something that you can do to excess and it will be great for you like the 'Foam Roll 30 mins every day' challenge, really helps especially with the toughness of CF programming and now we are a little bit older.

I think this shoulder pain you have is going to become a positive thing now you have put more effort into rolling and rehab, reckon in a few days you will be better than new and rearing to smash some WODs again.

Nik Nichols 05-13-2010 11:18 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;783587]Nobody knows how much they need rolling until they try and feel the soreness, my calves are pain free but when I get the roller on them its agony, do your whole body whenever you have time, Charles Bennington once said on these logs that things like burpee challenges would always cause injuries through repititive strains so why not form a challenge where its something that you can do to excess and it will be great for you like the 'Foam Roll 30 mins every day' challenge, really helps especially with the toughness of CF programming and now we are a little bit older.

I think this shoulder pain you have is going to become a positive thing now you have put more effort into rolling and rehab, reckon in a few days you will be better than new and rearing to smash some WODs again.[/QUOTE]

HA I haven't thought about Chuck in a wile, he is working here in Texas, about an hour away, I need to try to catch up with him.

You are right. And right again. I will really focus more time on rehabing soreness now. I'm all for the 30min challenge. i may make one up on the cjhallenge board and see how it goes. 30min is tough time, but really well spent.

I told myself I'd roll for 15 and it got painful and I would have stoped but I was laying ther think I wouldn't stop on a workout so I wasn't stopping here. It wasn't easy on a ball either. But it will pay off greatly.

I'm about to die from not working out, but I promised I wouldn't complane about it. Cathy doesn't even know I'm on a break.

Scott Jenkins 05-13-2010 11:22 AM

OH right ole chuck's from Texas then, makes sense now that he had that crazy avatar. The foam rolling is great for your core also, do your lower back , one side at a time not over the spine, upper back is a luxury and when you have done a lot of pull ups getting into the lats can be painful but essential.

Dont tell Cathy your on a break or she will blame anything you do wrong on it!! Do you think yo will be ready for the next cycle?

Nik Nichols 05-13-2010 11:52 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;783596]OH right ole chuck's from Texas then, makes sense now that he had that crazy avatar. The foam rolling is great for your core also, do your lower back , one side at a time not over the spine, upper back is a luxury and when you have done a lot of pull ups getting into the lats can be painful but essential.

Dont tell Cathy your on a break or she will blame anything you do wrong on it!! Do you think yo will be ready for the next cycle?[/QUOTE]

Yea should be, I'll just have to watch it and keep the extras to a min and stay on the roller till I'm 100%

That'sa what I thought about Cathy, any bad mood will be blamed on the rest. So mum's the word

Nik Nichols 05-13-2010 01:26 PM

3:00 break...Yup, you guessed it, more rolling

8:00 on shoulder, I found a bad spot and it was agony to stay on it for that long.

Rolled upper and lower back.

Brady picked up a 1 pood KB and I couldn't help doing one arm power snaches with right arm for a few reps just to feel the punch through at the top.

Oh and all this rilling on my left shoulder is not in the same spot. I started on my back and am norw on the front. And I have done my tri's too.

Nik Nichols 05-14-2010 06:34 AM

early rolling ect
I got my baseball. Rolled the front of my shoulder, I found a spot and was working on it and could feel it in my bicept where i have been having bicept soreness at the the elbow end.

Rolled my back on the foam rolled and my hams.

I am getting all kinds of sore from not working out, I'm itching for a workout.

My stresses are about the same at work and at home. I don't see either going away soon, so I have to deal with it and do the best I can to keep it to a minimum and rest and sleep as much as I can get. (7 hours last night)

My arm is not perfect yet, but after this cycle I'll see what I can do. I'll just favor my arm for now if I have to, dial back all the extra's other then BW stuff, stay on the roller. Get better and go for a strenth Cycle after I'm good.

Marianne Urbanski 05-14-2010 06:39 AM

[quote=Nik Nichols;783954]early rolling ect
I got my baseball. Rolled the front of my shoulder, I found a spot and was working on it and could feel it in my bicept where i have been having bicept soreness at the the elbow end.

Rolled my back on the foam rolled and my hams.

I am getting all kinds of sore from not working out, I'm itching for a workout.

My stresses are about the same at work and at home. I don't see either going away soon, so I have to deal with it and do the best I can to keep it to a minimum and rest and sleep as much as I can get. (7 hours last night)

My arm is not perfect yet, but after this cycle I'll see what I can do. I'll just favor my arm for now if I have to, dial back all the extra's other then BW stuff, stay on the roller. Get better and go for a strenth Cycle after I'm good.[/quote]

sounds like a great plan, Nik!! :highfive:
hope you are better soon!

Nik Nichols 05-14-2010 06:42 AM

[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;783958]sounds like a great plan, Nik!! :highfive:
hope you are better soon![/QUOTE]

Thanks, it has been a tough week. I hope it pays off next week. I just have to watch it and keep on the rehab. I didn't even know I was this sore!!