CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   CrossPit (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   UFC 140 - Jones v Machida (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=70713)

Sean Dunston 10-06-2011 10:20 AM

UFC 140 - Jones v Machida

hmm... what happened to Rashad?

Oh well. the rest of the card looks decent.

I guess I'll have to sift through Dana White's tweets to figure out what happened to Rashad.

Robert Callahan 10-06-2011 03:34 PM

Re: UFC 140 - Jones v Machida

I think the Machida fight is a more interesting match up for Jones anyways. Jones will still have the physical advantage as far as reach is concerned, but I don't think that is ever going to change... (Who the F has a 7' wingspan at 6'4"!?!?!??)

Machida is a counter striker and unorthodox in style, at the very least it presents a new challenge for Jones to figure out :)

Vickie Ellickson 10-06-2011 04:04 PM

I think Rashad broke his hand. He must be distraught that this fight has been delayed at least a year between his injuries and Bones' injuries. I wonder if he keeps his #1 contender status?

Bummer, I was looking forward to that fight.

Have fun going through Dana's tweets...he was quite the bitter turnip that some outlets reported that a different fight would occur. :rolleyes:

Ryan Hoegner 10-07-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vickie Ellickson (Post 993030)
I think Rashad broke his hand. He must be distraught that this fight has been delayed at least a year between his injuries and Bones' injuries. I wonder if he keeps his #1 contender status?

Bummer, I was looking forward to that fight.

Have fun going through Dana's tweets...he was quite the bitter turnip that some outlets reported that a different fight would occur. :rolleyes:

Rashad just got pins taken out of his hand and has another 4-5 weeks of rehab before he can actually train. This would only give him 3-4 weeks to actually prepare for the fight.

Chu Kim 10-07-2011 10:37 PM

I think Machida can pull off the slight upset on Jones in this one. It seems that Machida is still improving, based on his recent fights, even though he lost to Rua twice basically, that was mainly due to a style advantage for Rua. Most fighters will have a very tough time with Machida. I think the challenger is going to come very prepared and hungry to regain his title at LHW. If, however, Jones comes up with a win, then he will surely earn fighter of the year awards, because he has been pawning major *** in a very short span of time.

Doug Blankenship 10-09-2011 11:57 AM

I love Urine and Rashad are the two biggest test left for Jones. If Jones makes Machida look like a fool, which I doubt he will, I will never second guess Jones again.

I don't care who wins this fight, but I do want to see what happens when Jones gets hit numerous times.

Robert Callahan 10-09-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug Blankenship (Post 993736)
I love Urine and Rashad are the two biggest test left for Jones. If Jones makes Machida look like a fool, which I doubt he will, I will never second guess Jones again.

I don't care who wins this fight, but I do want to see what happens when Jones gets hit numerous times.

I am still interested to see if Machida CAN "hit Jones numerous times". His reach is 6'2", Jones is 7'1/2". As a counter striker it will be very tough to counter strike, when you can't even reach your opponent as they punch you in the face. He has a shot due to his unorthodox style, but I don't know if I would go so far as to say he WILL do damage. More like, he MAY do damage.

Either way I am excited to see what happens.

Doug Blankenship 10-09-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Callahan (Post 993749)
I am still interested to see if Machida CAN "hit Jones numerous times". His reach is 6'2", Jones is 7'1/2". As a counter striker it will be very tough to counter strike, when you can't even reach your opponent as they punch you in the face. He has a shot due to his unorthodox style, but I don't know if I would go so far as to say he WILL do damage. More like, he MAY do damage.

Either way I am excited to see what happens.

Oh I feel like this fight has boring decision written all over it. Im just really interested to see how jones reacted when he's in trouble.

Robert Callahan 10-10-2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug Blankenship (Post 993756)
Oh I feel like this fight has boring decision written all over it. Im just really interested to see how jones reacted when he's in trouble.

I am interested to see if Machida will even be ABLE TO get Jones in trouble, is what I was trying to say :)

Doug Blankenship 10-11-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Callahan (Post 993982)
I am interested to see if Machida will even be ABLE TO get Jones in trouble, is what I was trying to say :)

I hear ya, I was trying to say the samething. I think......:shrug: