CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 01-06-2009 06:47 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Matthew Green;486037]Ahhhhhhh...... I thought you were talking about lower back pain. I missed reading this past and saw your 100 back extensions and thought you'd lost it!

Were your 30 weighted dips consecutive?

I just had a 'wait on a minute' moment with regard to my dipping. I hit a new PR on weighted dips last night with 3 x 73lb which i was uber happy with as this is heavier than my previous 1RM........... but I still can't shoulder press more than 134lb :censored:[/QUOTE]

No 3 sets of 10 on the weighted dips, I alternated between those and the pullups.

You should be happy with the 73lbs dip!! That is good work!!

Shoulder press is a mean lift!!To me it is just muscle. If you don't have it, it is not going up. Now push press or anything with a jerk or jump, there is a hught element of skill that for me compisates for strenth. But Shoulder press is a different thing entirely.

Nik Nichols 01-06-2009 11:06 AM

Ok 100 more situps 2 sets 50 with 25lbs these help my back for some reason. 2 sets 50 back ect with 25 lbs.

Nik Nichols 01-07-2009 07:25 AM

Well situps massage my back and it feels better, I have now done so many situps that I have a raw spot on my but. I can't win for loosing!!:rofl:

Nick Harris 01-07-2009 08:04 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;486057]Shoulder press is a mean lift!!To me it is just muscle. If you don't have it, it is not going up. Now push press or anything with a jerk or jump, there is a hught element of skill that for me compisates for strenth. But Shoulder press is a different thing entirely.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;486245]Ok 100 more situps 2 sets 50 with 25lbs these help my back for some reason. 2 sets 50 back ect with 25 lbs.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;486983]Well situps massage my back and it feels better, I have now done so many situps that I have a raw spot on my but. I can't win for loosing!!:rofl:[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on the Shoulder Press, if you don't have it, it isn't going up. Anything over 140 lbs is pretty much not going to happen for me unless I have a really strong day.

Great ab workout man, good to hear your back is coming along. Keep up the good work man.

Nik Nichols 01-07-2009 08:05 AM

Well I did get 50 more situps, and my back feels some better.:rofl:

Brady Herrin 01-07-2009 08:32 AM

Suck it up, Nik!

We should do a 5k today.

Charles Bennington 01-07-2009 10:00 AM

If Sit-Ups help your back, get on the rings. I would suspect that Front Lever, Back Lever, and Support work would help you tremendously.

Nik Nichols 01-07-2009 10:13 AM

[QUOTE=Charles Bennington;487126]If Sit-Ups help your back, get on the rings. I would suspect that Front Lever, Back Lever, and Support work would help you tremendously.[/QUOTE]

Done, I will try them at lunck in about an hour. But I have never done one, I had to look up what they even where. So I will post results of good stretching, or catistrophic failiure!!:rofl:

Thanks for the tip Chuck.

Charles Bennington 01-07-2009 10:24 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;487138]Done, I will try them at lunck in about an hour. But I have never done one, I had to look up what they even where. So I will post results of good stretching, or catistrophic failiure!!:rofl:

Thanks for the tip Chuck.[/QUOTE]

If you should die it is SOOO not my fault!;)

Nik Nichols 01-07-2009 10:35 AM

[QUOTE=Charles Bennington;487150]If you should die it is SOOO not my fault!;)[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA!! I will come an haunt you!!!!