CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Scott Jenkins 11-12-2010 06:22 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;866934]Funny you should say that. I was giving out big at the presses. Mumbling about not even warm up and wantin g to lift heavy,but if I'm going to do this I guess I need to follow it as best I can and see the progress.

Yesterday should have been a rest day, but Brady wants to have weekends off, so for now were are going to try a 5on2off. But I see needing a break once it really pushes into the heavy.

Man I have been waiting for Nancy, that is a great workout. I know you have class and will make it up, but I have a love hate for that workout. I really love it when my OHS are good. I may have to try and sneek that in over the weekend if at all posible![/QUOTE]

Just like you, Nik, deload just seems to be worthless to me, if you going to not go close to your maximum its almost as if your better off resting the movement, but they who programme obviously know more than me.

Yeah Nancy is a great one, I am going to take a bar outside tomorrow unless it is raining, the rain dont bother me but they probably dont want there equipment getting wet. Only done it on the treadmill so should be interesting free running. Hope you find the time to get it done.

Nik Nichols 11-12-2010 07:45 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;866940]Just like you, Nik, deload just seems to be worthless to me, if you going to not go close to your maximum its almost as if your better off resting the movement, but they who programme obviously know more than me.

Yeah Nancy is a great one, I am going to take a bar outside tomorrow unless it is raining, the rain dont bother me but they probably dont want there equipment getting wet. Only done it on the treadmill so should be interesting free running. Hope you find the time to get it done.[/QUOTE]

Right on on the deload, but like you said, I don't know how that kind of programming works, but they have proven results, so I'll grit my teeh and endure it for the cycle and move on after.

I was thinking that if I get a chance to do Nancy I'll take a bar to the track, that would be a blast.

Scott Jenkins 11-12-2010 07:52 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;866961]Right on on the deload, but like you said, I don't know how that kind of programming works, but they have proven results, so I'll grit my teeh and endure it for the cycle and move on after.

I was thinking that if I get a chance to do Nancy I'll take a bar to the track, that would be a blast.[/QUOTE]

Yes you definately should endure it, you got the deload over with now so its got to be some good heavy days coming.

The track will be great, I will be using the round the block route outside the gym, rain or not the bars going outside as I want to compete on level ground!!!

Nik Nichols 11-12-2010 08:02 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;866967]Yes you definately should endure it, you got the deload over with now so its got to be some good heavy days coming.

The track will be great, I will be using the round the block route outside the gym, rain or not the bars going outside as I want to compete on level ground!!![/QUOTE]

Sounds good. I never had the plesure of the tread mill in a metcon, it doesnt sound fun, but it gets the job done. I'd hate trying to pace on a tread mill with out the visual of the distance.

Scott Jenkins 11-12-2010 08:27 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;866974]Sounds good. I never had the plesure of the tread mill in a metcon, it doesnt sound fun, but it gets the job done. I'd hate trying to pace on a tread mill with out the visual of the distance.[/QUOTE]

The treadmill chases you along at the pace you need to get a pr, I always set it on pr pace and leave it running while I jump off and hit the OHS or whatever else there is, it does mean some nasty painful workouts but still is nothing like the old videos where people run out of gyms that I really like the look of.

Nik Nichols 11-12-2010 09:38 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;866981]The treadmill chases you along at the pace you need to get a pr, I always set it on pr pace and leave it running while I jump off and hit the OHS or whatever else there is, it does mean some nasty painful workouts but still is nothing like the old videos where people run out of gyms that I really like the look of.[/QUOTE]

Sounds painfull, but like I said it gets it done, and that is what counts.

Nik Nichols 11-12-2010 10:39 AM

10:00 break 15min rolling left glute and just above the glute. ( I was on the phone wile I was rolling and didn't track time. )

Nik Nichols 11-12-2010 12:19 PM

Buy-in: Jump rope, 5:00
I did 39DU in a row then had the worst trouble doing singles. After all jump ropes being DUs I couldnt slow down enough to time singles. I didcross over jumps and du's.
603 WOD

5 rounds for time, 30 squats + 20 KB swings (Russian, 24K/16K) + 10 pull-ups

time 8:34 all sets un broken, I caught myself going a bit slow on the first set of squats, but picked it up.

Cash out: Jump around a bunch. Find something outside to jump on, or over. Do that a bunch of times, or until it stops being fun.

Did some box jumps, nailed a 38in jump

Missed 3 time on a 44in, I landed the second one but I was two far back wards to stay up. Third try I thought I had it and right foot slipped off and banged my shin. So close.

Then in front of our build is a 2 to 3 foot wall we jumped on and over and ect, just jumping.

Shannon Mullens 11-12-2010 01:09 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;867072] Did some box jumps, nailed a 38in jump

Missed 3 time on a 44in, I landed the second one but I was two far back wards to stay up. Third try I thought I had it and right foot slipped off and banged my shin. So close.

Then in front of our build is a 2 to 3 foot wall we jumped on and over and ect, just jumping.[/QUOTE]

Holy :censored:. This is insane. And awesome. And insanely awesome. Go you!!!!

Nik Nichols 11-12-2010 02:04 PM

[QUOTE=Shannon Mullens;867103]Holy :censored:. This is insane. And awesome. And insanely awesome. Go you!!!![/QUOTE]

HAHA yea little shorty has some spring.