CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 09-17-2008 06:35 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Danielle Benford;401878]Nice job! If my back heals tomorrow, I'll see if I can beat my last Michael time (which is not anywhere close to yours, lol). Kudos on keeping the whole first set unbroken - that's hard after pumping 800m!![/QUOTE]
Thanks, i have been doing weighted situps, so i was looking forward to this one.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;402150]Good work Nik , when i started running my 1st 800m , the feeling in my throat from Fran hit me again, that cycle was very heavy on the metcon!![/QUOTE]

Yea, the weather here is nice lately, but it was a little hard on the lungs.

Vanessa Sisson 09-17-2008 06:46 AM

That's nice time on Micheal, Nik. :highfive:

Nik Nichols 09-17-2008 06:58 AM

[QUOTE=Vanessa Pierce;402300]That's nice time on Micheal, Nik. :highfive:[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I checked the main page post comments, my time is in the mix, not the fastest, not the slowest, so I will push for a faster time next time. Yea, I know, never happy.

Nik Nichols 09-17-2008 11:20 AM

Seeing as it is a rest day, all I did today was

3sets of 10 dips with 30lbs.
3sets 15 situps with 25lbs
3sets 15 squats with 30lbs weight vest
3sets 15 back extensions with 25lbs
3sets 10 pullups with 30lbs weight vest. Just to keep the blood running.

Nik Nichols 09-18-2008 12:00 PM

CFWU, semi weighted
"Grace"

135 pound Clean and Jerk, 30 reps

My back is sore so i had to drop to 115lbs, time 6:35
It sucked that I couldn't do more, I was looking forward the this one. i guess it is ok to lighten the load for sorness. I get to eat my own word to Ricky. If I want to be fit, I can't push when I'm hurting.

Richard Macaulay 09-18-2008 12:58 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;403509]CFWU, semi weighted
"Grace"

135 pound Clean and Jerk, 30 reps

My back is sore so i had to drop to 115lbs, time 6:35
It sucked that I couldn't do more, I was looking forward the this one. i guess it is ok to lighten the load for sorness. I get to eat my own word to Ricky. If I want to be fit, I can't push when I'm hurting.[/QUOTE]

Mate im the same, i have all the sensible info in the world for my clients, but i dont always heed it myself. I mean im never stupid, i dont train if im hurt, but i do tend to moan about it lol.

Ricky

Nik Nichols 09-19-2008 06:42 AM

[QUOTE=Richard Macaulay;403555]Mate im the same, i have all the sensible info in the world for my clients, but i dont always heed it myself. I mean im never stupid, i dont train if im hurt, but i do tend to moan about it lol.

Ricky[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA!! That made me laugh, i am moaning about it today!! My back is killing me, I'm glad its a run for me, I thought I was going have to skip, but I think I can get a run in, I will let you know.

Scott Jenkins 09-19-2008 07:13 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;404190]HAHAHA!! That made me laugh, i am moaning about it today!! My back is killing me, I'm glad its a run for me, I thought I was going have to skip, but I think I can get a run in, I will let you know.[/QUOTE]

I will be thinking of you Nik, today we both run with bad backs , still going for a PR though mate!!

Nik Nichols 09-19-2008 08:03 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;404210]I will be thinking of you Nik, today we both run with bad backs , still going for a PR though mate!![/QUOTE]

Good luck!! I just want to get through it without agrivating it worse!

Christin Street 09-19-2008 09:09 AM

Good luck w/ the run today, Nik! I found it grueling after doing so much strength lately. My time took a hit!