CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Running a CrossFit Facility (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   statulo.us - a free crossfit tracker for your affiliate (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=39800)

Brian Doll 11-29-2008 09:58 PM

statulo.us - a free crossfit tracker for your affiliate

Hi folks,

I wanted to announce to other Crossfit affiliates the availability of a free online crossfit fitness tracker that I built and have been using with my local affiliate for a few months now.
(I am a client, the gym I belong to uses the app extensively.)

http://statulo.usPLEASE ENSURE YOU ANNOTATE ALL LINKS WHETHER WORK AND FAMILY SAFE.
(pronounced stat-you-luss)

For Crossfitters:
- Quickly enter your time and notes for a Crossfit named workout
- Quickly enter your time and notes for a custom workout
- Track your daily nutrition (simple, journal style)
- Track other activities like 1-rep max's, running times for various distances, body weight
- See your progress visually with graphs of each of your workout categories and activities

Share with others:
- Connect with friends on statulo.us to share your workout logs and graphs with each other
- Share your entire workout log or a single workout with private links
- Share your graphs with private links
- View your workout log via RSS

For Affiliates:
- Set up your affiliate on statulo.us! This gets you:
- A workout log that aggregates everyone's stats in one place
- A simple statulo.us web page for your gym to display basic info and your WOD via RSS
- Connect with your clients on statulo.us to check in on their progress before class!

I'm enhancing the application regularly and would love your feedback to continue to evolve this great tool. The feedback I've received from our 100+ members has already greatly improved the app, and it can only get better from here.

Feel free to contact me with any questions, or to have your affiliate set up for free:
brian@statulo.us

b

Michael Olivia 11-29-2008 10:12 PM

Re: statulo.us - a free crossfit tracker for your affiliate

Thank you for this tool!
I was looking for something like this
Extremely valuable!

Michael-

Carter Jee 11-29-2008 11:06 PM

hi brian!!!

love using your tool..... it's so simple to use and I like the graphs...

thanks for developing the tool and making it available!!

carter
:notworth:

Brian Doll 11-30-2008 11:04 PM

Sorry Lynne, yes the links are indeed work and family safe.

Joe C Thomas 05-04-2010 01:41 PM

I was just curious if it's possible to compare my stats with either an average or other users on the site. Like if the database collects the times on named WODs and then breaks it down by age/sex so the user could compare it to everyone else on the site. I think that would be an awesome tool to gage and compete. For someone like me that does the WODs on their own it would be an invaluable resource. Awesome site though!

James Orr 05-05-2010 09:38 AM

Brian, this is awesome!

I agree that it'd be great to compare my stats to an average, but I don't know how you'd go about developing that.

I tried to leave some feedback in the feedback forum, but my browser here at work is so finicky that I'm having a lot of trouble loading the page. The formatting of the log page is a bit chaotic and cluttered. I'd love it if the log page was instead formatted like this (text colors included):

Crossfit: Helen on 5/4/2010
Time: 14:55
  • 400m run
  • 1.5 pood KB Swing, 21 reps
  • 12 pull ups
Comments:
New personal record!

Custom Workout on 5/3/2010

Comments:
Push-press: 3 sets of 7 @ 135 lbs.

I don't need some of the headings. I don't need, "JamesO's Stats". I can tell what the page is from the content, and it clutters it for me. I don't need to see, "Record your time in minutes" just above the time. Instead of saying "Custom Entry" for custom workouts, I'd prefer it to say, "Custom Workout". I also think it would be great if each stat had a highlighted background with alternating colors for quick scrolling.

This is such a great app! Thank you for all the time you've put into developing it! If you were to charge a few dollars per month for the service, I would pay.