CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   In Search of CrossFitters (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Crossfitters in Fort Hood, TX area? (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=25683)

Alejandro Martinez 01-05-2008 07:00 PM

Crossfitters in Fort Hood, TX area?

I'm back in the great place, but I'm looking to connect with anyone out there who is crossfitting in the killeen/ft. hood area. My schedule is pretty busy during the week, so I do it at night, but I am free on saturdays and sunday afternoons. If there are any crossfitters in the area, I'd like to get in touch!

SGT Martinez
B Co 4-4 ARB

Carlos Cristan 01-05-2008 08:59 PM

Re: Crossfitters in Fort Hood, TX area?

I crossfit out of my garage, and have been looking for some workout partners as well, maybe get a group thing going. If you'd like to do a WOD sometime let me know. I have a power rack 2 oly bars, 600# of weights, dumbbells up to 50#, flat bench, 1 jump rope, just got rings, a 45 degree hyperext I use to sub for GHD. I measured a 5k, 400m and 800m run routes. I want to build paralletes, a jungle/climbing gym type thing that we can do pullups, dips, hang rings and climbing rope from. It's a standing offer so let me know, anytime.

Eddie Laubengeyer 01-11-2008 10:17 AM

Its nice to finally know that there are some crossfitters here at Hood
So, far I only ran into 2 a Burba gym.

SrA Laubengeyer USAF 9ASOS ROMAD

Carlos Cristan 03-01-2008 08:27 AM

Reviving a little bit of an old thread here, but Carlos's Crossfit Friendly Garage Gym (as I like to call it, I am not an affiliate) is getting better every day. I have recently added a second set of rings, 1 each of a 1 pood and 1.5 pood kettlebells, a Model C Concept II rower, and built a freestanding Pullup station / Ring apparatus. Dynamax balls, plyoboxes, parallettes, maybe a Pendlay's Crossfit Men's or Women's Olympic Bar and some bumpers are soon to follow. Alex, the originator of this thread is a regular participant and we've recently added Angela to the group. All three of us are part of units with pending deployments. If your in a similar situation or just want to get some workouts in drop me a line. All are welcome. Use of my equipment is free, and you work your own program as you see fit. The three of us work off of the main page. Evenings M-F are the best time for me and almost anytime on Weekends. So if you Crossfit but lack alot of the equipment or just want someone or someplace to do the WOD hit me up. The only thing I get out of it is an opportunity to meet and work with other Crossfitters.

Grace Patenaude 03-01-2008 12:48 PM

Carlos,

Your Crossfitter group is growing. Awesome, dude!

Carlos Cristan 03-04-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grace Patenaude (Post 266376)
Carlos,

Your Crossfitter group is growing. Awesome, dude!

Grace,
Just went from 3 to 5 in the last couple of days. The garage is filling up so quick. I come straight home from work, change, and hold workouts. 3 of us did Filthy Fifty tonight. I had equipment all over the driveway and in the garage. My neighbors think I'm crazy I think with all the comings and goings and the moderately loud music. No complaints so far. Some sit on their porches and try to figure out what the heck were doing.

Grace Patenaude 03-04-2008 08:52 PM

Carrrrlos! WOW! So, you gonna put up an XFit sign over your garage now! You da man!
:pepper:

James Holloway 03-09-2008 01:11 PM

I'm another CrossFitter in the area, and I think I might check out what you've got going on (I think I even bumped into SGT Martinez once). During the week I tend to be pretty busy and I try to get out a lot on the weekends, but I'd definitely like to drop by when I can.

Carlos Cristan 03-09-2008 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Holloway (Post 270703)
I'm another CrossFitter in the area, and I think I might check out what you've got going on (I think I even bumped into SGT Martinez once). During the week I tend to be pretty busy and I try to get out a lot on the weekends, but I'd definitely like to drop by when I can.

Sure, just let me know. Martinez is here right now knocking out Lynne, and says he thinks he remembers bumping into you in one of the gyms. We usually hit it in the evenings. Anytime on weekends is good but we still often end up doing it at night too on Saturday and Sunday. Your always welcome

James Holloway 03-11-2008 07:49 PM

Grace, I was just at the CrossFit Central website and I wanted to say congratulations on being the women's first place overall winner. That's amazing! I see you've changed your profile pic to show this.