CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Scott Jenkins 10-29-2010 04:22 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;861184]I used usatf.com

And low and behold it was 5and 1/2 K so I run 1/2 a K to much. I'm happy with that.[/QUOTE]

Better to go further and realise you was faster than you thought.

Mobility WOD is finally up, the guy in the video Jani is a friend of mine, we tied for 4th place in the 2009 European regional, the first ever regional where we were up against Mikko, he won of course.

Nik Nichols 10-29-2010 06:41 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;861400]Better to go further and realise you was faster than you thought.

Mobility WOD is finally up, the guy in the video Jani is a friend of mine, we tied for 4th place in the 2009 European regional, the first ever regional where we were up against Mikko, he won of course.[/QUOTE]

I started to watch the mobility workout yesterday and got interupted, I'll watch it here in a second. Really I missed a couple of videos the last two days from the mainpage I'm catching up on now. I have been watching the throw down comp, it looks like it would be fun.

Yea real glad on the run yesterday, I don't know what my 5k time is but it is way better then 30min and the last time I ran it was in28min so it was better then that and that is good.

Scott Jenkins 10-29-2010 06:45 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;861430]I started to watch the mobility workout yesterday and got interupted, I'll watch it here in a second. Really I missed a couple of videos the last two days from the mainpage I'm catching up on now. I have been watching the throw down comp, it looks like it would be fun.

Yea real glad on the run yesterday, I don't know what my 5k time is but it is way better then 30min and the last time I ran it was in28min so it was better then that and that is good.[/QUOTE]

That throwdown comp is great watching, today's hill run is really good, reckon I could definately get amongst them on that one, trick would be to get ahead at the start.

Reckon with a straight 5k you will be around 25 miniutes now Nik with that time, just got to thrown a bit of extra hard running in now and again.

Nik Nichols 10-29-2010 06:53 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;861434]That throwdown comp is great watching, today's hill run is really good, reckon I could definately get amongst them on that one, trick would be to get ahead at the start.

Reckon with a straight 5k you will be around 25 miniutes now Nik with that time, just got to thrown a bit of extra hard running in now and again.[/QUOTE]

Yea I have little course that I will mesure, it is a good little run and I have a little workout with it where I do 25DU's and run to the turn arround 50DU's run back 25DU's so I'm working two weakness at a time.

What do you think of todays workout?

Scott Jenkins 10-29-2010 06:58 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;861439]Yea I have little course that I will mesure, it is a good little run and I have a little workout with it where I do 25DU's and run to the turn arround 50DU's run back 25DU's so I'm working two weakness at a time.

What do you think of todays workout?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good course, a lot like something I do with the running and double unders. Jay has some great points on Ernie's log about there being a lack of running lately on main page and how running mixed with other exercises is not the same as all out efforts at set distances.

Im not a big fan of todays kind of workout, GHD's and back extensions in a timed format are not my thing. I will probably re-programme it to meet more of my goals tomorrow.

Nik Nichols 10-29-2010 08:40 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;861445]Sounds like a good course, a lot like something I do with the running and double unders. Jay has some great points on Ernie's log about there being a lack of running lately on main page and how running mixed with other exercises is not the same as all out efforts at set distances.

Im not a big fan of todays kind of workout, GHD's and back extensions in a timed format are not my thing. I will probably re-programme it to meet more of my goals tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Ah man. Now I don't want to do it either!JK I think I will burnout on the GHD's Vack ext will be ok I think, But that many GHDs I will hit fatigue.

I want to hit HSPU's again today, that and press and heavy back squat, and DU's. I have alot I want to do today. I hope to get it all in.

On the running. Do you thing Jay ment to just run distance? Not mix?

Nik Nichols 10-29-2010 08:41 AM

10:00 break

Just some streching to loosten up my legs from yesterday and get them ready for today.

Scott Jenkins 10-29-2010 08:51 AM

Jay meant do more of the straight 5k runs or the 4 x 400m runs with the 2 minute rests inbetween. When you hit runs combined with weight lifting you tend to game the run and not really test yourself over the distance.

Also Jay changed todays metcon to a 12 minute amrap and hit some heavy lifting beforehand as 150 or so GHD's is going to hurt for days afterwards.

Nik Nichols 10-29-2010 09:06 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;861514]Jay meant do more of the straight 5k runs or the 4 x 400m runs with the 2 minute rests inbetween. When you hit runs combined with weight lifting you tend to game the run and not really test yourself over the distance.

Also Jay changed todays metcon to a 12 minute amrap and hit some heavy lifting beforehand as 150 or so GHD's is going to hurt for days afterwards.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to hit the running then. I see what you mean about gaming the run though.

My little route is 220m one way. So I'd do 25DUs 220 run 50DU's 220run25DUs.

Scott Jenkins 10-29-2010 09:19 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;861518]I'll have to hit the running then. I see what you mean about gaming the run though.

My little route is 220m one way. So I'd do 25DUs 220 run 50DU's 220run25DUs.[/QUOTE]

Your workout has its place also Nik, variety and change is the way to go. Im just going to try and hit running specific once a week.