CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Chuck's Log: Forging Elite Vomiting (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=35591)

Charles Bennington 08-09-2008 08:28 PM

Chuck's Log: Forging Elite Vomiting

Well I guess I'll throw out my workout log for everyone to tear apart.

Today:
3 Rounds as fast as possible:
20 KB Swings 1 Pood
40 Ax Swings on the log
40 Sledge Swings on the tire

Followed By:
1 trip across the yard with each
Tire Flip
Heavy *** Rock Carry
50 lb Sandbag OH Carry
Jump Squats
Crawl/Renegade Row Thing w/ 40 lb Dumbells
Tire Pull w/ Rope

Probably would have gone longer, but I dragged 2 noobs into the suck fest with me.

Today I ate chicken, cod, cauliflower, cabbage, carrots, broccoli, tomato, peppers, mushrooms, and some cheese.

Charles Bennington 08-10-2008 01:43 PM

Re: Chuck's Log: Forging Elite Vomiting

Well today was:
Five rounds for time of:
155 pound Hang squat clean, 9 reps
15 ft Rope climb, legless, 3 ascents

29:20

Squat cleans were great. The rest however, was not. My grip/forearms were so done from yesterday that the rope climbs went something like-

Rope Climb>Dead Hang Rope Pull Ups>Kipping Rope Pull Ups>Dead Hang Ring Pull Ups>Kipping Ring Pull Ups>Kipping Bar Pull Ups

I would say that probably 22 of the 29 minutes went toward doing some kind of pull up/climb "thing." I'm actually having trouble typing this right now.

Vanessa Sisson 08-10-2008 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Bennington (Post 372038)
Well today was:
Five rounds for time of:
155 pound Hang squat clean, 9 reps
15 ft Rope climb, legless, 3 ascents

29:20

Squat cleans were great. The rest however, was not. My grip/forearms were so done from yesterday that the rope climbs went something like-

Rope Climb>Dead Hang Rope Pull Ups>Kipping Rope Pull Ups>Dead Hang Ring Pull Ups>Kipping Ring Pull Ups>Kipping Bar Pull Ups

I would say that probably 22 of the 29 minutes went toward doing some kind of pull up/climb "thing." I'm actually having trouble typing this right now.

Good job on just finishing that workout no matter what kind of pullups you did.

By the way, that's a lovely top you have on in your avatar.

Justin McGinley 08-10-2008 02:51 PM

Rope climbs murder the grip. I don't think that this was an easy workout for anyone.

Charles Bennington 08-10-2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa Pierce (Post 372039)
By the way, that's a lovely top you have on in your avatar.

Why thank you:p

Charles Bennington 08-10-2008 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin McGinley (Post 372063)
Rope climbs murder the grip. I don't think that this was an easy workout for anyone.

Yeah I was using 3/4 inch manilla doubled twice...doubled suck. I'll get some pics of my home Crossfit set-up on here in the next couple days.

Christin Street 08-10-2008 06:02 PM

Thanks for the post on my log tonight, Chuck! I'll be trying the tire flips soon. Love the avatar!;) Very cute.

Charles Bennington 08-10-2008 07:12 PM

Food today: Chicken, carrots, broccoli, shrimp, cauliflower, almonds, EVOO, some cheese, tomatoes, red pepper, and water chestnuts.

Spent the morning with a little nausea, pretty sure it's just my body getting used to the absence of sugar/grain/booze/cigarettes...damn it's been a rough several days.

"I picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue."

Charles Bennington 08-11-2008 04:20 AM

Today's mainsite WOD looks killer. I'm already trying to talk myself into doing it, but I really do need the rest day.

I did Saturday's WOD yesterday, a random asskicker metcon Saturday, and a heavy lift day on Friday (Front Squats, OHP, Rows, Pull ups.)

If I feel really, really, really good after work- I'm going for it. Otherwise I'm getting a little bit of active rest, before my arms break.

Charles Bennington 08-11-2008 03:15 PM

Chopped wood for a bit, pretty sure that I'm taking a night off. Legs are pretty sore. Feeling pretty mentally clear and energy seems to be up.