CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 12-17-2010 02:27 PM

Re: Nik

3:00 break

I was going to do a metcon but Brady wanted to do pullups so..

for me 2reps every 30 seconds deadhang chest to bar letting go with one hand anfd regrab the bar for second rep.

I had a bar on the squat rack and inbetween round I would get a snach grip and jump and PULL myself under the bar to work on the PULLING down part and being fast in the middle. It felt pretty cool .

Nik Nichols 12-18-2010 07:31 AM

Saturday 101218
Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
5 Chest to bar Pull-ups
10 Ring Dips
95 pound Overhead squat, 15 reps

7 rounds 5 pullups

That5 was hard. Dips were hardest
OHS's all unbroken but the first round.

I'm honestly glad to have just completed it. It is to early for me and I havent eaten or drank but one bottle of water. Stomach is in bits.

Shannon Mullens 12-18-2010 02:06 PM

Do you EVER take a day off? Wow. Nice job on your workout!

Scott Jenkins 12-18-2010 03:37 PM

Great work on that wod Nik, I will be hitting it up in the morning, hungover today badly.

Nik Nichols 12-18-2010 05:37 PM

[QUOTE=Shannon Mullens;881018]Do you EVER take a day off? Wow. Nice job on your workout![/QUOTE]
hahaha Wondering that myself. After coming off my strenth program, my schedual is all off.

That and the fact that next week I'm off Wednessday on till Monday and Christmass. It will be hard to get training done.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;881046]Great work on that wod Nik, I will be hitting it up in the morning, hungover today badly.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott. I was not ready for it. Early morning and just gotten up I was breathing real hard and heart was pounding. But I'm happy with it.

I ended up with my hand on my knees a few times getting breath on it, so I was breaking inbetween exercizes a bit more then I'd have liked.

I figured you would have killed my 7sets hung over! You must have done a number on yourself last night!! Fallling out a window and such!!:rofl:

Scott Jenkins 12-19-2010 03:47 AM

Dont think I would of beaten anyone yesterday Nik, I slept most of the day on the sofa, not been that mashed from drink in a long time, we done a whip round and Keir kept appearing with these drinks called Yega Bombs which are yeta and red bull. Off to sweat it out now with some 20 min amrap fun.

Nik Nichols 12-20-2010 06:13 AM

Well I didn't get a chance to do nutts yesterday. Today looks like a strenth day. I'm not to gone on the idea of heavy squats, but we will see how it goes. Last time I back squated it didn't go well.

Scott Jenkins 12-20-2010 06:52 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;881455]Well I didn't get a chance to do nutts yesterday. Today looks like a strenth day. I'm not to gone on the idea of heavy squats, but we will see how it goes. Last time I back squated it didn't go well.[/QUOTE]

Just build up slowly and keep the form tight, not perfect back squatting after all those OHS.

Nik Nichols 12-20-2010 07:31 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;881468]Just build up slowly and keep the form tight, not perfect back squatting after all those OHS.[/QUOTE]

Done. I'll tell you my chest is really sore(again I tell you) getting the bar on my back and spreading my arms out put a strech on my chest and I felt the amrap. I feel it right ''inbetween'' my pec and shoulder, kind of where they join or meet.

I didn't push real heavy, I decided on 225lbs. but I did 235lbs 106.5k. I could have done more but stuck with the weight.

Nik Nichols 12-20-2010 07:36 AM

A.M. warm up
30 GHD's
30 Back ext
30 abmattsitups 25lbs plate over head
30 pushups(20/10) feeling the amrap workout saturday

Monday 101220
Back Squat 3-3-3-3-3 reps

235lbs 3x5

Then
30 reps reverse hypers no weight.

I havent squated in over a month except Friday which didn't feel good and I only went up to 205lbs.
I decided to only do 225 across, but it felt really good and went with 235lbs.

My form was rusty even through the warm up. It took till the 4th round that it felt right and I got my ques down and felt strong. I was going to add weight but I told myself at the begining I wasn't going to be greedy. So I stuck with the weight.

It felt good to get under the bar.