CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 03-03-2009 12:40 PM

Re: Nik

"Barbara"

Five rounds, each for time of:
20 Pull-ups
30 Push-ups
40 Sit-ups
50 Squats

1. 3:05
2. 3:28
3. 4:24
4. 6:10
5. 5:37

pullups in round 1,2,3 unbroken.

I don't care, I have a head ache, I want to throw up. That was really really tough!!!! Really rough!! I'm sick!!!

Scott Jenkins 03-03-2009 01:04 PM

Thats just crazy Nik, you getting the headache and sick feeling also, that Barbara has a way of hurting the system different from any other WOD. Well done for getting through it also as many give up before round 4 or 5. Surprising how much the sit ups hurt as you have to hold your breath to keep the lower back tight and you just need oxygen like mad.

You are still the C2B pull up king. :highfive:

Nick Harris 03-03-2009 01:14 PM

Heck of a job brother! Way to push through it to the end. I'll be knocking this out in a few days, yikes!

Nik Nichols 03-03-2009 02:10 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;531728]Thats just crazy Nik, you getting the headache and sick feeling also, that Barbara has a way of hurting the system different from any other WOD. Well done for getting through it also as many give up before round 4 or 5. Surprising how much the sit ups hurt as you have to hold your breath to keep the lower back tight and you just need oxygen like mad.

You are still the C2B pull up king. :highfive:[/QUOTE]

Man that was a killer!! The situps were dreadfull!! I was dizzy from them!!

I couldnt figure it out, I was telling myself I can do 40 situps with 40lbs, I was struggeling for them!!
I though I was going to throw up on round 4.

Those 3min's were rough, to much time to think!! I had to keep myself positive during the breaks. I wouldn't even sit.

[QUOTE=Nick Harris;531739]Heck of a job brother! Way to push through it to the end. I'll be knocking this out in a few days, yikes![/QUOTE]

Good luck Nick it was tough!!

Nik Nichols 03-04-2009 09:34 AM

10:00 break, I was just talking to one a couple of the guys and we were talking at the rack.
So I did 5 reps 95lbs push press
10 reps front squats 95lbs
2sets 5 cleans 95lbs.

Nick Harris 03-04-2009 11:20 AM

Very nice, funny how us CrossFitters see a "break." I am the same way, always trying to find ways and times to do something extra and beyond! Always pushing ourselves! Way to go man.

Nik Nichols 03-04-2009 11:40 AM

[QUOTE=Nick Harris;532667]Very nice, funny how us CrossFitters see a "break." I am the same way, always trying to find ways and times to do something extra and beyond! Always pushing ourselves! Way to go man.[/QUOTE]

Aint it the truth!!

Nik Nichols 03-04-2009 11:46 AM

Lunck time buzz.

Well i didn't plan on doing anything, but I stopped on Jenna Rettenmayer's log and saw hwhat a great job she did snaching (110lbs I believe)

and went back to try my hand. I havn't done them but maybe once. I like the squat cleans and the jerks, but havent snached much.

I did 10 reps of 85lbs just to try it out. Man what a skill it is. I sucked at it bad, I was all over the place, dropping the bar, not getting low. I was also in jeans:rofl:

But I like it. Thanks Jenna!!

Richard Macaulay 03-04-2009 01:46 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;532691]Lunck time buzz.

Well i didn't plan on doing anything, but I stopped on Jenna Rettenmayer's log and saw hwhat a great job she did snaching (110lbs I believe)

and went back to try my hand. I havn't done them but maybe once. I like the squat cleans and the jerks, but havent snached much.

I did 10 reps of 85lbs just to try it out. Man what a skill it is. I sucked at it bad, I was all over the place, dropping the bar, not getting low. I was also in jeans:rofl:

But I like it. Thanks Jenna!![/QUOTE]

Its the dropping yourself down into squat that takes balls. Once ur comftorble doing that its not so bad.

Ricky

Nik Nichols 03-04-2009 04:33 PM

[QUOTE=Richard Macaulay;532853]Its the dropping yourself down into squat that takes balls. Once ur comftorble doing that its not so bad.

Ricky[/QUOTE]

I see what you mean, I haven't done burt 1 or 2 befor today, so it is all new to me. I see what you mean about shoving your self unse it, kind of like a squat clean. Looks like I have more fun to try!!

Check out Jenna's vid of her doing 120 was it? Awesome form!!