CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Nutrition (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Breakfast- High Fat or High Carb (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=83172)

Marcus Diaz 07-17-2013 07:58 PM

Breakfast- High Fat or High Carb

Typically have a high-protein, higher fat breakfast but I always end up questioning my nutrition.

Jeff Enge 07-17-2013 08:09 PM

Re: Breakfast- High Fat or High Carb

Why can't it just be balanced?

Jo Hsu 07-17-2013 08:10 PM

I question my nutrition a lot too, but what's been working for me lately is figuring it out not by "time-of-day," but by "time-in-relation-to-workout." I focus my carbs around my workout-- pre, during, and post. So if I have a morning workout, I'll consciously add more carbs to my breakfast, otherwise it's more fat and protein focused. At least, that's what works for me :)

jeramy park 07-18-2013 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Diaz (Post 1179431)
Typically have a high-protein, higher fat breakfast but I always end up questioning my nutrition.

Does the timing of nutrient intake matter to you?

Travis Wright 07-18-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Depends: Do you have a specific physique/performance goal?

There are quite a few solid diet plans, but each is oriented toward a certain outcome/goal.

Marcus Diaz 07-18-2013 02:18 PM

Till I go back to school, I wouldn't mind lowering my bodyfat to about 10% (im around 12%).

As far as nutrient timing goes, I feel that centering my carbs around my workout is more ideal. I workout 530pm

Jason Bekolay 07-18-2013 02:22 PM

I like my breakfast to be high in food.

Frank E Morel 07-19-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo Hsu (Post 1179435)
I question my nutrition a lot too, but what's been working for me lately is figuring it out not by "time-of-day," but by "time-in-relation-to-workout." I focus my carbs around my workout-- pre, during, and post. So if I have a morning workout, I'll consciously add more carbs to my breakfast, otherwise it's more fat and protein focused. At least, that's what works for me :)

+2. Here

Andrew N. Casey 07-20-2013 01:27 PM

well it depends... what do you weigh? how much do you lift? how fast can you run? what are your goals? what is your current diet? what is your current training program?

Bill Walker 12-02-2013 12:49 PM

For those of you who prefer a High Fat/Low Carb Breakfast, how you do you feel in terms of energy? How long did it take you to adjust? Is your energy better? I want to experiment relying on carbs before and after the workouts (majority from starchy carbs like sweet potatoes) with more so fats for the other meals. Carb wise, I'd have a breakfast with around 40 grams (oats/potatoes).

Did you burn fat faster, how was your strength, etc?

Thanks.