CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Nutrition (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Cfcc Bccc 2010 (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=60148)

Anthony Kasandrinos 07-31-2010 06:42 AM

CFCC BCCC Tony Kas

For non Crossfit Center City people who read this blog, our affiliate lead By Erin and Greg are having a BCCC........this is what we are doing from August 8th to September 8th or 9th.

http://crossfitcc.com/2010/07/28/cro...fcc-bccc-2010/YOU MUST ANNOTATE ALL LINKS WHETHER WORK AND FAMILY SAFE.

Ok, I know I am early but I am starting this thing on August 1st, so I will be a week ahead (the first week is a practice week), but that only hurts my chances because I should drop a pound or two this week. This will be my food log. I am not going to worry about counting my fats,carbs and Protein for the first week which starts on Sunday August 1st.

Once August 8th hit's I will be following my number's that I compute following Gregs write up. http://crossfitcc.com/2010/04/28/get...or-the-cfccer/YOU MUST ANNOTATE ALL LINKS WHETHER WORK AND FAMILY SAFE. After discussing with him my goals I will come up with what my numbers should be. Things that I will cut out for the month are bread and beer/wine:shrug: I don't drink a lot and Alana doesn't drink at all so I figure I can go without a beer here and there this month. I am also cutting out Burgers for the month just for the hell of it :eek: I have to try and break the addiction!!!!!!

I plan on adding 3 days a week of running to my normal routine of 5 days of Crossfit, 2 days of gymnastics and what will now be 2 to 3 days of Oly lifting. I also plan on working on gymnastics on my own 4 to 5 days a week to get better and hand stands, muscle ups flexability and a lot of bodyweight stuff.

I know some will say this is overdoing it with the training.........but I think back to double sessions in football.....or 13 years ago bootcamp:confused: (wow I am getting old).....or my friends who are on the other side of the world doing a lot harder things physically carrying around 50 to 100lbs while being shot at and worrying about getting killed 24/7 ...........I should be able to deal with a little extra training. (and a lot of them are doing CF when not working)

This whole thing is timed perfect since I have the entire entire month off. I want to basically devote the month to training and moving into a higher level fitness. I really feel that the 25 lbs or so of fat I have on my body is restricting me a lot during metcons and in other areas of fitness. I think over the last 6 months I have built a pretty good foundation. I have only lost 5 lbs but have also lost 4-5 BF %....I am still hiting PR's every week so I am getting stronger but I am still far from where I want to be and I think this extra weight is the #1 issue. .....not good weight

I am a very goal oriented person so I am going to set some personal goals related to fitness this month.

Right now I am between 169 and 171 with a bodyfat of right around 15% according to the Marine Corps Body fat chart. My waist is 32. and I am 5'6.

By Sept 8th I want to be between 158 and 160.
Increase flexibility everywhere but really in the hips, shoulders and back
Get really good at hand stands
build up my endurance
Waist to 30 inches
Read the Old test.
Read starting strength
Read the Paleo diet
Learn as much as I can about nutrition, Oly Lifting and Crossfit in General
did I mention I hate to read???????

Thats it, please feel free to comment whenever and give me input on the nutrition, I am willing to adgust fire anytime with what people say, if Greg or Erin agree

Big thank you to Greg and Erin for doing this :thanx:
Great idea, I think it is going to be a lot of fun.......can't wait to see everyones before and after pics.....hopefully people will show them

Any Philly or NJ peeps who are reading this who want to run with me, please feel free to contact me. If you are fast or slow I will run with you, I don't care. I have ran 7 marathons and a bunch of 1/2's so I know a little bit about running.......I will be doing much shorter distances and a lot of hill work, speed work, fun runs (stopping and doing burpees, push ups, squats......) and one day a week will be a 5K for time.

Ok...enough writing for me.......one rule on my BLOG:stir:.....no correcting my spelling or grammar.....I know I know it sucks, deal with it. I didn't pay attention in english because it was boring to me and I went to the Marine Corps right out of high school and all my military edjumacation deals with math (I am an avionics tech by trade), leadership, sales (I am a recruiter now) and learning new ways to kill people.

Erin Davidson 08-01-2010 10:55 AM

Cfcc Bccc 2010

This is it, folks!

We want to put this YOU MUST ANNOTATE ALL LINKS WHETHER WORK AND FAMILY SAFE.out there for everyone to see! CrossFit Center CityiYOU MUST ANNOTATE ALL LINKS WHETHER WORK AND FAMILY SAFE.s doing a "before and after" photo style body composition challenge. We're excited to test our theories and even more excited to use this challenge to make some solid performance gains.

All of our participants will be posting their daily meals here and any other questions they have regarding this challenge. Please be polite, folks, if you are commenting. This is a thread full of REAL people trying to learn REAL things... one day at a time. They love CrossFit and want to be better. Help them! Don't hurt them!

Thanks...

AND NOW... let the games begin! :D

e.

Yahya Kohgadai 08-01-2010 11:46 AM

Re: CFCC BCCC Tony Kas

oh, so each one of you is having their own thread? ok.. that makes sense now..

well, best of luck to you!

Anthony Kasandrinos 08-01-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yahya Kohgadai (Post 820090)
oh, so each one of you is having their own thread? ok.. that makes sense now..

well, best of luck to you!

Yahya,

Thank you, My mistake....we are actually all posting to the SAME thread which will be here.

http://board.crossfit.com/showthread...062#post820062

We are starting August 8th but I will also post here because I am starting a week early and plan on logging what I eat after this to see if I should tweek certain things depending on where my goals lead.

Lynne Pitts 08-01-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony Kasandrinos (Post 820130)
Yahya,

Thank you, My mistake....we are actually all posting to the SAME thread which will be here.

http://board.crossfit.com/showthread...062#post820062

We are starting August 8th but I will also post here because I am starting a week early and plan on logging what I eat after this to see if I should tweek certain things depending on where my goals lead.

This thread and that one merged... one's enough!

Caitlin Slattery 08-02-2010 07:43 AM

Re: Cfcc Bccc 2010

Kick off

So I have this all in one place:

Height: 67"
Weight: 148 lbs
Waist: 28 1/4"
Arm FL: 11"
Arm RL: 10"

Estimated BF: 23%
Estimated LBM: 114 lbs

Desired Intake
PRO: 114g
CHO: 160-185g
FAT: 95g

PRE workout: 50g CHO, 20g PRO
POST workout: 10g PRO

I will be focusing on muscle gain as opposed to fat loss, although I do expect to lose some fat as well. I am doing this for a couple of reasons. 1) I am significantly more concerned with gaining muscle and getting stronger than losing fat. 2) I am naturally a pretty lean person. 3) I work and work out a lot. My days are long and active. I did not come to this decision alone, but with the advice of Erin and Greg given the above facts

In addition to focusing on my caloric intake, and my PRE/PERI/POST nutrition, I will be cleaning up my diet. In particular I will be avoiding dairy, grains, sugar, alcohol. This should help me lean, but more importantly I am hoping with improve my performance. When I eat well (and avoid these things) my body is more on point and my asthma becomes irrelevant.

The competition officially starts August 9th. Because measuring food is new to me, I will be posting my meals for the next week in order to work out any tweaks before the games begin.

Erin Davidson 08-02-2010 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynne Pitts (Post 820160)
This thread and that one merged... one's enough!

Hi there, Lynne - Sorry for the confusion but the earlier thread was actually meant to be Tony's workout log. This thread is meant to be for all of our participants if that's ok with you guys. They're all fairly new to the CrossFit Boards so they'll make a few mistakes - like the links above - sorry about that. I made the same mistake as it's been a while since I've posted consistently anywhere else BUT my workout log.

If you have any problems please feel free to contact us personally as well (crossfitcc@gmail.com)

Thanks!

Jack R Herrmann 08-02-2010 01:21 PM

Heyooooooooo

Breakfast: 2.5 scrambled eggs cooked in olive oil with some red pepper strips and 4 oz of organic OJ

Lunch: Panera Bread Strawberry poppyseed salad with chicken

Snack: Large Beef Paleokit (bomb)
Dinner: Asparagus cooked in olive oil and free range chicken patty

I forgot to write down my measurements from yesterday but I weighed 200 on the scale at the gym (although my scale shows 196)

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 200
I'll add measurements and further breakdown tonight.

Anthony Kasandrinos 08-02-2010 05:40 PM

Monday 8/2

Pre workout Oats and Whey w/ water
Post workout Gold Standard w/ water

Meal 1:
2 eggs
Salmon
Banana

Drink:
16 once coffee

Snack :
7 Brazil nuts

Meal 2:
Chicken Breast
Yams
Broccoli

Snack:
20 plaintain chips

Snack:
1 cup Blue Berries

Dinner:
Tomtatos
Cucumber
Chicken Breast
Olive oil
Carlsons fish oil

Snack:
20 plantain chips

Final numbers
Calories:2,135
Fat 86.0
Carbs 172.7
Protein 172.2

GOAL
Calories:1935
Fat 75
Carbs 170
Protein 145

0700 Metcon
8:00PM 3 mile run

Ok, first day went great.......I think I hit it pretty good except I ate too much chicken at lunch. I had a breast that was .44lbs........didn't realize how much protein was in there. The one tweek I am going to make to this is in my pre workout. I think instead of mixing oats and whey with water, I am going to use coconut water. It will get me to 35 grams for the carbs. I didn't drink anything but water all day, but don't really plan on drinking anything but water and a little coffee.

Mike Protevi 08-02-2010 09:12 PM

PROTEVI - Stats and Goal for CFCC BCCC

8/2/10 - current
Weight: 182 lbs.
Waist at navel: 37.75
Bicep Flexed: 16.5
Bicep Relaxed: 15

Lean body mass: 151lbs (est. @17% body fat)

9/9/10 - goal
Weight: 168 lbs
Lean body mass: 151lbs (goal @10% body fat)