CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Testimonials (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Before & After pics - 5 months of CrossFit (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=32950)

Jennie Yundt 06-10-2008 01:08 PM

Before & After pics - 5 months of CrossFit

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone!

My first experience with CrossFit was January 12th of this year.....AT THE LEVEL 1 CERTIFICATION! I kind of jumped into it head first. I knew I needed to make a change for myself, and CrossFit seemed awesome. Plus, my boyfriend was going, and I couldn't let him have all the fun without me, right?!

Little did I know that CrossFit would change my life! On January 12th, I could jog about 100 meters before feeling like I was going to die, and I couldn't even do a single pull up. It was embarassing! I quickly learned how wonderful and supportive the CrossFit family is.

Today, I find myself signing up for 5K juns, and my PR for pull ups is 15. 15 BIG ONES BABY! I wanted to share my before and after pictures (even though they're embarassing) to hopefully motivate and inspire other people to give this program a try. Look what I accomplished in 5 months! Imagine where I'll be after a year! Imagine where YOU could be after 5 months!

Anyone can do this, you just got to believe!

Casey Raiford 06-10-2008 01:15 PM

Re: Before & After pics - 5 months of CrossFit

I seriously doubt that five YEARS of Crossfit would make me look like that in a bikini. Nice work!

Dave Parmly 06-10-2008 01:49 PM

Great job. I discovered the outline of my lower mandible over the past 8 weeks too!

Your posture looks a ton better as well...must be firing those flexors!

Geoff Sallee 06-10-2008 01:55 PM

Another benefit: Crossfit makes you tan! :rofl:

Seriously, that's an amazing change. I myself am down about 15 pounds since January, and it feels great. Keep up the good work.

Jennie Yundt 06-10-2008 01:57 PM

"Your posture looks a ton better as well...must be firing those flexors!"

You're definitely right about the posture! I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out, but I was a total sloucher. My flexors didn't even EXIST in January.

I laughed when a friend pointed out how clichet my after pictures are. I really didn't go tanning on purpose! We just got back from vacation! :) I suppose I could have put on some makeup before taking the pictures! Sheesh.

Sean Dunston 06-10-2008 02:09 PM

Awesome work!

Those are serious results and very quick!

:highfive:

Michael Blazek 06-10-2008 02:39 PM

Great Work!

Nick Hanson 06-10-2008 04:29 PM

If any woman ever tells me they are worried about getting big from lifting or doing crossfit. I am going to show them your pics.

Dave Parmly 06-10-2008 05:30 PM

Jennifer, IMHAWIO the posture improvement is one of the most important changes. We strive for great form when performing a lift/movement, but our posture IS OUR FORM for the rest of our waking moments. One benefits the other...

I have been doing some research into the psoas and the associated muscles of the hips...neglected by most but oh, so vital to so many "hidden" aspects of our physique. Your exterior improvement is really just a side benefit! But it does feel good, doesn't it?

Stay at it!

Camille Lore 06-10-2008 05:43 PM

That's incredible! Thanks for posting it.
How did you eat for the 5 months?
(I'm about 4 months in!)