CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Testimonials (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Before and After Pics- 12 weeks of CF, 24 weeks of eating clean (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=34347)

Quinn McCutchen 07-13-2008 06:12 PM

Before and After Pics- 12 weeks of CF, 24 weeks of eating clean

1 Attachment(s)
First, CF, crossfitters, and this online community are amazing- I've never been so inspired, THANK YOU!!!! My GF and I have been crossfitting for 12 weeks and the progress has been amazing!!

The first 2 pics are from January after following a bodybuilding workout called DC training and a horrendous "bulking up" diet that obviously did not work in the way it was intended.

The second 2 pics are from April 12 weeks after changing to a "clean" diet and adding cardio to the DC training.

The last 2 pics are from last week, 12 weeks after abandoning the DC training and cardio and beginning the CFWU and main page WOD while continuing to eat clean.

Stats: 38 y/o, wt 150 down from 170, waist 30.5" down from 34.5"

All the workouts I have repeated thus far have improved dramatically, much more improvement than I have ever seen doing traditional weight-lifting programs. BTW, Jennie F. is right, CF does make you tanner!

Quinn in Winston-Salem, NC

Jennie Yundt 07-13-2008 07:57 PM

Re: Before and After Pics- 12 weeks of CF, 24 weeks of eating clean

Congrats Quinn! Those are some GREAT resuls! I can't believe how much you leaned out. I'm glad to see that CrossFit also made you tanner. :-)

George Mounce 07-13-2008 08:00 PM

Congrats - but I see this fueling flames as well due to the current wave thats coming across the forums.

Bonny Guang 07-14-2008 12:36 AM

[QUOTE=George Mounce;349549]Congrats - but I see this fueling flames as well due to the current wave thats coming across the forums.[/QUOTE]

...that was terrible.

Congrats, Quinn!

Jennie Yundt 07-14-2008 07:40 AM

[QUOTE=George Mounce;349549]Congrats - but I see this fueling flames as well due to the current wave thats coming across the forums.[/QUOTE]
fueling flames??? I don't get it. :-(

Quinn McCutchen 07-14-2008 08:26 PM

I think he was referring to the "Crossfitter or Bodybuilder" threads that are currently active.

I should have said in my original post that starting Crossfit represented a major paradigm shift for me that had been a long time coming. There is nothing wrong with eating and working out to look good but for me at least, the main advantage of Crossfit is how much better I feel and how much more I can do. Compared to the WODs, my old BB workouts and time on the treadmill seem like drudgery. The online CF community is the most supportive and positive I have come across on the net. Basically, any improvement in physical appearance is just one of MANY positive benefits I enjoyed since starting Crossfit. I posted the photos out of pride in what CF and good nutrition have done for me, as a thanks to all the people who have contributed to my improvements through this website, and as a motivator for others who are starting CF.

Wow, I hadn't planned to hijack my own thread but I thought it would be good to elaborate....