CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Scott Jenkins 12-22-2011 07:20 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1016507]Thanks Scott, the first round was K2E unbroken, but I dropped a few wallballs from getting ratttled. Plus I was really strick on the wall ball and did not could some reps.

Today looks like all about the cleans, allthough 12 bar burpees will be fun.[/QUOTE]

Ive got a wall ball technique now that dont miss much, instead of getting it to loop and land on the target take a step back further and throw it at the target, works for me.

All about the cleans I hope Nik, depends how many at the affiliate will be SCALING!!! :D

Nik Nichols 12-22-2011 08:01 AM

[QUOTE=Dustin Standel;1016324]Solid work Nik!

For the Muscle-ups by hand turn-out, you mean false grip right? I just started working on MU progressions the other day, so sorry if this is a stupid question.[/QUOTE]

Not a stuped question at all, you don't know you don't know. Wrist turnouts are que for full extention at the bottom. as you hang off the rings you turn your hand out and way from your body.

You are doing progressions so yuo are not there yet. when you hang off the rins with or with out false grip you turn out your hands,

Nik Nichols 12-22-2011 08:04 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1016511]Ive got a wall ball technique now that dont miss much, instead of getting it to loop and land on the target take a step back further and throw it at the target, works for me.

All about the cleans I hope Nik, depends how many at the affiliate will be SCALING!!! :D[/QUOTE]

I am working on the wallball, it is alot better then I have ever done, but still a goat for me. and with the games coming up I want to tighten up everything I can. I am stepping back a bit more now though on the wallball.

The burpees will be a breathy part to be a mental push to get it done I think. My cleans will most likely bwe singles as fast as i can cycle, just 3 rounds!

Dustin Standel 12-22-2011 09:09 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1016521]Not a stuped question at all, you don't know you don't know. Wrist turnouts are que for full extention at the bottom. as you hang off the rings you turn your hand out and way from your body.

You are doing progressions so yuo are not there yet. when you hang off the rins with or with out false grip you turn out your hands,[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I have done a scaled muscle up with the rings lowered so that I start sitting on the ground. But I haven't done one from a standing position.

Nik Nichols 12-22-2011 09:23 AM

A.M. warmup
30 reps all
GHDs 10lbs
back ext 25lbs
abmatt situps 25lbs
hand raise pushups
OHSs with bar

10 deadhang overhand grip

rolled my back 2:00min

wall squat 2:00min

Nik Nichols 12-22-2011 09:24 AM

[QUOTE=Dustin Standel;1016545]Thanks. I have done a scaled muscle up with the rings lowered so that I start sitting on the ground. But I haven't done one from a standing position.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is more to make sure you are getting full extention at the hang from the ringe. you are doing good with your progressions, keep at it.

Nik Nichols 12-22-2011 09:42 AM

10:00 break

couch stretch foot on wall 2:00min a side
ham stretch with band 2:00min a side
rolled glutes 2:00min a side

Nik Nichols 12-22-2011 12:21 PM

3 Rounds for time of:
•8 squat cleans (80/40kg)
•12 Bar-facing burpees
•Run 400m

time 26:42

Goods, THAT was a BLAST!

The bads, the ball of my right foot is hurting pretty bad on the runs so they were slow but steady. I king of ran on the side of my foot for the most of it.

Cleans were fun, I had to reset each one and get ready to pull, alot of time wasted on the cleans but i did the best i could do at the weight.

burpees fine, just felt slow having to jump and turn arround.

I will try to hit the jerks at 3:00.

Jesse Emers 12-22-2011 12:42 PM

Glad you had fun on that last workout Nik, it looks great with the heavier cleans. I haven't been keeping up with the logs lately. I hope your foot isn't too bad.

Scott Jenkins 12-22-2011 01:47 PM

Sounds like you might of bruised the bottom of your foot Nik, happens to me sometimes, hopefully it will heal quickly.

Great work on the metcon, those squat cleans are 5k over your BW, like me doing it at 95k so congrats on doing it as RX, not many have in the affiliate here so far.

Oh yes I am 6th on the first leader board on the walls (500m Row) :mad: lowest I have been by far in any workout over the whole 6 months the affiliate has existed and it goes on the wall for show!!!!! :ranting2: