CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 08-25-2011 01:47 PM

Re: Nik

3:00 break

Back squat sets of 5 reps

155lbs
175lbs
205lbs
225lbs
245lbs
256lbs(111k)

Felt good but slow. Posterior chain pretty shot today. But I was goad to hit sets of 5 reps, I never do that. I wanted another set of more or another at the 256, but time was up, still I was glad to have the fire to do that.

Jesse Emers 08-25-2011 04:12 PM

Fast work Nik, another PR in the bag!

Milton Brisson 08-25-2011 04:24 PM

Solid PR on the Nancy, there Nik!!!:highfive:

You are definitely feeling it these days!

Nik Nichols 08-26-2011 06:15 AM

[QUOTE=Jesse Emers;978913]Fast work Nik, another PR in the bag![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Milton Brisson;978919]Solid PR on the Nancy, there Nik!!!:highfive:

You are definitely feeling it these days![/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, I tell you I am loving it, but I have found another level for soreness now. Over the last couple of weeks being able to push the prs up has really taxxed me. I love it, but I am sore more then I usually am. Anyone else find that to happen?

Scott Jenkins 08-26-2011 06:24 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;978847]
Thanks Scott, I feel bad though, I only gave you a pepper.:([/QUOTE]

:rofl: so funny Nik, yeah I get you a broc and all I get is a common *** pepper!!

Nik Nichols 08-26-2011 06:41 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;979119]:rofl: so funny Nik, yeah I get you a broc and all I get is a common *** pepper!![/QUOTE]

Yea, I let you down!!;)

Did you see my question?

I know you recover really well. I do'nt know if you remember back. But now that i have hit the last cycle and prd, I am more sore then I have been in a LONG time. I HOPE it is just from pushing so harder. Did you hit that?

Nik Nichols 08-26-2011 06:42 AM

A.M. warm up

rest day scale

10 GHDs no weight
10 back ext no weight
10 situps no weight
10 OHS with 65lbs

Scott Jenkins 08-26-2011 07:11 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;979123]Yea, I let you down!!;)

Did you see my question?

I know you recover really well. I do'nt know if you remember back. But now that i have hit the last cycle and prd, I am more sore then I have been in a LONG time. I HOPE it is just from pushing so harder. Did you hit that?[/QUOTE]

You owe me now!!

Just run over your last two cycles and its really not surprising, Nancy will leave your shoulders very sore holding the weight overhead and the last 3 days were all hard metcons with some serious pulling/gripping the day before, not surprised you are very sore considering you also hit squats almost every day. I had times like this on main page and still now, I got up yesterday morning and was so sore everywhere I thought there was no way I could train but come the evening and some warming up your ready. Go easy today and you should be good tomorrow, eat heavy, drink water and roll on the foam, you know what to do.

Nik Nichols 08-26-2011 07:20 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;979132]You owe me now!!

Just run over your last two cycles and its really not surprising, Nancy will leave your shoulders very sore holding the weight overhead and the last 3 days were all hard metcons with some serious pulling/gripping the day before, not surprised you are very sore considering you also hit squats almost every day. I had times like this on main page and still now, I got up yesterday morning and was so sore everywhere I thought there was no way I could train but come the evening and some warming up your ready. Go easy today and you should be good tomorrow, eat heavy, drink water and roll on the foam, you know what to do.[/QUOTE]

Good point on the last cycle. I'm already drinking loads. I will eat now, and rolling at 10, and lunch I will try to get in atleasy 30min of rolling and streching.

I know what you mean about feeling like you are to sore to train. I was like that in the mornings, but like you said, good eating and drinking I was good.

Nik Nichols 08-26-2011 08:42 AM

10:00 break

Couch strech with band pulling forward 2 min a side
lungs strech with band pulling leg backwards with hands on ground 2 min a side
roll gluts 2min each side
full squat with elbows pushing knees out 2 min