CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Ernie Guevara 08-04-2010 01:56 PM

Re: Nik

That's a lot of lifting in one day nik! Good sessions. Did ur legs feel tired during the deads after the earlier session?

Scott Jenkins 08-05-2010 12:07 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;821864]Snatch, 1 rep
Clean and jerk, 1 rep
As many rounds and reps as possible in ten minutes of:
55kg Squat clean, 6 reps
12 Pull-ups C2B
24 Double-unders
Snach 145lbs 65.7k
C&J 195lbs 88.4k (stopped there for time.It was running long and I had to get the tripplet done)

3 round and 1 clean.

127reps

So if my conversion is right I hit
154.1 K total?
and 127 reps

The cleans were the hard part. Pullups C2B no breaks

DU's first round 20 and 4, the rest in chunks no less then 5's. 3rd round was the killer. I was breathing real hard by then. Good workout.[/QUOTE]

Great work Nik, you got me on both the lifts which is fine work seeing as you weigh at lot less than me. I found the squat cleans the easiest part of the amrap, we need to swop strengths again on that one.

Nik Nichols 08-05-2010 06:29 AM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;821983]That's a lot of lifting in one day nik! Good sessions. Did ur legs feel tired during the deads after the earlier session?[/QUOTE]
Thanks, no, my legs werent tire so much as I was tired. I was almost not going to do the deas because I was tired, but I needed to get them out of the way for this cycle, and I knew I could get them done, I just didn't feel like it, so I did it anyway.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;822250]Great work Nik, you got me on both the lifts which is fine work seeing as you weigh at lot less than me. I found the squat cleans the easiest part of the amrap, we need to swop strengths again on that one.[/QUOTE]

I though we tied on he cleans? Either way, I had more in the tank for the clean, just not the time.

Man I knew it when I was doing the amrap that you were breezing through the cleans. I have so much trouble cycleing fast on technical lift, I really need to work on that.

But on a good note, when I was breathless and hurting I was able to brab the bar and go on the pullups. I told myself that the pullups were easy and Iwould catch my breath doing them because you r body regulats its breathing wile exercizing, it worked. I had a small break through there from just gasping and not pushing.

What do you thing of todays?

Scott Jenkins 08-05-2010 06:39 AM

Yeah we was pretty close on the snatch , you got me by 0.8 of a kilo.

Today I think its going to be hard to set up in the gym with benches , swiss ball for back extensions , rower and bar but I will manage. Just take you time on the deadlifts, the weights not over heavy so it should be fine. Oh yes I forget you have 50 sumo's per round also so your posterior chain is going to get a kicking, another reason to warm up well.

Marianne Urbanski 08-05-2010 06:42 AM

[quote=Nik Nichols;821864]Snatch, 1 rep
Clean and jerk, 1 rep
As many rounds and reps as possible in ten minutes of:
55kg Squat clean, 6 reps
12 Pull-ups C2B
24 Double-unders
Snach 145lbs 65.7k
C&J 195lbs 88.4k (stopped there for time.It was running long and I had to get the tripplet done)

3 round and 1 clean.

127reps

So if my conversion is right I hit
154.1 K total?
and 127 reps

The cleans were the hard part. Pullups C2B no breaks

DU's first round 20 and 4, the rest in chunks no less then 5's. 3rd round was the killer. I was breathing real hard by then. Good workout.[/quote]

this workout confused me.. for the amrap.. how many C&J/and snatches?

that is a lot of oly lifts in one day!! great job..
How are the legs feeling today? more deadlifts... how do you feel about that? I don't like to deadlift more than every other week.. it takes so much out of me! :)

Nik Nichols 08-05-2010 06:56 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;822351]Yeah we was pretty close on the snatch , you got me by 0.8 of a kilo.

Today I think its going to be hard to set up in the gym with benches , swiss ball for back extensions , rower and bar but I will manage. Just take you time on the deadlifts, the weights not over heavy so it should be fine. Oh yes I forget you have 50 sumo's per round also so your posterior chain is going to get a kicking, another reason to warm up well.[/QUOTE]
I knew we were colse, Yea I expected you would have extra challenges getting it all sorted out at the gym. Me I will have to scale the sumos, Brady will need a bar so I will do sumos with the 35lbs KB. I think that little extra wioll keep me moving, It is the box jumps for me. The deas will be ok, Like you said slow and controlled, but steady. It shouldn't be to bad on the deads.
[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;822353]this workout confused me.. for the amrap.. how many C&J/and snatches?

that is a lot of oly lifts in one day!! great job..
How are the legs feeling today? more deadlifts... how do you feel about that? I don't like to deadlift more than every other week.. it takes so much out of me! :)[/QUOTE]

I dont mind deadliftin once a week, ift is not that heavy today, so i expect it to loosen me up some wile doing it.

Legs are tired, but ok. Not to bad.

The workout yesterday was 1 rep max on snach and C&J, not for time or reps. THEN do the AMRAP after establishing your maxes.

Nik Nichols 08-05-2010 06:57 AM

AM warmup.
30 GHD's
30 Backext 40lbs
30 abmattsitups 25lbs overhead
30 Camille pushups
30 airsquats(legs tired a little today)

Feeling good.

Nik Nichols 08-05-2010 11:07 AM

Three rounds for time of:
Row 500 meters
30 Box jumps, 24 inch box
25 Back extensions
205 pound Deadlift, 20 reps

subbed 50 sumos for row (as always, Stop laughing Ernie, I can hear you!)

time 20:16

sumos in sets of 20/20/10
box jums slow, but unbroken. I was slow as I can't pogo yet so I just kept moving on them. I forced myself one more, one more.

Deadlift was funny. I regripped each rep no touch and go. Broken from the start. but i was able to keep chipping away at them, no more then a step back and step up to the bar for breaks.

My legs would get wobbly after a few reps and felt like I wanted to lock out my knee to far so I would stop and step back and go again. it was enough to rest my legs and go again.

I was real happy with it over all. It wasa bit of a grinder, but I handled my breaks. I needed that. It was great.

(thank you lord.)

Ernie Guevara 08-05-2010 11:15 AM

Lol you hearing me laugh made me spit water out as I was reading nik!!! That was funny. Great job sticking to the steady pace! Did ur lower back get stiff like scotts?

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;822512]Three rounds for time of:
Row 500 meters
30 Box jumps, 24 inch box
25 Back extensions
205 pound Deadlift, 20 reps

subbed 50 sumos for row (as always, Stop laughing Ernie, I can hear you!)

time 20:16

sumos in sets of 20/20/10
box jums slow, but unbroken. I was slow as I can't pogo yet so I just kept moving on them. I forced myself one more, one more.

Deadlift was funny. I regripped each rep no touch and go. Broken from the start. but i was able to keep chipping away at them, no more then a step back and step up to the bar for breaks.

My legs would get wobbly after a few reps and felt like I wanted to lock out my knee to far so I would stop and step back and go again. it was enough to rest my legs and go again.

I was real happy with it over all. It wasa bit of a grinder, but I handled my breaks. I needed that. It was great.

(thank you lord.)[/QUOTE]

Scott Jenkins 08-05-2010 12:14 PM

Fast work Nik, especially with those damn Sumo's, they must of made it even harder on the lower back, well done , real glad you had a good day and anyone who gets through that workout has a strong back.

Ernie, my back did not stiffen , it was just really well worked so no problemos' por per vor-- bit of Spanish for you guys there.