CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 05-30-2013 06:40 AM

Re: Nik

A.M. warm up

20 abmat situps
10 HSPUs
20 GHDs
20 back ext
20 squats
10 over hand dead hang pullups
20 push ups
10 kipping pullups

rolled my back 2:00min
rolled piriformis 2:00min a side
rolled hip flexers 2:00min a side
calf stretch 1:00min a side

left shoulder blad still sore from JT so I only did the 10 HSPUs.

Nik Nichols 05-30-2013 06:41 AM

[QUOTE=Patrick Haskell;1168410]Yeah, I hate it when barely get over 6,000 pounds of work sets on squat day.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1168559]It's so easy to do set after set at those sort of loads without realising it. Sometimes we get 30 minutes to back squat and if I am not sharing a bar its so easy to knock out a set every 90 seconds or less, you end up hitting 10-15 sets instead of the programmed 5.[/QUOTE]

Ha, thanks Patrick, I did not look at it like that. Like Scott said, once you get into the groove it is easy to keep going and fun to push on.

Nik Nichols 05-30-2013 08:29 AM

10:00 break

daily squat
135lbs x1
185lbs x1
235lbs x1
285lbs x1
320lbs(145k) x1

all good, last rep I let my chest dip just a touch, I am guessing weak core from yesterday from all the front squat. Still no big deal.

Walked 3/4 of a mile.

Patrick Haskell 05-30-2013 08:41 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1168601]Ha, thanks Patrick, I did not look at it like that. Like Scott said, once you get into the groove it is easy to keep going and fun to push on.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if I get into a gym-focused routine, I'll definitely add a DE day. There's a lot to be said for the conjugate approach, and I don't see a good reason for taking another approach to weight training, if that is where your goals lay. Right now, however, I'm still trying to improve my longer distance conditioning, so high-volume days in the gym don't make sense, as I'll get those on foot.

Nik Nichols 05-30-2013 10:57 AM

[QUOTE=Patrick Haskell;1168633]Yeah, if I get into a gym-focused routine, I'll definitely add a DE day. There's a lot to be said for the conjugate approach, and I don't see a good reason for taking another approach to weight training, if that is where your goals lay. Right now, however, I'm still trying to improve my longer distance conditioning, so high-volume days in the gym don't make sense, as I'll get those on foot.[/QUOTE]

You are right on your training. High volume will not help the endurance.

Nik Nichols 05-30-2013 11:01 AM

rough day at the ''gym''

5/3/1
dead lift
135lbs x5
185lbs x5
235lbs x5
285lbs x3
305lbs(138k) x8

8 was what I was shooting for, so, happy with that.

WOD
3 rounds for time of:
50 Double-unders
3 Hang Cleans (65 / 40 kg) I used 70k
15 Pull-ups

I did hang squat cleans at 70k(155lbs)

time 9:36

Dus ok, broken but not bad
Hcleans unbroken but slow
pullups unbroken and easiest part.

Honestly I have a lot going on in my life and I almost talked myself out of this metcon. I did it slow and just kind of coasted through it. I am glad I did it, but I also know it was not all out.

Vickie Ellickson 05-30-2013 12:56 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1168655]
Honestly I have a lot going on in my life and I almost talked myself out of this metcon. I did it slow and just kind of coasted through it. I am glad I did it, but I also know it was not all out.[/QUOTE]

You are really good at getting over mental hurdles. If your mind isn't totally there, you know it's tough to give it your all. Some days are like that, which is why it's sometimes nice that there's only 24hrs in a day. :run:

Nik Nichols 05-30-2013 01:51 PM

[QUOTE=Vickie Ellickson;1168677]You are really good at getting over mental hurdles. If your mind isn't totally there, you know it's tough to give it your all. Some days are like that, which is why it's sometimes nice that there's only 24hrs in a day. :run:[/QUOTE]

Thanks Vick!! I laughed at the 24 hours. I like the fact that I trained anyway. Today (at the gym) was one of those days you just train even though you don't want to.

Scott Jenkins 05-31-2013 02:27 AM

Solid work for a rough day at the gym. Hope everything else is going well Nik.

CM2 is moving premises today/tomorrow to a bigger location. Though this does not affect you , the programming is going to get tougher due to different levels being coached, so no longer programming for the masses!! More heavy More muscle ups etc

Nik Nichols 05-31-2013 04:57 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1168815]Solid work for a rough day at the gym. Hope everything else is going well Nik.

CM2 is moving premises today/tomorrow to a bigger location. Though this does not affect you , the programming is going to get tougher due to different levels being coached, so no longer programming for the masses!! More heavy More muscle ups etc[/QUOTE]

WOOO, that sounds good on the programming, I have been slacking on the bar metcon and need a good program. Congrats on the mover Scott and CM2!