CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

BMH 01-16-2013 05:07 PM

Re: Nik

Support team up. Nik will survive through out cerebral collective power!

Jeffrey Hensley 01-16-2013 05:12 PM

Praying everything is ok.

Jeff Enge 01-16-2013 05:15 PM

We're with you Nik, whatever is going on!

Milton Brisson 01-16-2013 09:52 PM

Dont be gone long my friend! The boards not the same without you! Heal up, get well! God bless!

Scott Jenkins 01-17-2013 02:37 AM

[QUOTE=Brady Herrin;1125583]Guys, Nik got called into the doctor. Keep him in your prayers.[/QUOTE]

Really sorry to hear this, hope all is well my friend.

Nik Nichols 01-17-2013 08:07 AM

Ok. here is the scoop as I know it.

I went in and did some blood work over a month ago and they forgot about me or I would have gotten this all looked at weeks ago.

I am producing to much blood and it was putting pressure on my heat and veines. I am also in kidney failure but that part my DR think he knows why so that is not really a concern.

They drained off excess blood yesterday so the to much blood is ok for now.

I have to wait for a month and go re do blood work and see where my levels are and if I have reproduced the excess blood again we will start testing for disorders and disease and cancer ect.

What I'm doing now. I have to stop taking my Sups (creatine) and aminos. I can take my fish oils. I have to back off the volume of the workout and intensity for the month.

Yes the doctor thinks it could be a factor. He is not against me training so I don't thing he thinks my workout is the devil. But at the volum and intensity he thinks it can contribute to the excess blood. SO for now I'm on ''half rations'' of the workout.

What the heck does that mean?!?!?! Eh I just have to back off for a month.

Seems the last few months have been rough. The year ended rough and started rough and is still rough. So Scott, like you say, it has got to get better soon. I see the last few months and that ''bad work out'' and a good one is coming. I just hope and pray it is not cancer, or any other diabolical situation.

I am doing ok, no completely up beat but not desparing either. Doing fine.

Thanks again for all the suport, it was great and uplifting to see this morning, expecially after a scaled morning warm up had me dizzy, nauseous, and heart was pounding a bit.

Nik Nichols 01-17-2013 08:10 AM

A.M. warm up
10 HSPUs (heat pounding an bit)
10 GHDs slow and steadt
10 back ext
10 ab mat situps
10 push ups
10 wide C2B dead hangs (heart again)
10 push ups
10 squats

rolled my back 2:00min
rolled piriformis 2:00min a side
rolled hip flexers 2:00min a side

squatted the bar x3
135lbs x3

Scott Jenkins 01-17-2013 08:20 AM

Great to hear from you Nichols!! Sounding upbeat, at least you know its all going to get worked out now, that should give you some relief.

I was shocked when I read your report and then scrolled down to see the usual early extras , you are seriously worse than me ;). Just got to do what they tell you now, if your body tells you to back off, do it, it's just a month then you can go from there.

Nik Nichols 01-17-2013 09:04 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1126056]Great to hear from you Nichols!! Sounding upbeat, at least you know its all going to get worked out now, that should give you some relief.

I was shocked when I read your report and then scrolled down to see the usual early extras , you are seriously worse than me ;). Just got to do what they tell you now, if your body tells you to back off, do it, it's just a month then you can go from there.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA yea, I scaled the warm up to 10 reps each, thats ok right?!?!?! Yea i have to stay up beat , I have a month till I start to get it sorted out and fretting about what it MIGHT be is stuped and a waist of time. I just need ot figure out a workout plan I can do and not lose everything, and have some fun at it.

Vickie Ellickson 01-17-2013 09:04 AM

Such an over-achiever...even trying to PR on blood production.

Good to see you back Nik. Hope you have a good doc and he can nail it the first time.