CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 11-09-2012 12:52 PM

Re: Nik

press
bar x3
95lbs x1
115lbs x1
135lbs x1
145lbs(66k) x1
150lbs xfxf
Just did not go. The 145 went fine, the 150 just would not go.

press
115lbs x3
130lbs x2+1
130lbs x3

75lbs x5
75lbs x5

FridayOn November 9th, 2012,

AMRAP in 9 Minutes of:
7 Power Cleans (60/40kg)
7 Rack Lunges (60/40kg)
10 Bar Hop Burpees

0 rounds. the lunges hurt my left knee no matter how I tried it. So I decided to clean instead seeing did not have much time left.

185lbs x3
205lbs x1
215lbs xfxfxf
the fails I think it was landing, I'd get under the bar but not keep it. Just not my day.

Nik Nichols 11-09-2012 02:54 PM

3:00 break
squat clean practice

185lbs(84k) on the min for 10:00

first 6 were rough, form all over the place, the last few settled down and were easy, I was not fighting the bar. I have neglected these and yet anothe exercize I love and have not been doing.

So much fun.

Shane Atkinson 11-10-2012 01:02 AM

Press looks great Nik...keep up that hard work. You are killing it.

Nik Nichols 11-12-2012 07:58 AM

[QUOTE=Shane Atkinson;1106723]Press looks great Nik...keep up that hard work. You are killing it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, it is a huge goat to me so I have made it a focus to finally get some ok numbers.

Nik Nichols 11-12-2012 08:00 AM

A.M. warm up
20 game standard (hands in box) HSPUs ( last one was TOUGH)
20 GHDs
20 back ext
20 kip kuppups
20 squats
20 ab mat situps with 45lbs(20k) plate over head
20 pushups

kicking drills

rolled my back 2:00min
rolled piriformus 2:00 min a side
rolled hip flexers 2:00min a side.

Nik Nichols 11-12-2012 10:02 AM

10:00 break
5/3/1 squat
135lbs x1
185lbs x1
235lbs x1
285lbs x1
320lbs(145k) x4

Fun work. I did not feel 100% focused, but I was fine. The last round was fun, last rep was slow I should have fought for a 5th rep, I may have had it in me. Still, hitting 4 reps was the number I was shooting for so I am good.

Oh after that set I got a head rush, had to walk it off and take some deep breaths to get it clean.

I am starting to push into that uncomfortable pain on the heavys. That area where it is uncomfortable and monty tells you that is enough. Well there is more back there. So I am starting to tap into that now. It feels great but in saying that after today I feel I had another rep or two. It is all about pushing into that ''I may passout and die'' area. So to speak.

I just don't know my abelity and it is really hard honestly, to will yourself into another rep when the last one was so hard and felt like that was it, going into that unknown area of posible failier.

Nik Nichols 11-12-2012 12:59 PM

First London Throwdown qualifier is as follows:

3 minute amrap:

Back Squat for power output.

So any weight you want... but you cannot put the bar down until either the 3 minutes is over or you just cannot hold it, on putting bar down workout is over.

weight 71k (155lbs) 47 reps total weight moved 3337kilo.

I was going for 47 or more reps going by Scotts lists. I could have done more but was pacing it to finish ok. Only real issue with it was breathing. I held my breath on every rep on the squats and at the end it was getting breathy. Better breathing more reps for sure.

weighted dead hang chin ups
3 reps on the min for 10:00min with 1.5pood(53lbs)24kilo KB. 30 reps total.

I was going to do ring dips but ram low on time. I hit them at 3:00. Need to work them as I never do them.

Eric Shuty 11-12-2012 01:00 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1107103]10:00 break
5/3/1 squat
135lbs x1
185lbs x1
235lbs x1
285lbs x1
320lbs(145k) x4

Fun work. I did not feel 100% focused, but I was fine. The last round was fun, last rep was slow I should have fought for a 5th rep, I may have had it in me. Still, hitting 4 reps was the number I was shooting for so I am good.

Oh after that set I got a head rush, had to walk it off and take some deep breaths to get it clean.

I am starting to push into that uncomfortable pain on the heavys. That area where it is uncomfortable and monty tells you that is enough. Well there is more back there. So I am starting to tap into that now. It feels great but in saying that after today I feel I had another rep or two. It is all about pushing into that ''I may passout and die'' area. So to speak.

I just don't know my abelity and it is really hard honestly, to will yourself into another rep when the last one was so hard and felt like that was it, going into that unknown area of posible failier.[/QUOTE]

Now you're speaking my language!!

I understand that it's not necessarily something to brag about (but I do anyways), but I think a lot of people won't ever truly know theri "max" or what they're really capable of because they stop short of that zone. I've often broken the capallaries in my face doing deadlifts to the point that it looks like I have freckles. On the other hand, it's not a level people should push to on a regular basis because I think it is too hard on the nervous system....

Or I could just be rambling again.....

Nik Nichols 11-12-2012 01:05 PM

[QUOTE=Eric Shuty;1107139]Now you're speaking my language!!

I understand that it's not necessarily something to brag about (but I do anyways), but I think a lot of people won't ever truly know theri "max" or what they're really capable of because they stop short of that zone. I've often broken the capallaries in my face doing deadlifts to the point that it looks like I have freckles. On the other hand, it's not a level people should push to on a regular basis because I think it is too hard on the nervous system....

Or I could just be rambling again.....[/QUOTE]

I have just started to understand it. I find after finishing a set that I ''think'' I could have done one more.

I agree with you about people not knowing what they are truly able to do because of stopping when it gets uncomfortable.

in saying that I think it shold only be done when you know your form is solid. A green rooky should not go that far for injury.

I have backed off my conditioning more to give myself more recovery because of pushing and exploring that ''zone''. Glad you feel that same about that push, I figured you would get it. I will probably post a thread about it in the fitness section as I don't remember it ever being talked about. You just either go there or stop.

Eric Shuty 11-12-2012 01:11 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1107143]I have just started to understand it. I find after finishing a set that I ''think'' I could have done one more.

I agree with you about people not knowing what they are truly able to do because of stopping when it gets uncomfortable.

in saying that I think it shold only be done when you know your form is solid. A green rooky should not go that far for injury.

I have backed off my conditioning more to give myself more recovery because of pushing and exploring that ''zone''. Glad you feel that same about that push, I figured you would get it. I will probably post a thread about it in the fitness section as I don't remember it ever being talked about. You just either go there or stop.[/QUOTE]

I agree that a beginner or even an intermediate (depends on experience) should probably not go there. However, I believe that most people don't know how/wouldn't know how to get that kind of intensity on a lift so there isn't too much of a risk. This is why when I leave the gym super sweaty and exhausted from doing 1 or 2 rep sets people are kind of puzzled. "How do you get all that from only doing 1-3 reps?"

There is a far greater risk of someone going too far on a conditioning-based or high rep WOD then there is on going to blackout (or oh no i'm about to poo my pants) point on a lift...