CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 10-18-2012 08:52 AM

Re: Nik

10:00 break
stretch

glute hip stretch with leg on box 2:00min a side
ankle mobility with foot on box 1:00min a side
rolled quads 4:00min a side.

quads really sore. Left knee still a bit sore. I will work it at lunch.

Nik Nichols 10-18-2012 12:01 PM

Rest day fun
5K run
28:29
not a pr by any means but good to get out there for a long run.

Goods I did not stop
semi bads. left knee and ankle were a bit sore but not to bad, and only on thee first K or so. Ball on right foot a bit sore and feels like it wants to blister, but so far ok. Oh and I ran it in my minimal shoes.

Nik Nichols 10-18-2012 01:55 PM

3:00 break
calf stretch 2:00min a side
walk 1600m with Brady

Scott Jenkins 10-19-2012 04:25 AM

You've been itching for a long run Nik, really wonder what time I would get now, we use to do them real regular , now I have not done one since Christmas last year when we all dressed up as Santa and had a race.

Nik Nichols 10-19-2012 05:34 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1102025]You've been itching for a long run Nik, really wonder what time I would get now, we use to do them real regular , now I have not done one since Christmas last year when we all dressed up as Santa and had a race.[/QUOTE]

Man as lean as you are I bet you would do well. I found it really 90% mental. Just willing myself to go on. Like I said, I had a few pains but not to bad and as it went on it all went away and it was just breathing and mental.

Are you lighter now Scott. Me I'm up 10lbs floating arround 175lbs so I'm heavy, but my time is really because I haven't done any 5ks and just out of practice.

Funny thing, I hit the turn arround, planted turned and took off, never stopped. But my brain (monty) freaked out!! I turned and took off and was building speed back up and all the wile my monty was screaming to walk. ''you almost stopped there! just stop and walk, you are half way, just stop, just walk a little!'' It was kind of weird, but I kept on.

Nik Nichols 10-19-2012 07:23 AM

A.M. warm up
10 HSPUs
30 GHDs
30 back ext
10 HSPUs
30 abmat situps
10 wide C2B dead hangs
10 HSPUs
30 squats
10 close overhand dead hangs 9 shoulders still a little fatigued, no real ''bounce'' out of the bottom.(or rebound out of the bottom)
30 squats
10 close underhand dead hangs, same on these
30 pushups

kicking drills

rolled my back 2:00min
rolled piriformus 2:00 min a side
rolled hip flexers 3:00min a side

calves really tight, hip flexers sore, arms and shoulders a bit sore. Back getting better but not 100% but alot better.

oh sinuses a wreck after yesterdays 5k, for some reason my nose started running and has not stopped. Sneezing ect, really only worry here is dehydration.

Feeling good but a little fatigued, still I'm looking forward to the workout.

Nik Nichols 10-19-2012 08:49 AM

10:00 break

hip glute stretch with leg on box 2:00
calf stretch 2:00min a side
rolled calves 1:00min a side

Nik Nichols 10-19-2012 11:40 AM

October 19th, 2012,
Hang Clean & Push Jerk•Spend 20 minutes doing heavy doubles
•This is the beginning of a new focus our main lifts during this period will be C&J, Push-press, & Squat (front/back/overhead)

I did 1 hang power clean then jerk then recover then hang power clean and jerk with out putting the bar down.

135lbs x2
135lbs x2
135lbs x2
155lbs x2
155lbs x2
175lbs(79K) x2

5 rounds for time of:

•10 Pullups
•12 box-jumps (30″)
•25 Double Unders

time 10:37
pullups easy and unbroken
Box jumps slow and arches of my feet started hurting a bit
DUs 4 rounds broken last round unbroken.

Box jumps to slow other then that everything else was ok.

Finisher: max DUs in 2;00min 80 reps feet are killing me after the 5k yesterday.

Scott Jenkins 10-21-2012 02:08 AM

Just read your Monty battle in the 5k , that's half hour of stopping him making you walk, nice.

I know you usually rest weekend, just saying not sure if there's a mis type on our CM2 site today, says Hang Power Snatch, but not how many reps, unless its meant to be only 1 which is dissappointing seeing as its followed with 10 burpees.

Nik Nichols 10-21-2012 07:01 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1102380]Just read your Monty battle in the 5k , that's half hour of stopping him making you walk, nice.

I know you usually rest weekend, just saying not sure if there's a mis type on our CM2 site today, says Hang Power Snatch, but not how many reps, unless its meant to be only 1 which is dissappointing seeing as its followed with 10 burpees.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA not so much the whole time fighting monty. Just here ahd there and really at the turn arround. It was funny to me to really hear that voice ''screaming'' to walk.

I pressed yesterday I generally lift on Sat and take Sun off. Si I'll post my presses now and check your log to see what you did.