CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   My Midlife Crisis (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=56812)

Benjamin R. Greene 05-16-2010 10:53 PM

Re: My Midlife Crisis

I still had a little energy left, so I did

4x10 box jumps

Not too bad, cardio wise, but my legs are definitely burned out.

I am planning to participate in a grappling tournament in Las Vegas on the 27th of May and in a 5k run on June 5th. I am hoping to at least hold my own in the tournament and break 28:30 in the 5k.

Stephen R. Lampl 05-16-2010 10:59 PM

Best of luck in the tournament and with the run. I'm sure you'll do well!

Benjamin R. Greene 05-17-2010 08:33 PM

Thank you. I hope so. I could hardly sleep last night, my traps and neck were so sore. I am going to absolutely force myself to take a day off. I will just rest tonight and do some plyo jumps tomorrow. My upper body is waaay burned out.:surrende:

Stephen R. Lampl 05-17-2010 08:54 PM

It's also funny how some of the workouts which don't look so intimidating on paper can just smoke you! We did a little couplet today which about ruined my forearms......3 Rds for time of 100m farmers carries (50# Dbs) and 2 rope ascents (subbed 10 X 2 rope pullups). A little deep tissue massage and I'm almost back to normal.....

Benjamin R. Greene 05-17-2010 10:07 PM

Yeah, that is one of the defining characteristics of the CrossFit method of training. No matter how simple the workout seems on paper, it is a killer. In fact even after the first part of a workout, it still seems easy many times, only to grow into a crushing monster with every rep. My favorite of 15 burpees, one minute rest, three rounds is a classic example. It just seems so easy. Body weight exercises, plenty of time to catch your breath, what could go wrong? Even after the first set, I think every time, "Hey, this is pretty easy!" as if it was the first time to challenge that workout.

Invariably, by the end of the third round, if I make it that far, I am just trying, praying, forcing myself, to finish the :ranting2: workout!

Benjamin R. Greene 05-18-2010 08:10 PM

Today, I completed the first day of the first week of the Recon Ron pullup program. I had to try something to help my woeful pullups.

Then, I did 3 sets of 4 OHS with 135 lbs. More reps, but fewer sets than the last time I tried these.

Left trap muscle is still hurting pretty badly. I am having a hard time sleeping due to the discomfort.

Benjamin R. Greene 05-18-2010 10:55 PM

Since I still had a little energy, I thought I would go for a new PR on the plyo box jumps.

4x12 (PR) in 6:43

Benjamin R. Greene 05-19-2010 01:11 AM

Since I still had a little nervous energy and technically, it is the next day, I did day 2 of the first week of the Recon Ron workout as Rx'd. For the record, that is 6, 5, 5, 4, 3. I am determined that I not have pullups be a terrible weakness holding me back from doing the best I can at CrossFit. I can tell already, my problem is really my forearm strength. Hopefully, this program can work to address those issues.

Benjamin R. Greene 05-19-2010 08:34 PM

My C2 Concept Rower came in today, so of course I had to try it out. I rowed 500 meters in 2:03.

Stephen R. Lampl 05-19-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin R. Greene (Post 786365)
My C2 Concept Rower came in today, so of course I had to try it out. I rowed 500 meters in 2:03.

Nice work and very respectable 500m time, Ben! I love my C2 also!