CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Community (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   CrossFit - Reekbok Apparel... (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=68742)

Stu Christensen 07-14-2011 12:30 PM

CrossFit - Reekbok Apparel...

...what's the significance, if there is any, of the "delta" symbol on all the new CF gear on the CF store?? Just curious....

Sean Dunston 07-14-2011 01:01 PM

Re: CrossFit - Reekbok Apparel...

no idea.

If my memory can be trusted (and maybe it cannot)... doesn't the Delta symbol mean change?
I can't recall if meant something else - and that seems to stick in my head from one of my math classes from decades ago.

Rebecca Roth 07-14-2011 02:41 PM

yea, a delta is essentially the difference between two items. Its also in the Reebok Crossfit One affiliate logo, for what its worth.

Sam Ser 07-14-2011 03:00 PM

maybe in this context, it means "here's change for a thousand" -- as in bucks.

those are some expensive t-shirts!

:yikes:

Justin Z. Smith 07-14-2011 03:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
the clothing is exciting!!

John McCord 07-14-2011 06:13 PM

Can I just have the low tech fabrics with cool **** on them??

Thank god Rogue and AF are still making 20$ shirts.

Edit: The last few pages still carried the older CF shirts.

My Rogue team shirt is still my favorite.

2nd Edit: No modeling from Camille! Shenanigans!

Nate Napolitano 07-14-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John McCord (Post 960751)
Can I just have the low tech fabrics with cool **** on them??

:yeahthat:

I feel like I would be supporting Reebok more than CrossFit buying from their store. I was willing to pay a little more for CF products when I knew the money was actually going to HQ or wherever. Now I feel like I would be supporting a corporation more than a community so I couldn't justify paying those prices. Oh well. Rogue and AF FTW:kicking0:

Michael McMahon 07-14-2011 08:56 PM

You're right about supporting Reebok more than Crossfit. Reebok has to pay for the mass media marketing, paying athlete endorsers such as Peyton Manning and Sidney Crosby to wear their stuff and be in their commercials and all the market and product research that goes into an sports wear/equipment company. While I understand Reebok is a business and their goal is to make money (have no problem with that) I think we as consumers need to recognize where the dollars are going and why the products cost what they do.

Sam Ser 07-14-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael McMahon (Post 960843)
While I understand Reebok is a business and their goal is to make money (have no problem with that) I think we as consumers need to recognize where the dollars are going and why the products cost what they do.

products cost what they do because corporations (even mom-and-pop ones) think that's what you'll pay for them.

so, apparently, reebok and crossfit think you're a moron -- because only a moron would pay $100 for a plain grey hoodie sweatshirt.

sorry, but that's the truth.

Sam Ser 07-14-2011 10:01 PM

clearly, no one will ever get anywhere wearing THIS stuff. (WFS)

:rolleyes: