CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Stuff and Nonsense (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Video Games (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=32650)

Chris Patterson 06-03-2008 05:46 AM

Video Games

Anyone here play video games.

I occasionally play counter-strike or day of dfeat on the pc if anyone is interested.

I betting there are very few gamers on this site but I'll give it a try.

Bonny Guang 06-03-2008 05:54 AM

Re: Video Games

I can probably own you at SSBB and Guitar Hero. I really favor one-player story-based games like Bioshock and Assassin's Creed though. I have no problems playing Rainbow Six and Halo, (I could probably own you at Rainbow Six too) but most of my money goes toward those single player games.

I haven't played PC games for a while, the last thing I played was Civilization IV, heh. Maybe if Starcraft II comes out. Or Spore.

But yeah, love video games. I kind of fell out of it starting last year (school and track and science team and crossfit makes it impossible to add video games too) but now that I'm graduated I think the video games shall be making a comeback.

Jamie J. Skibicki 06-03-2008 07:07 AM

Bonny, you really need to check out Mass Effect, good gameplay great story line. Very good game

Frederic Giraud 06-03-2008 07:18 AM

I'm a gamer....

Got stuck on World of Warcraft 3 years or so ago, played for 2 and have now quit for the last year.

Played a lot of Warcraft 3, and The Frozen Throne , almost competively ( ranked in the top 100 in north america in FFA lol ).

And now I play here and there some DOTA games.

I'm more an RTS and RPG gamer, and I love playing against other humans instead of script, so internet games are the "shiznit" ;)

Started my career back in the days with the SNES :P

Love fighting game as well....Killer Instinct 2 and Marvel vs Capcom are the best fighting game ever.EVER.

ok ok enough geek talk...

Jason Tanner 06-03-2008 01:17 PM

Mostly GTA4 for me. Was playing Halo awhile back but couldn't keep up with my friend who was a pro and gave up getting owned every game. Waiting for End War to come out.

Derek Maffett 06-03-2008 01:25 PM

*sigh* Halo kind of sputtered and died in the last two games. Maybe it was just too hard to live up to the legacy of the first, but I think they switched their focus to multiplayer when they realized how popular it was. I've completed the first Halo on legendary, though. :D

If you have a Wii, Metroid Prime 3 is pretty awesome. Also check out the Sly Cooper games.

Michael Blazek 06-03-2008 01:36 PM

Halo 3 is where I roam on Xbox Live

Just waiting for Gears of war 2

Jason Tanner 06-03-2008 07:47 PM

I agree with you Derek. Halo really pushed for multi-player more than anything. Unfortunately now anyone can boast legendary on Halo 3 due to co-op.

Jesse Burroughs 06-03-2008 08:07 PM

dude i only thought die hard fitness freaks would be into crossfit...lol...but i love first person shooters and the Zelda Games, they are the ****, newest one was by far the best...sorry if that was random. lol

Derek Maffett 06-03-2008 08:13 PM

Co-op on legendary? That's cheating. :(