CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Pinkalicious Posts: Pouts & Praise (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=39407)

Sharon Goff 11-17-2008 04:12 PM

Pinkalicious Posts: Pouts & Praise

[COLOR="Magenta"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]This is the perfect day for me to begin my workout journal. Today's workout is the first that I finished without nausea or tears, and, I am still able to walk after driving home! (I feel certain I will be worked to a quivering pulp later this week, but today I choose to feel elated at my 'progress')
Warm-up:
Samson Stretch
Push-ups (I moved from wall push-ups to box push-ups, but on my knees)
Ring Dips (fake ones with my feet on the floor to help)
another thing I don't remember the name of. 2 parallel bars close to the ground that you try to hold yourself up on for 20 seconds...again, fake ones, I had to keep my tippy-toes of one foot down.:rolleyes:
Workout:
Brand-new for me:D
Weighted Back Squats: Practiced with 15 pounds then did 5X5 starting at 35 and ending at 65 pounds.
That was it!!
oxox
Pinkalicious

[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

Sharon Goff 11-18-2008 04:56 AM

Re: Pinkalicious Posts: Pouts & Praise

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Magenta"]Owie, Owie, OWIE!!! :crybaby0:This morning I have a terrific back of the head ache and a cramp between my shoulder blades. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I must go and prepare myself for a day of 20 little darlings calling my name........where's the percocet when you need it??:bolt:
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Jill Zimmerman 11-18-2008 05:06 AM

Good work Sharon, sorry things hurt this morning.Tell the rug rats they have to be nice to Ms. Sharon because you are wokring out hard. Do a squat or too or wall pushup when no one is looking GTG!

Sharon Goff 11-18-2008 11:17 AM

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Magenta"]Jill---:rofl:I love your newly edited vital stats!!
I treated myself to a lowfat mocha w/extra expresso in hopes it would help my head. It didn't, but boy did it taste yummy!!
We're working on our preschool program for Thanksgiving and I borrowed an accordion to use as accompaniment. My shoulders are so weak and sore that I couldn't even keep the bellows pumping in and out. (I'm not really a dork like that sounds----it was really quite funny---okay sad---but, the kids thought it was hilarious):o
oxo
Pinkalicious[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Amy Crawford 11-18-2008 12:13 PM

Keep on keepin' on Sharon! I'm proud of you! :D

Sharon Goff 11-18-2008 04:57 PM

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Magenta"]:( Today will be my first pout day. It wasn't supposed to be a pout day. It was supposed to be my day that I work out on my own and be so proud of my efforts, but alas, it is not. (yes, I know, insert cheese here to go with my whine):p
Anyway, this evening is just another typical day in my ridiculous world. (Do not confuse this with my pinkalicious world--it is a beautiful, happy place that sparkles..........I digress.)
I walked in my front door and was hit in the face by an odor so foul I was practically knocked unconscious, followed by a snorting bellow instantly recognizable as my boy, Big E,sleeping. As I made my way into the house, certain that Big E must have soaked his entire body in some sort of deer urine in heat substance for one of his hunting forays, I noticed two very still figures lying on my white snugly curl up on the couch and watch House blankie. On the floor,(and, as I later found out, all over the entire downstairs and possibly upstairs-I haven't looked there yet), was doggie-doo-doo. Oh no, not the firm kind, not even the semi-soft swirly pile kind. This was the I don't know what they ate, but it's a wonder they aren't dead kind of projectile liquid doo!! Apparently, Big E had worked all night, came in this morning, let the dogs inside, and decided to take a 6 hour nappie on the couch while the dogs helped themselves to who knows what. Sooooooooo, guess what I've been doing? Not running stairs, not planks, not jumping rope, or even preparing a nice dinner. (There'll be no dinner this night!!) I've been cleaning up poopie piles, scrubbing it from the cracks of my hardwood and tile. (Praise God my rug is rolled up in the basement waiting to be steam cleaned from the cat throwing up on it!) Candles have been lighted, lysol has been sprayed liberally, still I smell the gaggy sourness, while my boy Ethan sleeps on................ rest in peace my son, rest in peace.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Amy Crawford 11-18-2008 07:21 PM

Oh, Sharon, that's not good. That's not good at all. But as you said earlier today, and yes, I heard it come from your mouth, "that which doesn't kill us only makes us stronger."

If it makes you feel any better, I've made up the "supplemental" workouts for the rest of the month. They're sure to please!

Sharon Goff 11-19-2008 04:30 AM

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="Magenta"]Supplemental workouts rock:crybaby0:[/COLOR][/FONT]

Sharon Goff 11-20-2008 11:50 AM

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Magenta"]Yesterday, Wednesday, November 19th, First day of Metabolic Revving WOD+

Sorry I was too traumatized to write last evening. Also, I never made it past the living room when I got home.

I still don't have all the names of WOD and exercises memorized, so I'll have to describe some of the torture....I mean exercises.

Warm-up:
Samson Stretches
Push-ups (on box)
Jumping Pull-ups
Trying to balance on the rings with my arms straight.
Something else that I can't remember

WOD
21/15/10
overhead squats with 15 lb bar
burpees (which should be called vomitees)
THEN for the +
30sec on/30sec off x 2
jump rope
plank burpees
step ups on box
hollow stone(rock?)

Now, here's a question for future reference: If one actually throws up during a work-out, do you have to go back and finish? or, are you excused?

Until tomorrow,

Sharon Goff 11-21-2008 03:08 PM

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Magenta"]:cool:Ahhhhhh... I'm ever so much better today. I'll start with my homework and work my way back to the WOD at Amy's Garage Gym aka torture chamber aka rockin workout joint.

This evenings homework consists of a warm bath, (I added bubbles and a glass of wine), followed by stretching to release the toxins from my tight, trembly tendons, and finally many cups of hot tea to flush the toxins both from my muscles and with any luck my stubborn intestines.

Weekend Homework is stations of 60 second planks, r lunge, l lunge, and weighted ball high pulls X 4.

Today's workout was jumping rope just to get warmed up, working on form with little or no weight, and learning a new 'game' called slam ball. It was really, really fun!!

It's kind of nice not knowing what's in store for me each day until I show up. I dread going for a good 12 hours before time to go, but on the rare day that I can actually see improvement in some part of me, it's a huge high!! Today was that kind of day. Even though I know the break was only because my body wouldn't do anything more, it was still a good day for me cause I went anyway, and did something.:highfive:

Peace out,

Jill Zimmerman 11-21-2008 07:04 PM

I envy you someone to do this with, good job on the slam ball and the bubbles. Homework sounds fun too. I went looking for swim paraphernalia today, supposedly fins may keep me from sinking but no luck :(.
How much would Amy charge me if you put me on speaker phone during your workout for invisi-coaching? I am about half serious.

My belated condolences on the dogsh*t-a-palooza. I just went through that with a sick dog for several months something was coming out of one end or the other of this poor dog. I found a couple little turds at the bottom of the stairs on a busy rug and called out to a friend. Watch out there's little sh*t over here by the door and he said I already found it - in his bare feet, hahahha considering she used to be his dog. But payback was swift, a few days later I stepped in something that adhered to the bottom of my foot like a big pancake of utter slimy green black grossness. I honestly do not know which end of her it came out of. OMG is was disgusting.
Dogs gotta love'em.

Sharon Goff 11-22-2008 10:55 AM

[COLOR="Magenta"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Magenta"]Re:doo-doo. Yes, my new puppy we[/COLOR]nt very quickly from, "oh, puhleeze don't put her outside in the dog run! She's just a baaaaby!!", to, " What? 19 degrees you say? She'll be fiiiiiine outside, really---she likes the cold!"

Re: working out together. I talk about you all the time while I'm over there anyway, so you may as well be there to suffer with me. Seems like with all the technology out there, we could rig up a webcam on both ends. You could have 4 cameras pointing at you so Amy could watch your form. (She's huge on correct form!). And Amy and I could have headcams on so you could see Amy thru my eyes and me thru her eyes. Yes, this could work. We all might get motion sickness, but hey, nausea is nausea in my book!

S.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Jill Zimmerman 11-22-2008 11:53 AM

Hmm webcams don't people do stuff on line and get paid for that? Some how I do not think we would be as inviting as the puppy cam that now half the world is watching.

I RAN A 10K! you would not believe how long it took but I did it.

Sharon Goff 11-22-2008 01:49 PM

Yippee Jill!!!!
Congratulations! I don't think I could even walk a 10k in my current condition.
Was it local? Did you freeze? And, I saw on one of your posts that you were in jeans you hadn't fit in in years! So, see, things are good on your end of the world!

I have my 1 month weigh/measure on Monday. We'll see how my 'end' is firming up.
S

Jill Zimmerman 11-22-2008 02:44 PM

I don't run anything i.e., as in a race that I have to pay for because of Triathlon fundraising. If I have any extra money it goes there. This was just my normal run location along the river. Down and back is four miles with a one mile double back on the far end so I couldn't get out of running back home, which I needed to do in a big way. I "thought of you" how nice because this was the first time ever I have been stricken with the urge to relieve myself (ala puppy) tail end of the run. Barely made it through the door, hahhaha.

I am going to the doctor's too Dec 1. Should be interesting too, to see my numbers. We can compare. Any better on the IBS front? I had the opposite experience with that stuff. Ate a forbidden (no fried food was ordered) chip at the lab, blew up like a balloon and sh*t myself at school OMG. Good grief that was aweful, about all I could eat was white rice and jello. No cruciferous veggies, no soda water, nothing oily. Man did it suck. Last kid changed that - how odd. Got pregnant and it was gone for good.

Jill Zimmerman 11-22-2008 03:10 PM

I have issues with being cold. I get really perimenopausally hot when I run and can end up in short sleeves in weather like this. I hate to be hot while exericsing but am freezing all the rest of the time. I wore a long sleeved Reebok shirt and a vest and under armour pants which I must say worked great. I got too hot under the vest (soaked it) but couldn't take it off. I had gloves at one point but forgot them. I needed them the first half. Left bald head uncovered too, probably should have had a hat on. Shift around next time to a new combo to be more compfortable.

Sharon Goff 11-22-2008 04:52 PM

IBS: I've always had an icky stomach. From age 20-30 I actually starved myself days before having to go anywhere (shopping, appts.) because I was so scared of being sick away from my home turf! NOT a good weight management program! I think that is a lot of the reason why I can't seem to get any weight off now. My metabolism is dead.
Anyhow, now my tummy is all one way or the other, and, trying to go cold turkey into Paleo, pretty much did me in. Today, praise Jesus, I pooped a ton and I'm eating prunes and apples and drinking hot tea galore. Hopefully I won't be chasing 3 year olds out of the bathroom on Monday to relieve myself!
In other news: My body would simply NOT do lunges today. It was the most frustrating thing ever. It was as if my lower body were made of lead. I'd get in position, kneel down, and that was it. Nothing. I tried both legs several times, lengthened/shortened my stride. Dead legs. Isn't that weird? So, I e-mailed Amy and she said my body must still be trashed from that horrendous workout on Wednesday (how pathetic am I?) and, for me to stretch lots and drink fluids and don't do anything tomorrow, not even clean house or do yard work!!! How cool is that?
Recap: I'm pathetic, but, have a written excuse for work. I'd say that's a decent trade-off.

Jill Zimmerman 11-23-2008 06:10 AM

Absolutely if she says rest then do it. Woohoo free pass. Sorry about the IBS, I know it's miserable.

Next time you try lunges do this (NOT UNTIL YOU REST FIRST). She has probably told you this already. I could not do lunges at all at first then watched a Crossfit video. I was like trying to "pull up" with the back leg. My power lifting buddy, when I asked him said "you are just too week". What an a*s, no help at all. So I looked it up and found I was supposed to have all my weight over my front foot which I was not doing and you push up with the front leg back leg more follows along. I may not be describing this right. After that I could do them just fine. I think it is a video on walking lunges. If you can find it it is well worth watching, helped me immensely. I was not engaging the right muscles and I would get down there and like you not be able to get back up.

Kudos on being able to do burpees, I can't really. I have shoulder issues and have a terrible time with pushups. And the squat thrust part doesn't work very well for me either.

Sharon Goff 11-25-2008 05:06 AM

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Magenta"]My body and I have come to an understanding. I think. We'll see....

Monday's workout:
I can't remember the warm-up, I was talking too much.
Jump ropex50
kettle bell throws? x21
jumping pull-ups x9
3 rounds

Things I hate about myself: getting out of breathe,no, worse than that, not being able to breath after, like 5 jumping ropes.:mad:
I also hate that I worry about getting out of breathe for a good 12 hours before the workout.
Also, I H-A-T-E that I can NOT seem to change my appearance no matter how hard I work at it!!:shrug:
Things I love about myself: I love that I can do kettle bell throws. I love that I have a strong constitution.:super: I L-O-V-E that I can laugh at myself. I love that I can tell I'm getting better at form and function of this CF thing. Oh, and I love my trainer Amy who is working every bit as hard as I am, and even though she won't admit it, I think she probably cries over me too. I:love:U Amsie Wamsie! (and you're girls too):highfive:
Pinky[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Sharon Goff 11-26-2008 05:51 PM

[COLOR="Magenta"][FONT="Arial Black"]I skipped out on my workout today!! I had the most starving day today---it was that horrible shaky kind of weak hunger and I just couldn't do it. I just couldn't...........
I must prepare to die on Friday morning. Oh well, the dread will at least keep me from eating too much Thanksgiving feast tomorrow.
Pinkity[/FONT][/COLOR]

Jill Zimmerman 11-26-2008 05:58 PM

[QUOTE=Sharon Goff;456402][COLOR="Magenta"][FONT="Arial Black"]I skipped out on my workout today!! I had the most starving day today---it was that horrible shaky kind of weak hunger and I just couldn't do it. I just couldn't...........
I must prepare to die on Friday morning. Oh well, the dread will at least keep me from eating too much Thanksgiving feast tomorrow.
Pinkity[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Ah don't say stuff like that, have a nice non overstufffed meal tomorrow and no dying on Friday young lady, I will not hear of it. Take a break it's OK. All I did was ride to work and back home and I am sitting here freezing, not swimming not WODing so I feel for you because I am right there with you.
And we still we do more than most folks...

:love::love:

Sharon Goff 11-26-2008 06:18 PM

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Impact"]Thanks jz I'm pretty much sitting here in tears over the whole weight thing!
I just found a ton of stuff about caffeine and stress causing weight gain, or , not allowing one to lose weight. Okay, I pretty much live off of coffee. Strong, Black Coffee. Zero Calories, Pure Energy. It's what resurrects me each morning and transforms me into Miss Sharon Preschool Teacher Extraordinaire. But, I think in all fairness to my new workout and eating plan, I must give it up fully realizing that I will become the Clark Kent of School and everyone will say what's the matter with you? Why aren't you entertaining us with your hilarious, lively tales? Are you in a bad mood? We've never ever seen you in a bad mood!
Crimineys!!! Life sucks[/FONT][/COLOR]

Jill Zimmerman 11-26-2008 07:43 PM

I could not give up coffee but I can deal with less. I never even notice if I have a regular cup and not the coffeehouse to-go huge as* mug. Just try cutting back before you give it up. See if that helps.
Are you logging your food somewhere? That is imperitive. A Boston Crossfit guy told me Weight Watchers worked great for his clients, easier than the Zone.

I'd try Zone flavored WW or South Beach. Meaning "point wise" you could eat poptarts and stay within your points but no one wants you to eat that crap. SB took most of my weight off of me. That and my pitifully slow running. People laugh at me I am so slow ***** them.

Keep it up and don't worry it will come off or will firm up. I had a friend with Cushing's disease. It puts a ton of weight on you - Hormonal but I don't really understand how it works. Has that been ruled out?

Sharon Goff 11-27-2008 03:47 PM

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Magenta"]I've tried South Beach, Adkins, Weight Watchers, Paleo, Doctor prescribed, Nutri-system, Weigh-down Workshop (stupid one), low-fat, and simply cutting back. Nothing has worked. I'm an anomaly. [/COLOR][/FONT]

Sharon Goff 11-27-2008 03:50 PM

Oh, I'll have to look up Cushings. The only thing I know about it, is that it's a popular diagnosis on House.....and usually wrong.

Sara Fleming 12-04-2008 07:41 PM

Sharon,

Just checking in on you.

You know, it takes 30 days to make a habit of anything. This stuff is hard, its way harder than most people will ever attempt so don't beat yourself up too much.

Baby steps, my friend, baby steps. Most of us have been baby stepping our way here for years and years.

Keep on coming, focus on working on that strength. Practice lifting heavy things over your head and change will happen before you know it. In fact, you probably won't even notice it. You'll be lifting something heavy over your head one day and your pants will fall down. And you won't know whether to be embarassed or elated.

Hang in there. You can do it. Keep posting on your log. It will keep you here.

I am a trainer as well and have a few clients in your shoes and so could relate immediately when Amy first posted about you. Just wanted to give you some words of encouragement and let you know that I am thinking of you and cheering you on.

Sara

PS. I think if you tried REAL saerkraut, you might actually like it. :p

Jill Zimmerman 12-04-2008 08:50 PM

Come back, I took a break after my sister read my log and got really ****ed and we had a big fight. But I came back and keep plugging away because this is one of the truly positive things I do in my life. Don't stop. At least let us know you're OK.

Sharon Goff 12-18-2008 11:19 AM

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Magenta"]Hi Everyone! I'm so touched that I was missed!! I'm totally fine and still working out. Check out [url]www.crossfitnrv.com[/url] to see proof!
Still no weight loss, no change in the way clothes fit, but I feel sooooo much better (in spite of being sore all the time) my range of motion has dramatically improved. I can do a complete squat--I mean down to the floor AND come back up again!! I've almost doubled the amount of jumping ropes I can do before dying, and, best of all, underneath the fat on my arms, there's an awesome muscle growing!! Only one more day of preschool before Christmas break, so I can catch up on my posting then. Since Thanksgiving we've been ultra busy!! I missed one whole week because of a miserable head/sinus/inner ear thing, but I'm CFing everyday this week to help make up for it. Yahooey....[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Jill Zimmerman 12-18-2008 11:44 AM

Yes batwings are great to have go and muscle replace them. My preschool teacher buddy had a kid bat her's back and forth while she was carrying him and say "What's this?". She was mortified. That's what got her back to the gym. They're gone now.
Good for you on jumpropes I am just starting that. And I suck big time. My hat's off to you.:kicking0:

Sharon Goff 12-18-2008 12:40 PM

Oh I have one better than that! One of my preschool boys was playing with my arm fat during circle time and says, "Hey, look-it! Miss Sharon's arms are made of flubber!" I figure everybody has to be famous for something....
S

Sara Fleming 12-24-2008 04:38 AM

Great work Sharon! Glad to see you back!

Enjoy your holidays, the pain will stop soon, at least for a little while. :D

Sara

Sharon Goff 12-28-2008 04:25 PM

Well, I've made it thru Christmas with no weight gain. Still no weight loss though...
Tomorrow I'm going to talk about CFing more than 3 times a week. I might even try some fasting. I don't know....
My New Years goal is to do better on my posting!!!

Sharon Goff 01-05-2009 04:34 PM

[COLOR="Magenta"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Monday, January 5, 2009
Fran:15-12-9 Thrusters w/15 lb bar and pull-ups with pull-up strap
warm-up was
2 rounds of
Samson stretches
sit-ups
ring balance
push-ups
MAX push-ups: 18 on parallete on knees.

I've lost 4 inches since I started October 27th. No weight loss, but hey 4 inches is 4 inches!!
Beginning today, I am officially CFing every possible day that I can. Either in the gym, or my beloved Amy C. will assign me homework.
Go Me!![/FONT][/COLOR]

Sharon Goff 01-06-2009 05:07 AM

owie, owie, OWIE! I totally deserve to not be able to lift my coffee cup to my lips. But, OWIE, OWIE, OWIE!!!!

Sharon Goff 01-10-2009 07:59 AM

I sure am glad hardly anyone checks on my posts, 'cause I am really bad at it!
Frankly, by the time I get home from work/CF I'm a pathetic jiggly pile of jello-including my brain!
Anyway--here goes...
Tuesday1/6
squat thrusts
dead lifts
shoulder presses
I can't remember how many, but they weren't good at all---waaaaay too sore.
Wednesday 1/7
slam ball (my fave) intervals
a bunch of practice on form
I have a new buddy, Marcia! Yippee!! She's old like me, but not fat at all. Can't have everything I guess.
Thursday 1/8
snowday!
20 each
push-ups (on knees0
pretend pull-ups ( I reeeeeeally need a pull-up bar)
sit-ups (arms extended)
air squats
Friday 1/9
AMRAP /1 minute interval
ring pulls 10/27/08 14 1/9/09 19
wall push-ups 29 40
air squats 18 17---but much better form
sit-ups 28 31---much better form
Today 1/10
I will jump rope!!

Sharon Goff 01-10-2009 01:24 PM

Okay, so I've made up my own slogan and I'm making a t-shirt for myself to wear. The name of my gym is Crossfit NRV (New River Valley)

On the front of my shirt it's going to say
CrossFit NRV
The NeRVe to make you cry
On the back it will say
The results to make you smile

Yes, I know, it's awesome...thank you, thank you, thank you

Sharon Goff 01-14-2009 03:24 PM

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Magenta"]Wednesday January 14, 2009

Meanwhile I've had a hateful ole bug that rendered me totally useless for several days. But not this day!

Warm-up:
walking samson stretches
push-ups (mine were the fake wall kind)
sit-ups---mine are getting better
hanging swinging things
box dips
overhead squat practice with a plain stick
By this time I was sweaty, hot and praying the actual work-out would be merciful....it wasn't. Are any of them??
We named this workout Marcia's Headache in honor of my new buddy who is a much better beginner than myself!!
So,
Marcia's Headache
75 jump ropes (mine were pretend)
25 squats
X 4 for time!! I did mine in 6 minutes something, I forgot to write down the seconds, maybe 19?
Now I'm quivering with my entire upper body propped on the computer desk trying to type.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Sharon Goff 01-16-2009 04:58 PM

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Magenta"]01/16/09

I'm trying to upload a picture for everyone to see. It's a one time only thing.
I dead lifted more weight than my hubby:highfive:
5x5 ending at 150 lbs. (ironically my goal weight, so I basically dead lifted myself!):super:
Go Me!!![/COLOR][/FONT]