CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Community (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Official Logsitall.com Thread - Post Here! (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=21746)

George Mounce 10-04-2007 05:30 PM

Re: Official Logsitall.com Thread - Post Here!

Please continue to support this site!

I've noticed that most people want it to compare named WODs rather then daily, is this the general consensus?

Brandon Oto 10-05-2007 12:15 AM

Hope not, half the benefit is seeing how you stand on a new and novel workout.

I do think that interest is probably not high in logging MEs, though.

Bill Patton 10-05-2007 06:05 AM

it will be interesting to see how this grows - the application i built for concept2 started out as a pure ranking, but it quickly became apparent that most people were just using it as a logbook, not ranking anything at all.

For logsitall - i've just set it up so that you can share a view of all the workouts you've logged in the system with friends, coaches, etc. in a controlled fashion. For instance you can decide to share your crossfit named workouts but not your crossfit bodyweight ones. I'm thinking that this might make a good addition to the journal thread here - time will tell.

in the meantime:
CrossFit Standings/Rankings (w/f/s): [url]www.LogsItAll.com/crossfit[/url]
Main log (w/f/s): [url]www.LogsItAll.com[/url]

as always - please pm or email me with feature suggestions, bugs, etc.

-bill patton
[email]wkpatton@aol.com[/email]

Brandon Oto 10-05-2007 06:22 AM

To get people to use it in place of their personal logs, it may need more power. Bigger comments field (for details/remarks) would be a basic way, but more indexable fields (for things like subjective intensity/difficulty and so on) would be what I'd need.

Bill Patton 10-05-2007 07:53 AM

brandon - you've got it.

1. i'll work on expanding the display of the comments field. this should be easy.

2. more 'indexable' field - clever idea. Can you post/pm or email me with the heading and i'll add it to one of the workouts classes as a test. The structure of logsitall allows me to quickly (almost instantly) deploy new headings or fields to the log - i set it up this way knowing that as people used it they would want to push the functionality...

-bp

[QUOTE=Brandon Oto;201140]To get people to use it in place of their personal logs, it may need more power. Bigger comments field (for details/remarks) would be a basic way, but more indexable fields (for things like subjective intensity/difficulty and so on) would be what I'd need.[/QUOTE]

Ole Jørgen Brønner 11-17-2007 09:14 AM

Not very improtant at the moment I guess, but for me to invest lots of time logging to a online system, I'd want to be able to get my data out in a machine-readable format.

Bill Patton 11-18-2007 11:37 AM

[QUOTE=Ole Jørgen Brønner;216744]Not very improtant at the moment I guess, but for me to invest lots of time logging to a online system, I'd want to be able to get my data out in a machine-readable format.[/QUOTE]

ole - i agree 100% - this was a feature i added very early on with the concept2 online ranking - and is one that is near the top of the list for logsitall.com - we have a system in place that will deliver results in xml format - however i'd like to also have a simple csv or text version in place as well. i expect to have this very soon.

regards
bill patton

Sean Kufel 11-19-2007 07:27 AM

[QUOTE=George Mounce;200988]
I've noticed that most people want it to compare named WODs rather then daily, is this the general consensus?[/QUOTE]

I'd agree with this. I'm following the workout schedule of my affiliate and not the main CrossFit page, so the named workouts are my best progress trackers regardless of the dates on which I do them.

George Mounce 11-19-2007 07:51 AM

Thanks for the input. So far Logisitall has tons of data now to compare WOD times with other people around the country (and world!).

Still needs some tweaking for "round" WODs like Cindy, but its getting there!

Aushion Chatman 11-26-2007 11:30 AM

George or Bill,

Is it possible to add the 30 MUs for time WOD to your standings area, that WOD isn't named but shows up quite often, I can't think of any other WODs like that one...maybe someone should just name that one??