CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Chantal's Workout Log (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=29359)

Chantal Brien 03-23-2008 09:27 PM

Chantal's Workout Log

I recently started Crossfit and have been really impressed with the program so far. I've decided to start using the log on the site to keep track of my progress (and for the extra motivation that posting my results in a public forum will provide). Today's WOD was Clean and Jerk 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps, but as I've never tried a clean and jerk (or even just a clean) I decided to work on form and find my 1 rep max. I started off with a hockey stick and then moved to a body bar before trying the following with a barbell.25/25/35/35/40/40/45/45/55/55/60/60/65/65/70/70/75/75/85f/85f/85/85f
Except for the 85s, I did one split with right leg forward and then a second leading with my left. I tried to get the 85 with the left leg but just didn't have enough left in me. Something to work on for next time...

Chantal Brien 03-24-2008 04:51 PM

Re: Chantal's Workout Log

I'm still working towards my first pull-up so I did today's workout on the Gravitron. It took me 37 min to get through 120 pull-ups and 120 dips with half my body weight (80lbs) taken off. Lots of room for improvement next time, but I'm still happy with the effort I put in. I did these in 10 sets of 12 alternating long and short breaks between sets. I really hope that tomorrow's WOD isn't upper body intensive as I had trouble lifting my fork to my mouth for supper tonight :).

Chantal Brien 03-27-2008 12:48 PM

Helen

After spending the morning chasing down paperwork from people in my squadron I had some frusteration to work out at the gym and finished in 9min50sec (a drop of 25 seconds off my time since my first Helen a couple weeks ago). I used a 15 lb dumbell and did jumping pullups but did the runs as rx'd.

Chantal Brien 03-28-2008 02:24 PM

Max Split Jerk WOD

I was finally able to get access to the bumper plates in the gym today after convincing the PSP staff that I wouldn't kill myself with them, unfortunately, I had to use them by the track where there is no rack so I did clean & jerks instead of just split jerks. I did CFWU and the 4 practice runs with just the barbell and then worked my way up to a PR :).
65/75/85/95f/95/95f/95/100
I really need to work on coming to full extension and then getting under the bar instead of doing a power clean but I was overall really happy with today (especially with the PR).

Alix Clark 03-28-2008 03:42 PM

Hey Chantal - I'm new to CF too and absolutely loving it so far. Great to read logs from other chicks to get motivated and see what everyone else is up to.

have a great weekend.

a

Chantal Brien 04-11-2008 04:31 AM

First of all, thank-you Alix and good luck with your CrossFit training!

I haven't posted for a while because I've went to Italy for the International Institute of Humanitarian Law Military Acadamies Competition and then came back and had 3 days to finish my thesis presentation. My group's project was doing the preliminary design for a satellite and we discovered a critical computation error less than 24 hrs before the presentation so the last few days have been pretty crazy.

While in Italy workouts consisted of running (hills and LSD), swimming and everyone's favorite sport - consume as much Italian vino as you can, find your way back to your hotel and then wake up and be in uniform the next morning by the time your JOC get going... While I didn't compete every night (something I've learned from CrossFit - It's important to build rest into every demanding training program) I had a great time getting to know my counterparts from around the world.

Chantal Brien 04-11-2008 08:09 PM

I felt like getting a workout in today even though it's officially a rest day as I haven't been to the gym yet this week (combination of thesis/being really sick earlier in the week). I decided to make up the 4x800m workout because I hate short/fast runs. Apparently I run 800m in 4:11 pretty consistently regardless of brutal the later repeats feel (though the gym staff kicked me off the track so they could close as I was 180m from finishing the last 800 so I might have been slower that round...). I'm feeling pretty brutalized but looking forward to tomorrow's WOD :).

Chantal Brien 04-12-2008 08:03 PM

10km run

This was brutal and I'm not quite sure why. Normally I love LSDs and 10km is right up my alley. Not only did I not want to go out and do it, I felt drained while I was out there. I normally try and push myself to go faster, especially on hills, but today it was a fight just to keep running on level ground. I didn't even run the full 10 and opted for a 8km run instead and it took me 58:58 to do it. Its probably the residual efects of being sick earlier this week, not sleeping enough due to the thesis and not eating well due to the combination of the two factors mentioned previously... I'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow and go from there.

Chantal Brien 04-13-2008 06:24 PM

15 Seconds of thruster/pullups/burpies x5

There was no way I was going to be able to do this one as rx'd (135# Thrusters, 50# pullups and burpies all done for 15 seconds with 45 seconds break before the next exercise x 5 rounds) so I scaled to 40# thrusters (a 20# dumbbell in each hand), jumping pullups and burpies.
Thrusters 10 7 8 7 8
Jumping Pullups 10 11 12 12 14
Burpies 6 6 6 6 6
I didn't think this one had beasted my as badly as I thought it would...until I tried walking up the stairs to the lab.

On a very exciting note - I got my first kipped pullup during warmup today:)! I was able to get three (very ugly ones) in total but I still can't do them consecutively so that's my next goal.

Erin Davidson 04-13-2008 06:26 PM

Hey Chantal! One kipping pullup sounds like a great start to many...Keep it up!

I've been checking in on your log by the way...pretty hardcore. I look forward to keeping up with your progress. :)