CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Stuff and Nonsense (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Silver Linings (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=26519)

Susie Rosenberg 01-22-2008 07:19 PM

Silver Linings

There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it. For example I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.

Susie

David Aguasca 01-22-2008 10:38 PM

Re: Silver Linings

i am glad to be alive.

i am grateful that i have food to eat, every day.

i am happy that i have a bed i can sleep soundly in.

i am overjoyed by the people that i interact with on a day to day basis, both the ones that i love and the ones that i don't.

Philip Borde 01-23-2008 09:15 AM

I'm grateful that I get to see my wife everyday.

We spent the last 3 years living 1500 miles apart because I was military and she stayed in NM for school. Then I got deployed and it was even worse. Now I'm back in the states and after much begging the Air Force stationed me in New Mexico! Everyday when she walks in the door brightens my day.

Lenora Galitz-Pfeffer 01-23-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susie Rosenberg (Post 245993)
There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it. For example I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.

Susie

One of the funniest lines I've ever read! True too! :rofl:

Lenora Galitz-Pfeffer 01-23-2008 11:31 AM

I am grateful for being able to get in and out of bed, down and up out of a seat, and drive my car. I have a joyful life, happy marriage, and abundance of healthful food. My home is paid for, and we can heat it. :)

Brandon Oto 01-23-2008 11:52 AM

I am grateful that silver linings have an anti-microbial property, helping to reduce odors.

Er... wait, what are we doing.

Lenora Galitz-Pfeffer 01-23-2008 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon Oto (Post 246328)
I am grateful that silver linings have an anti-microbial property, helping to reduce odors.

Er... wait, what are we doing.

LMAO:rofl:

Cal Jones 01-23-2008 12:29 PM

Well you know, Susie, you have a point there.
A friend of mine - not a very close friend, but someone I knew from an online game, and who I'd met several times, and who was an all round good guy - died from aggressive lymphoma on Saturday. He was only 30. And much as I ***** and moan about getting older, I've come to realise that it is actually a privilege. Not everyone gets that chance.

Lenora Galitz-Pfeffer 01-23-2008 12:32 PM

I'm grateful that I can use my level of fitness in comedy. I'll be talking about it at The Broadway Comedy Club in NYC on feb 16. Sometimes I'm the joker. Sometimes I'm the joke. ;)

Andy Wagner 01-23-2008 01:19 PM

This may sound sappy -- I am grateful for my wife and two children. I am grateful to live in a country and a time where I have a decent job, a warm home and I don't have to worry where my next meal is coming from (as long as my wife cooks it. Otherwise that may become a concern).