CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Power Rings (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=14050)

George Zegas 04-04-2007 08:36 AM

I live in Toronto, any idea were I can pick up a pair of power rings? i tried ringtraining.com but the site is down...any suggestions?

Thomas Covington 04-04-2007 09:15 AM

gillathletics.com

CF gets a discount here too

Jon Gilson 04-04-2007 11:08 AM

George,

I'm a Gill dealer, and I'd normally handle PowerMax Rings requests, but I cannot ship over the border. I do have a contact in Canada that can help you.

Call Ian at JumpStart Athletics in Edminton, Alberta. You can reach him at 877 437 3885 or jstart@interbaun.com.

Best,

Jon

(Message edited by again_faster on April 04, 2007)

(Message edited by again_faster on April 04, 2007)

Tyler Hass 04-04-2007 11:19 AM

George,
I'm not sure why the website was down or when you tried, but it's up and running right now.
I do ship to Canada. You can check my website www.ringtraining.com for the exact shipping price on the items you want to buy.
I have a distributor in Calgary, but none in Toronto yet. If you e-mail me at info@ringtraining.com I can put you in touch with him if you would like.

Tyler

Peter Queen 04-04-2007 11:30 AM

Hi Tyler, just a quick note, your site might still be having some server/network issues. I just got this message when I posted your site on another CF thread a few minutes ago.

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

Note: my browser settings are fine.

Thomas Covington 04-04-2007 12:59 PM

Sorry for the bad info. I did not realize shipping to Canada was an issue for US based Co's.

Tyler Hass 04-04-2007 03:24 PM

Peter,
I upgraded to a new server. I talked to my hosting company and they said that it sometimes takes a while for other servers to clear their cache and find my new server. Hopefully the problem will be cleared up within the next 12-24 hours.
Thanks for letting me know about it.

Tyler

Franklin Shogie 04-04-2007 04:21 PM

Tyler,

your website is fine and your rings work well too. My kids love them...

Tyler Hass 04-05-2007 02:04 AM

Franklin,
Thanks, I'm glad to hear you and your kids are enjoying the rings. I wish I had them when I was a kid...

Tyler

Peter Queen 04-05-2007 08:32 AM

Ahhhh, yeah. Servers are annoying when they do not auto-update their cache to re-map to new sites or other upgraded servers. Being in IT, I know the headaches.

BTW: I can access your site now. The issue could have been from the servers that are networked in my section of the Internet. I did not have time to ping it to see how many bounces I got...sorry, getting a little too geeky now.:alien2:
Love your site by the way. I posted it yesterday in response to Josh’s “How far apart to hang rings?” thread from yesterday.
:biggrinthumb: