CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 08-21-2010 06:13 PM

Re: Nik

I have to beat 15:08 tomorrow.

Nik Nichols 08-22-2010 01:28 PM

400 meter Walking lunge

386 lunges(or right there , not 100% on steps, but real close)
time 13:16
last time 15:08

temp at the track 103 degree.

Scott Jenkins 08-23-2010 12:30 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;831761]400 meter Walking lunge

386 lunges(or right there , not 100% on steps, but real close)
time 13:16
last time 15:08

temp at the track 103 degree.[/QUOTE]

Nice PR Nik , great work, hope your quads are feeling ok this morning.

Nik Nichols 08-23-2010 06:50 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;831939]Nice PR Nik , great work, hope your quads are feeling ok this morning.[/QUOTE]

Hey Scott, feeling pretty good, yea I'm sore, but not to the point of walking funny. No big DOMS yet. I'll be rolling ect for it all today.

I'm so glad it is a rest day. The weather is calling for record highs of 1076 degree today. Even if we don't hit it, it is going to be really hot, and more to come this week.

On a great note. Cathy and I will be going for a long weekent to Sandles in Montigobay Jamica for our anniversery. I dont know if I'll be able to check the mainpage or if I will be able to get online, but they have free weights and a gym, so I will be getting something in.

WFS [url]http://www.sandals.com/main/montego/mo-amenities.cfm[/url]

Oh yea, I was pretty happy with the lunges in all, glad to get it done faster. I carried the stop watch with me nad a towl, the towl came in real handy to keep sweat out of my eyes.

I was at 5min almost exactly at the half way mark, so I was pretty sure of being faster. I was fighting the thought to step at the top of each lunge as kinda of a rest. I'd lunge stand and touch my foot to the ground at the stand of each rep, I'd push through a few times, and was just graze my foot at the top.

That and focusing on breathing was the key.

Scott Jenkins 08-23-2010 07:11 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;832035]Hey Scott, feeling pretty good, yea I'm sore, but not to the point of walking funny. No big DOMS yet. I'll be rolling ect for it all today.

I'm so glad it is a rest day. The weather is calling for record highs of 1076 degree today. Even if we don't hit it, it is going to be really hot, and more to come this week.

On a great note. Cathy and I will be going for a long weekent to Sandles in Montigobay Jamica for our anniversery. I dont know if I'll be able to check the mainpage or if I will be able to get online, but they have free weights and a gym, so I will be getting something in.

WFS [url]http://www.sandals.com/main/montego/mo-amenities.cfm[/url]

Oh yea, I was pretty happy with the lunges in all, glad to get it done faster. I carried the stop watch with me nad a towl, the towl came in real handy to keep sweat out of my eyes.

I was at 5min almost exactly at the half way mark, so I was pretty sure of being faster. I was fighting the thought to step at the top of each lunge as kinda of a rest. I'd lunge stand and touch my foot to the ground at the stand of each rep, I'd push through a few times, and was just graze my foot at the top.

That and focusing on breathing was the key.[/QUOTE]

That resort looks great Nik, fantastic beach and sure there's some palm trees for you to hang off. Was the destination Cathy's choice or did Ja mai ca?

Its always good when you get to a point in a workout that you can see a PR is coming for definate, sometimes its hard not to take your foot off the peddle and coast in for a PR. Glad the DOMS are not too bad, keep rolling though else they will get you.

Nik Nichols 08-23-2010 11:05 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;832048]That resort looks great Nik, fantastic beach and sure there's some palm trees for you to hang off. Was the destination Cathy's choice or did Ja mai ca?

Its always good when you get to a point in a workout that you can see a PR is coming for definate, sometimes its hard not to take your foot off the peddle and coast in for a PR. Glad the DOMS are not too bad, keep rolling though else they will get you.[/QUOTE]

We had gone there twice now, We went on our honey moon and got froced out due to a hurricane, and got a free stay for it. Cathy actually set it up as a suprise for me nad her for our anniversery. I love the place. I will be doing some beach swim workouts too.

I didn't get to roll at lunch, I went with a friend of mine for lunch. I'm starting to get sore now. I will have to roll at 3 and tonight to keep it at bay.

Scott Jenkins 08-23-2010 01:07 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;832211]We had gone there twice now, We went on our honey moon and got froced out due to a hurricane, and got a free stay for it. Cathy actually set it up as a suprise for me nad her for our anniversery. I love the place. I will be doing some beach swim workouts too.

I didn't get to roll at lunch, I went with a friend of mine for lunch. I'm starting to get sore now. I will have to roll at 3 and tonight to keep it at bay.[/QUOTE]

My advice would be too totally lay off the weights for the weekend and use nature for your training, like the sea and sand is great for a new kind of running, find a large rock and throw it.. hope you have a hurricane free break this time around Nik.

Nik Nichols 08-23-2010 01:49 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;832293]My advice would be too totally lay off the weights for the weekend and use nature for your training, like the sea and sand is great for a new kind of running, find a large rock and throw it.. hope you have a hurricane free break this time around Nik.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a great idea. I will, and get in a few swim workouts, there is this floating deck you can swim to, I was thinkind of doing something like swim out get on it do pushups or something then swing back for situps or burpees, or find that rock like you said, and do rounds of that. oh and hand stand practice.

Nik Nichols 08-23-2010 01:49 PM

3:00 break
15 min rolling glutes(painfull) hams, quads, IT band(painfull)

Laurie Smith 08-23-2010 01:56 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;832335]3:00 break
15 min rolling glutes(painfull) hams, quads, IT band(painfull)[/QUOTE]

EXTREMELY PAINFUL!!!!

I rolled out and did the Burgener Warmup on my lunch and it hurt so bad. Especially my butt. I couldn't even sit on a padded mat without being in pain. :(