CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Scott Jenkins 05-28-2009 06:00 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;597141]Yea, I figured, I read on Patrick's blog about the qualifier that he was suprised the women weren't jerking on their thrusters.

I never had jerked a thruster. I also never kipped a dip, and I saw a lot of it in the qualifiers. Not that I see anything worg with it. A lot of times I find I'm doing things the hard way. Just trying to clarify movement. NO jerk.[/QUOTE]

Im not a big fan of kipping ring dips, I only start when I fail with normal ring dips, I can usually do Elizabeth without needing the kip. NO Jerk Nik, do not Jerk.

In Patrick's qualifier it was a special standard, plus they were doing multiple reps not a 1RM effort.

Nik Nichols 05-28-2009 06:04 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;597148]Im not a big fan of kipping ring dips, I only start when I fail with normal ring dips, I can usually do Elizabeth without needing the kip. NO Jerk Nik, do not Jerk.

In Patrick's qualifier it was a special standard, plus they were doing multiple reps not a 1RM effort.[/QUOTE]

I have never jerked a thruster so it will be easy not to. 187lbs trhuster is strong, what are you looking to get today?

Scott Jenkins 05-28-2009 06:10 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;597150]I have never jerked a thruster so it will be easy not to. 187lbs trhuster is strong, what are you looking to get today?[/QUOTE]

90K/198lb would be pleasing, but anything over 200lb would be mightily fine.

Afterwards Im doing this because its my birthday and I get to train extra:-

21-15-9
HSPU's
Deadhang Pull ups

Scott Jenkins 05-28-2009 06:11 AM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;597146]Yeah NIk no jerk on the thrusters. It ends up being a front squat with a push press action when it starts getting real heavy lol. I believe i did between 185-195 last time. I'm gonna check my records lol.

Hey i actually finished barbara. I hadn't completed it the previous 2 times it came up cuz of pukie. But i whipped her a$$ yesterday lol.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like we are very close on the thrusters Ernie. Get your barbara numbers up , its time to compare :evilsmile

Nik Nichols 05-28-2009 06:17 AM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;597146]Yeah NIk no jerk on the thrusters. It ends up being a front squat with a push press action when it starts getting real heavy lol. I believe i did between 185-195 last time. I'm gonna check my records lol.

Hey i actually finished barbara. I hadn't completed it the previous 2 times it came up cuz of pukie. But i whipped her a$$ yesterday lol.[/QUOTE]

Good work getting barbara done, those breaks do somthing to you, I felt sick for a wile after it like befor. I have never maxed on thrusters, so it will be fun. No jerk.

Nik Nichols 05-28-2009 06:20 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;597153]90K/198lb would be pleasing, but anything over 200lb would be mightily fine.

Afterwards Im doing this because its my birthday and I get to train extra:-

21-15-9
HSPU's
Deadhang Pull ups[/QUOTE]

OOOOOO, that sounds really hard with dead hang pullups!! The HSPU's put me out of that though. I cheated on the twins with wide grip, but I do proper HSPU's when I practice or it is not a WOD. I have some real work to do to get them proper and in a WOD.

Ernie Guevara 05-28-2009 06:23 AM

ok guys i checked my records and my pr on the thrusters is 200lbs. Done when it came up in january. I don't know how close ill get today cuz my thighs are sooooooooree from barbara!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATE!!! HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR DAY!!

Scott Jenkins 05-28-2009 06:23 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;597164]OOOOOO, that sounds really hard with dead hang pullups!! The HSPU's put me out of that though. I cheated on the twins with wide grip, but I do proper HSPU's when I practice or it is not a WOD. I have some real work to do to get them proper and in a WOD.[/QUOTE]

I am hoping to get more than 10 consecutive although doing them after all the thrusters might take some power away. You should keep your arms at SP width but put an abmat underneath and then when you get good with the abmat take it away.

Nik Nichols 05-28-2009 07:00 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;597168]I am hoping to get more than 10 consecutive although doing them after all the thrusters might take some power away. You should keep your arms at SP width but put an abmat underneath and then when you get good with the abmat take it away.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I can do a few like that but I run out of strenth really fast with them. I have been shoulder pressing and doing what I can with proper HSPU's, they will come in time and work.

Nik Nichols 05-28-2009 08:15 AM

10:00 break
10 reps front squat 105lbs

2 rounds
10 reps barbell roll out(knees)
30 sec each, ring planch, front , side, side
10 ghd situps.