CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=37110)

Stephen R. Lampl 02-11-2009 10:01 PM

Re: Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log

[I][B]WEDNESDAY 090211

REST DAY.

Functional Workout - - more snow shoveling. No snowblower today.....had to clear 1/2 the driveway quickly and did it all by hand - - moved about 250 - 300 cubic feet in just under about 30 min.

Didn't even really breathe hard [/B](this wasn't the case last year!!) [B]Thank you, CF! :pepper:[/B]
[/I]

Justin McGinley 02-12-2009 07:08 AM

[QUOTE=Stephen R. Lampl;516766]

Didn't even really breathe hard [/B](this wasn't the case last year!!) [B]Thank you, CF! :pepper:[/B]
[/I][/QUOTE]

Little changes like these are around to show you that you are doing something right.

Pullups are looking great too. Keep on keepin' on.

Stephen R. Lampl 02-13-2009 12:43 AM

[quote=Justin McGinley;516900]Little changes like these are around to show you that you are doing something right.

Pullups are looking great too. Keep on keepin' on.[/quote]

Thanks, Justin.

Stephen R. Lampl 02-13-2009 01:10 AM

[I][B]THURSDAY 090212

8" of new snow overnight....

Functional WOD - - Cleared about 400 - 500 cubic feet in about 20 minutes so I could get to training. This one had me working and breathing hard....

Training Class:
Warm-up:
Run 1 min @ 5.5 MPH, Walk 1 min @ 4.0 MPH, Squat 1 min - 35 squats.
Shoulder dislocates X 15, body circles 5 X 2.

Push Press training - rudiments w/ PVC.

WOD: AMRAP in 10 minutes:
10 X 14# Wall Ball shots
10 X 50# Push Presses
Total = 9 rounds + 9 wall ball shots
[/B]Note: I don't know how, but this short metcon darn near killed me.....simply WICKED!
[B]
Jump Rope Singles 3 X 100, 1 X 50 [/B](Right Achilles started to ache a bit - - didn't want to chance injury - - quit).
[B]DU Practice (gtg) = over approx. 20 min. period. [/B]Got numerous DUs one at a time (lost count, but estimate about 25 - 30), but couldn't chain 'em together today.....

[B]Tuck Jumps 3 X 10

Lat Pull Downs [/B](Paid strict attention to form, bar to chest).
[B]WU = 85# X 15
115# X 3
120# X 3
125# X 3
130# X 3 (form started to suffer)
125# X 3

[/B]Left the gym worn out but satisfied today - - press form and DU practice is coming along.....
[/I]

Christin Street 02-13-2009 07:05 PM

Steve- Sorry I haven't been around. Great stuff happening here. You've been hittin' it hard ! High volume too!!

Stephen R. Lampl 02-14-2009 10:48 AM

[quote=Christin Street;518212]Steve- Sorry I haven't been around. Great stuff happening here. You've been hittin' it hard ! High volume too!![/quote]

Thanks, Christin. Really getting excited about the Cert in two weeks!

How's the back doing? I marvel at the fact that you just keep on "hittin' it", even if the back is killing you. What a great role model you are for those of us who'd wanna wuss out......

Have a great weekend!

Stephen R. Lampl 02-14-2009 10:57 AM

[I][B]FRIDAY 090213

[/B]Was going to take on "Fran" today, but it was not to be....company coming from out of town and very heavy snow overnight.

[B]Functional Workout:

Moved over 1200 cubic feet (over a foot of snow) - - slow going and still didn't beat the county plow, so had to deal with a 2.5 to 3 ft. high snow berm too! Approx. 2 hours.

[COLOR=Blue]And yes.....I still [U]love[/U] the snow! Bring it! :pepper::pepper::pepper:

[/COLOR][/B][/I][I][B]SATURDAY 090214

[/B]Company visiting - - more snow last night - - about 4 - 5 inches.

[B]Functional Workout:
Moved only about 400 - 500 cubic feet - - buddy helped :pepper:. Only about 1/2 an hour between the two of us.

[/B]Gonna see if I can make it to my globo later.....Fran is calling my name, can't keep her waiting too long...
[COLOR=DarkGreen]
[B]I'll try to catch up on everyone's logs a bit later - - might be after the weekend! Keep on Rockin' it![/B][/COLOR]
[/I]

Jenna Dodge 02-14-2009 02:32 PM

[QUOTE=Stephen R. Lampl;518484][I][B]FRIDAY 090213

[/B]Was going to take on "Fran" today, but it was not to be....company coming from out of town and very heavy snow overnight.

[B]Functional Workout:

Moved over 1200 cubic feet (over a foot of snow) - - slow going and still didn't beat the county plow, so had to deal with a 2.5 to 3 ft. high snow berm too! Approx. 2 hours.

[COLOR=Blue]And yes.....I still [U]love[/U] the snow! Bring it! :pepper::pepper::pepper:

[/COLOR][/B][/I][I][B]SATURDAY 090214

[/B]Company visiting - - more snow last night - - about 4 - 5 inches.

[B]Functional Workout:
Moved only about 400 - 500 cubic feet - - buddy helped :pepper:. Only about 1/2 an hour between the two of us.

[/B]Gonna see if I can make it to my globo later.....Fran is calling my name, can't keep her waiting too long...
[COLOR=DarkGreen]
[B]I'll try to catch up on everyone's logs a bit later - - might be after the weekend! Keep on Rockin' it![/B][/COLOR]
[/I][/QUOTE]

Holy snow removal, Batman!

Stephen R. Lampl 02-17-2009 03:20 PM

Hi Jenna,

Great new avatar! Yup....more snow than I've seen in years and certainly in the 4 1/2 since we've moved here. We've had over four feet now in about a week and a half. Absolutely love it!

[I][B]SATURDAY 090214 - - continuation.....
More Snow removal. Over three feet on the deck and in the utility trailer. Thought it best to clear if off before something broke.

Buddy and I moved about 250 cubic feet each.....I had the BIG shovel, so I got the workout! (Est 30 - 50# per shovel full). Felt better about no WOD for two straight days anyway....:D
[/B][/I]

Stephen R. Lampl 02-17-2009 03:35 PM

[I][B]SUNDAY 090215

REST DAY.......

MONDAY 090216

UNPLANNED REST DAY. Shoveled a bit more snow - - about 4 inches. Easy work......

TUESDAY 090217
Training Class.
Warm-up:
Treadmill - walk 3.00 minutes at 4.0 MPH
75' or 150' run + 1 burpee, 3 push-ups, or five squats. 15:00.
Jump Rope singles 30 sec X 3.

WOD - "Melissa"
AMRAP in 15:00
10 Push Press @ 50#
20 Squats
30 Jump Rope singles
Got 10 rounds + 10 PP, + 9 squats.

Pull-ups:
All dead-hang, strict form, and full extension/pause at the bottom...
5, 3, 3, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 2, 2 = 27 (all but five overhand grip).

When I got home....
Snow shoveling and snowblower wrangling...
Over a foot of snow fell last night and this morning; moved about 1200 cubic feet.....then the county plow came by and left me a two-foot high berm, so I moved about 300 more cu ft. Two hours approx. 30 to 50# per shovel full.

This stuff [U]has[/U] to help my overall strength.......(I hope)!
[/B]I'll try to catch up on everyone's logs this week!
[/I]