CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=37110)

Stephen R. Lampl 01-22-2009 08:31 PM

Re: Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log

[I][B]THURSDAY 090122

Warm-up:
Walk .25 mi @ 4.0 MPH
Run (jog) .25 mi @ 5.0 MPH
Walk .25 mi @ 4.0 MPH
Run (jog) .25 mi @ 6.0 MPH
Walk .25 mi @ 4.5 MPH
Total Dist. = 1.25 mi. [/B]Right knee felt great!

[B]CFWU X 3
[/B]Included 10 X 3 Shoulder dislocates, 10 X 3 body circles, 5 X 2; 3 X 1; 4 X 1 kipping pull-ups (17 total), squats 30 X 1. Increased GHD sit-ups and back ext. to 15 reps each per set.

[B]WOD - Main Page from 090121
[/B][B]For time:[/B][/I]
[I][B]HSPU: [/B]scaled to hooking feet over bar on Smith Machine, bar at 6th set of pins, all push-ups head to ground.[/I][I][B]
Pull-ups: [/B]First two sets as Rx'd. Last six sets, all pull-ups jumping "L" - - each round's number broken into 1's.
[/I][I][B]15 Handstand push-ups[/B] - scaled
[B]1 L Pull-up[/B]
[B]13 Handstand push-ups[/B] - scaled
[B]3 L Pull-ups[/B]
[B]11 Handstand push-ups[/B] - scaled
[B]5 L Pull-ups[/B] - jumping
[B]9 Handstand push-ups[/B] - scaled
[B]7 L Pull-ups[/B] - jumping
[B]7 Handstand push-ups [/B]- scaled
[B]9 L Pull-ups[/B] - jumping
[B]5 Handstand push-ups[/B] - scaled
[B]11 L Pull-ups [/B]- jumping
[B]3 Handstand push-ups [/B]- scaled
[B]13 L Pull-ups[/B] - jumping
[B]1 Handstand push-up[/B] - scaled
[B]15 L Pull-ups[/B][/I] - [I]jumping[/I]
[I][B]Time = 18:46[/B][/I]

This workout was fun! Even scaled, I was impressed as to how difficult it was. Can't wait until I'm strong enough to do the whole thing as Rx'd!

[I][B]New Year's Challenge
Day # 22 X 2 Burp-ups = 44 Burp-ups.
[/B]Broke into 11 X 2, 22 X 1 = 44.
[/I]

Charles Bennington 01-22-2009 09:00 PM

I can't tell you how happy I am for you that your knee is on point. Just freaking awesome!

Stephen R. Lampl 01-22-2009 10:43 PM

[quote=Charles Bennington;500257]I can't tell you how happy I am for you that your knee is on point. Just freaking awesome![/quote]

Thank you!! So glad it's finally working again! Slow and steady are the new words in my running vocabulary........And.....I need to learn how to fall properly...:D

Vanessa Sisson 01-22-2009 10:45 PM

Good work today, Stephen. You're really working hard. I love it. :D

Have fun with that challenge. :yikes: I tried the 100 day burpee challenge and I could not hang. Too many burpees not enough rest = tired everything!

Stephen R. Lampl 01-23-2009 12:10 AM

Thanks, Vanessa! This one stops at 31 days (62 burpups), so it's not as bad as the 100 burpee challenge. This is sure a good endurance builder, though!

Thanks for the encouragement on the hard work. I still new enough at this that I am fearful of injury if I push too hard, but I don't want to be too low on the intensity level. How do you know where to draw the line or how hard to push?

Carter Jee 01-23-2009 03:24 AM

gday mate....

saw your posts on the other threads and thought i'll have a look at your workout log.... accidently started at the very front (michael)....a quick mouse click over to the end and noticed that how much difference your times and lifts were!!!!

awesome!! love the title of the log too!!!!

Stephen R. Lampl 01-23-2009 05:04 PM

[quote=Carter Jee;500348]gday mate....

saw your posts on the other threads and thought i'll have a look at your workout log.... accidently started at the very front (michael)....a quick mouse click over to the end and noticed that how much difference your times and lifts were!!!!

awesome!! love the title of the log too!!!![/quote]

Carter,

Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words! I have definitely drunk the Kool Aid! I love these workouts!

Hope you're having a great summer there in Perth!

Stephen R. Lampl 01-23-2009 05:24 PM

[I][B]FRIDAY 090123

Warm-up:
CFWU X 3.
Added shoulder dislocates & body circles 10 X 3
Air squats - weighted 35# Db 10 X 1, 45# Db 10 X 1, unweighted 30 X 1.
DHPUs: 5 UH, 3 OH, 4 OH, 3 OH, 3 UH Total = 18.

Jump Rope Singles 100 X 3. Fewer missed jumps/stops than in the past.
Double Under practice: 10:00 approx. (j, j, DU, j, j, DU). Got 5 in a row!
+2 and +3 a bit later. Total = 10. [/B]Can't seem to continue the rope (stops) after each DU. More practice necessary, but.....I did not trip once today!!

[B]WOD: From Main Page 090122
Five round for time:
45# Walking lunges (barbell overhead) - - 50 feet
21 Burpees

[/B]Due to lack of space @ my globo and concerns over possible damage to the basketball court floor (where there WAS room), subbed 25# Dbs.
[B]Five round for time:
25# Db Walking lunges
21 Burpees
Time = 19:47.

Did 2 1/2 rounds in 8:47 and felt L/hamstring pull slightly. Started beginning of third round over and finished WOD with BW lunges. Disappointed, but glad I pressed on and completed this. Hammy feels good.

Shoulder Presses:
45# X 15 (WU)
70 X 5 (35# Db)
95 X 3
105 x 3
115 X 2
115 X 2 (F 3)
95 X 4 (F 5)
[/B]RATS - - felt strong until I tried 115 again. It's kinda like all my get-up and go got up and went......

[B]New Year's Challenge: [/B]Gonna complete this later today.....(Day 23).
[/I]

Justin McGinley 01-23-2009 05:43 PM

Another solid workout. It seems like something clicked recently. You've been killing it.

Ray McKinley 01-23-2009 07:29 PM

Steve,

Thanks for the advice on the hammy. I spent about an hour and a half in an MRI machine today getting this thing checked out. The "sports med doc" thinks it is a Grade 2 tear. Believe it or not this knuckle head was gonna just send me home to wait it out....forever. He suggested that I give up intense sports. Wrong answer! I had to insist on an MRI. I really want to know where the injury is located and how bad it is before I start doing anything significant with it. I should have the MRI results next week. I will be laying low for the next day or two to let the initial trauma settle out. I am also meeting with a sports massage guy tommorow, and he is a 69 year old high hurdler, so he must know a little about flexibility. I'll take an old guy athlete / massage therapist over the sports med doc any day!

I will start into some very light range of motion and stretching next week, and if the pain is down and I can walk OK, then I may take on some air squats, some light rowing or swimming, and a lightly scaled Riptoe approach. I may also work in some upper body and core work WODs a couple of times a week to try to maintain what I can. I am guessing 4 to 8 weeks to get back to 90 to 100% on the hammy. There is absolutely no bruising or obvious swelling, but I can hardly walk and it is over 48 hours from the injury. I'll just have to wait for the MRI to see what is going on.

Anyway, I'll check the board for some motivation. Thanks.