CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=37110)

Stephen R. Lampl 11-16-2008 05:15 PM

Re: The Bassman's Log (Steve Lampl)

[quote=Keith Walker;447682]Rest Day! woo-hoo! :pepper:
I need one!

I just looked back over some of your posts. Steve, you are an inspiration! It sounds like you have made a lot of progress. I'm very proud of you. You GO, man!:highfive:

Wath those hammies.......gentle stretching and proper warm up goes a loooong way.

Enjoy your rest day......let's see what tomorow brings![/quote]

Keith,

Thank you so much! Someone found a great rehab program link from Coach Rip.....I think this is it: [URL]http://************.net/forum/showthread.php?t=700[/URL]. This seems to be working, though the 45# X 25 X 3 BS yesterday killed me! No wonder Rip says one following this program will return stronger than they were when they were injured.....

Having a great rest day, thanks! Always looking forward to tomorrow........There's a WOD out there with my name on it :D!!!

Take care, Keith!

Stephen R. Lampl 11-16-2008 05:18 PM

[quote=Patrick Haskell;447687]Nice avatar, Steve. That L-pullup is a keeper.[/quote]

Thank you, Patrick!

I actually got my chin up over the bar; it was a pain trying to out-guess the self-timer on the stupid camera and I couldn't hold my position......

Stephen R. Lampl 11-16-2008 06:51 PM

[quote=Bob Guere;447998]I know....... but I'm not from here. Then again, I'm not a Texan either.[/quote]

Hey, that's OK, Bob! Just razzin' you! Had a friend at work a few years ago who was an absolute, dyed in the wool Denver Broncos fan. Razzed him (as did the rest of the office staff) relentlessly.........

Margo Fullingim 11-16-2008 08:22 PM

Did someone say Denver Broncos??? You guys only razzed him cuz you were jealous :D

Justin McGinley 11-16-2008 09:52 PM

Looking strong in the new avatar! :super:

Stephen R. Lampl 11-16-2008 10:48 PM

[quote=Margo Fullingim;448141]Did someone say Denver Broncos??? You guys only razzed him cuz you were jealous :D[/quote]

Come on, Margo!! Denver? In your wildest dreams!!! :D:D:D

Stephen R. Lampl 11-16-2008 10:49 PM

[quote=Justin McGinley;448183]Looking strong in the new avatar! :super:[/quote]

Thanks, Justin. I'm not very good with the digital camera. Had to balance the self-timer with my endurance :rofl:.

Stephen R. Lampl 11-16-2008 10:56 PM

[quote=Stephen R. Lampl;447667][U][B]Sunday, 11/16/08[/B][/U][B]:

[I]REST DAY![/I]
[/B][/quote]

[I][B]A little Rest Day PT.........

Ice pack - both hamstrings
[/B]10:00

[B]Ice pack - R/knee & quad area above knee
[/B]10:00

[B]Stretches[/B] - Primarily hammies
[B]
Foam Rolling - - lots!
[/B]Both hamstrings
IT band - Rt leg
R/knee - quads proximal to the knee joint
Both quads

[B]Deep tissue massage
[/B]Could feel adhesions in/around rectus femorus and quad area proximal to knee. About 10:00

[B]Planks - Just for fun, wanted to try them![/B]
(First time I've done these)
[B]2:08
2:39
3:01 [/B](Like - - OW!!!)

[/I]

Christin Street 11-17-2008 01:00 PM

Great job on the PT and even better on the Planks!! Great time! My max plank is 2:17 so I'm pretty envious!

Stephen R. Lampl 11-17-2008 06:51 PM

[quote=Christin Street;448621]Great job on the PT and even better on the Planks!! Great time! My max plank is 2:17 so I'm pretty envious![/quote]

Thanks, Christin! I'm speechless.............