CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=37110)

Stephen R. Lampl 06-15-2010 08:26 PM

Re: Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log

[quote=Laurie Smith;797434]Clapping push ups are really hard, way to push through!![/quote]

Thanks, Laurie. Yup...they are and I [I][B]SO[/B][/I] did not want to "tweak my beak" if I missed.....

Stephen R. Lampl 06-15-2010 08:50 PM

[I][B]100615 TUESDAY

A.M. Workout at CrossFit Modesto [/B](Getting car serviced in Motown, so figured I do something constructive rather than sit on my caboose in the waiting room......

[B]Warm-up:
[/B][/I]DROM
PassThroughs
Body Circles
Trunk Rotations
10 X Push-ups
10 X Pull-ups

[I][B]Skill Work: [/B][/I][B]Power Snatch and Snatch Balance
[/B]5 Sets of:
1 Power Snatch
3 Snatch Balances
[U]Work up to highest weight manageable[/U]
Since I'm not yet proficient on the snatch, I did the following:
4 sets using empty 33# bar
1 set using empty 45# bar

[I][B]WOD: 7 Rounds for Time of:
[/B][/I][B]7 Power Snatches 95#/55# ----> 45#
7 Box Jumps [/B](Use the tallest box possible)[B]----> 19.5"
Time: 7:15
[/B][I]45# was the perfect weight for me - - made me fight to get good position but was manageable on a repeat basis for the WOD. Used a less tall box to work on my explosiveness and increase the speed of my reps.

[B]P. M. Workout at CrossFit Sonora
Warm-up:
[/B][/I]500m Row (1:48)
DROM
Pass Throughs
Body Circles
Then 2 X each of the following:
10 Hip Extensions
10 GHD Sit-ups
10 Pull-ups
10 Ring/Bar Dips (Bar dips - - got both sets unbroken with full ROM!)
15 Air Squats

[I][B]WOD: 4 Rounds for Time of:
[/B][/I]400m Run
12 KTEs
9 Front Squats 155#/110#[B]----> 115#[/B]
[B]Time: 17:30
[/B][I]For some reason, did 14 KTEs the first three sets....[B]DUH![/B] Did the correct number (12) the last....but did all sets unbroken! Woot woot! Used 115# for the FS, because all the racks were in use. I cleaned the weight from the ground--great practice for me, since I've had such problems with the cleans. Don't know if I could have gone much heavier, since my 1RM FS is currently 175#.[/I]

Richard Macaulay 06-16-2010 01:35 AM

[QUOTE=Stephen R. Lampl;797739][I][B]100615 TUESDAY

A.M. Workout at CrossFit Modesto [/B](Getting car serviced in Motown, so figured I do something constructive rather than sit on my caboose in the waiting room......

[B]Warm-up:
[/B][/I]DROM
PassThroughs
Body Circles
Trunk Rotations
10 X Push-ups
10 X Pull-ups

[I][B]Skill Work: [/B][/I][B]Power Snatch and Snatch Balance
[/B]5 Sets of:
1 Power Snatch
3 Snatch Balances
[U]Work up to highest weight manageable[/U]
Since I'm not yet proficient on the snatch, I did the following:
4 sets using empty 33# bar
1 set using empty 45# bar

[I][B]WOD: 7 Rounds for Time of:
[/B][/I][B]7 Power Snatches 95#/55# ----> 45#
7 Box Jumps [/B](Use the tallest box possible)[B]----> 19.5"
Time: 7:15
[/B][I]45# was the perfect weight for me - - made me fight to get good position but was manageable on a repeat basis for the WOD. Used a less tall box to work on my explosiveness and increase the speed of my reps.

[B]P. M. Workout at CrossFit Sonora
Warm-up:
[/B][/I]500m Row (1:48)
DROM
Pass Throughs
Body Circles
Then 2 X each of the following:
10 Hip Extensions
10 GHD Sit-ups
10 Pull-ups
10 Ring/Bar Dips (Bar dips - - got both sets unbroken with full ROM!)
15 Air Squats

[I][B]WOD: 4 Rounds for Time of:
[/B][/I]400m Run
12 KTEs
9 Front Squats 155#/110#[B]----> 115#[/B]
[B]Time: 17:30
[/B][I]For some reason, did 14 KTEs the first three sets....[B]DUH![/B] Did the correct number (12) the last....but did all sets unbroken! Woot woot! Used 115# for the FS, because all the racks were in use. I cleaned the weight from the ground--great practice for me, since I've had such problems with the cleans. Don't know if I could have gone much heavier, since my 1RM FS is currently 175#.[/I][/QUOTE]

Ok i havnt been on your log in ages, and i now see that your doing multiple wods a day. Wow i gotta step up my game. Great work Steve, very very impressed.

Ricky

Stephen R. Lampl 06-16-2010 09:32 AM

[quote=Richard Macaulay;797780]Ok i havnt been on your log in ages, and i now see that your doing multiple wods a day. Wow i gotta step up my game. Great work Steve, very very impressed.

Ricky[/quote]
I also apologize for not stopping by your log for so long. Been crazy busy and not a lot of time to catch up on people's doings!

Thanks so much for the encouragement! This was actually the first "double-WOD" day I've done since re-setting my programming at the beginning of February. I used to combine a metcon and strength work each workout day and this was proof (even though both were metcons) that I need to do more of this. Particularly I need to work on getting under anything I put overhead - - still timid and lacking in the technique.

Blessings!

Steve

Laurie Smith 06-16-2010 09:58 AM

I'm enjoying the strength work I've been putting in!!

Stephen R. Lampl 06-16-2010 10:06 AM

[quote=Laurie Smith;797932]I'm enjoying the strength work I've been putting in!![/quote]
Cool, and I hear you! I absolutely love throwing heavy stuff around!

Laurie Smith 06-16-2010 10:12 AM

[QUOTE=Stephen R. Lampl;797936]Cool, and I hear you! I absolutely love throwing heavy stuff around![/QUOTE]

I have to make myself do things I don't like but man, that's hard!

Marianne Urbanski 06-16-2010 02:13 PM

Really nice work lately Steve!! So much for the blurb you said to me a while back about the rest days?! I see you are "double WOD'ing" it?!! I barely can keep up this pace!! GREAT work!! FGB is a killer no matter how you look at it. Who would ever know that one minute of work could hurt sooo much! :highfive:

Great job adding the strength in too. I really am going to do that too. I don't want to decrease my metcon, but i am definitely going to make sure I move something heavy at least 2/x a week.

Stephen R. Lampl 06-16-2010 03:32 PM

[quote=Laurie Smith;797943]I have to make myself do things I don't like but man, that's hard![/quote]
I hear you.....poor technique is what's messing me up on several of the lifts. Gets frustrating when you're going head to head against some young firebreather who can kick your caboose with one hand tied behind his or her back.......makes me work all the harder....

[quote=Marianne Urbanski;798093]Really nice work lately Steve!! So much for the blurb you said to me a while back about the rest days?! I see you are "double WOD'ing" it?!! I barely can keep up this pace!! GREAT work!! FGB is a killer no matter how you look at it. Who would ever know that one minute of work could hurt sooo much! :highfive:

Great job adding the strength in too. I really am going to do that too. I don't want to decrease my metcon, but i am definitely going to make sure I move something heavy at least 2/x a week.[/quote]

Thanks, Marianne. Yesterday I probably overdid it.....took the stuffing out of me, but I'm ready to do it again today - - it's like it really recharges your batteries all the more.....

Laurie Smith 06-16-2010 04:27 PM

[QUOTE=Stephen R. Lampl;798130]I hear you.....poor technique is what's messing me up on several of the lifts. Gets frustrating when you're going head to head against some young firebreather who can kick your caboose with one hand tied behind his or her back.......makes me work all the harder....
[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it! We have some young one's and it just irritates me when they are laying on the ground done and I'm only halfway through. First thing our other coach's son says to me when I walked through the door last night was "I beat your time Laurie!!". I've never wanted to kick a kid so badly!! :ranting2: :D