CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=37110)

Patrick Haskell 06-07-2009 04:11 AM

Re: Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log

Nice DLs and speed work, Steve. That 10mph pace is a good one to work, whether you're on the treadmill or the track. You're already past the half-minute mark. Those 30-second intervals will quickly become 45 seconds, and you've then run 200m at 10mph. Double that and you've got a respectable 400m pace. Carry it out to a mile or bust it out for 400m during the later rounds of a WOD, and you're a certifiable badass ([I]someday, someday[/I]).

Stephen R. Lampl 06-07-2009 02:28 PM

[quote=Patrick Haskell;603470]Nice DLs and speed work, Steve. That 10mph pace is a good one to work, whether you're on the treadmill or the track. You're already past the half-minute mark. Those 30-second intervals will quickly become 45 seconds, and you've then run 200m at 10mph. Double that and you've got a respectable 400m pace. Carry it out to a mile or bust it out for 400m during the later rounds of a WOD, and you're a certifiable badass ([I]someday, someday[/I]).[/quote]

Patrick,

Thanks for the positive feedback and the suggestions. I've never been a fast runner; have loved running for the sake of just getting out and being outdoors - - clearing my head. Even though I was on a treadmill yesterday, I had never attempted 10.0 MPH, nor had I figured it would be as "easy" (I mean, it wasn't, but it wasn't that difficult either).

I feel like things are coming together. I started to run out of leg power and "turnover" speed before I was running out of air.......

Helen Lawson 06-08-2009 06:13 AM

Hi Steve. Just checking in...looks like some great stuff you've been doing: DL PR, 10mph, etc...:notworth:

I've been busy, but still trying to say hi now and then!

Helen

Carter Jee 06-10-2009 05:14 AM

10mph and you're not a fast runner!!!!

bah... you're a lot more faster than me....

I seem to only have two speeds when it comes to running... slow and the shuffle.... :D

great work
carter

Stephen R. Lampl 06-11-2009 05:56 PM

[quote=Carter Jee;605159]10mph and you're not a fast runner!!!!

bah... you're a lot more faster than me....

I seem to only have two speeds when it comes to running... slow and the shuffle.... :D

great work
carter[/quote]

Carter,

Thanks - - you're funny! I have always been an LSD man (I'm not talking about the drug - - just my speed - long, slow, distance). I cannot believe how much more effortless the running has become (just on the gerbil trainer thus far). I think the hamstring/glute work involved with CF has really helped.

Take care.

Steve

Stephen R. Lampl 06-11-2009 05:58 PM

[I][B]090612 THURSDAY

[/B]Several days off in a row here. Wife had Dr. appointments up in Redding - no time to get work outs in.......Looking for work is taking the rest of the time. BLEH!
[/I]

Nancy Cohen 06-11-2009 10:00 PM

10mph!!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephen R. Lampl 06-11-2009 10:17 PM

[quote=Nancy Cohen;606434]10mph!!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Well..........that's what the treadmill readout said.....It was only for 30 seconds at a time, though ;).

On a kind of a funny note, we went shopping for me for decent running shoes while we were up in Redding. The place (Fleet Feet) had a camera aimed a their treadmill to show foot strike issues. I pronated so badly that when I looked at the video, I wondered how I've managed to walk or run (even slowly) all these years without using the sides of my ankles instead of the soles of my feet......:rofl:. As a matter of fact, I was the worst pronater the salesman had ever seen besides one other person..........himself!

Well......no Vibram "Five Fingers" for me........just good shoes and orthotics!

Take care. Best to Mark!

Steve

Justin McGinley 06-12-2009 07:08 AM

[QUOTE=Stephen R. Lampl;602969]
Dead Lift
[B][COLOR=Red]315# X 3 - PR for reps*
[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

Well hot damn. You are getting STRONG. That beats my PR. Nice work Stephen!

Stephen R. Lampl 06-12-2009 12:55 PM

[quote=Justin McGinley;606591]Well hot damn. You are getting STRONG. That beats my PR. Nice work Stephen![/quote]

Thanks, Justin!

Now......for that OHS.......I'm up to the empty bar on weight!