CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Laurie Smith 07-07-2010 11:16 AM

Re: Nik

I'm thinking the toes to bar are going to be the most difficult for me as well. And my legs are still super sore from Luce so the squats will suck too.

Nik Nichols 07-07-2010 11:37 AM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;807532]I'm thinking the toes to bar are going to be the most difficult for me as well. And my legs are still super sore from Luce so the squats will suck too.[/QUOTE]

Yeam Scott said he was really sore from Luce too, but you will loosen up I guess. It is pretty fast . You need to beat my 10 min.

Nik Nichols 07-07-2010 01:30 PM

3:00 break test

5 rounds for time

1 rope climb
10 DU's
3 Hankg squat snack 65lbs

time 9:47

I wanted to test my breaks. And i have trouble when i get winded. That is where I slow down.
I went to the rope for the climb after round 1 and stood there with my hand on the rope and didnt go. Got down and grabbed the rope for DU's and stood there breathing, didn't start right away, but once I started I ket going .

Snaches I got a hold of. in the first couple of rounds I took extra breaths inbetween reps. Then I tightened it up to 2 breaths and go, alot better at the end then the begining. Every thing else was not as controlled. but in the snach I was able to push through the breathlessness and go. I will be working on it now I see it plainly.

Laurie Smith 07-07-2010 01:48 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;807541]Yeam Scott said he was really sore from Luce too, but you will loosen up I guess. It is pretty fast . You need to beat my 10 min.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: It didn't happen. I swear I was squatting 300lbs!! :zombie:

Nik Nichols 07-07-2010 03:13 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;807616]:rofl: It didn't happen. I swear I was squatting 300lbs!! :zombie:[/QUOTE]

HAHA I bet it was, you legs must be toast!!

Laurie Smith 07-07-2010 04:00 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;807671]HAHA I bet it was, you legs must be toast!![/QUOTE]

I had the hardest time getting out of my car after. :shrug:

Nik Nichols 07-07-2010 06:13 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;807689]I had the hardest time getting out of my car after. :shrug:[/QUOTE]

Walking is now a chore for you!

Scott Jenkins 07-08-2010 12:23 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;807525]For time:
225 pound Back squat, 20 reps
40 Toes to bar
60 Kettlebell swings, 2 pood

10:01

Squats in 15, 5 reps, I probably could have done all 20 in a row, but stopped because I was taking two breaths at the top after 10reps

Toe to bar was 14 and broke, then I could only get 2's and 3's, a 5 rep here and there.

KB was good, got sets of 10 but after 30 reps breaks got longer then i wanted, I'd count it down and grip the KB and still not picjk it up, it drug on more then I wanted on breaks.

All said, it was fun, fast and changing. Toe to bar was dissapointing though. That and the tape on the pullup bar started unraveling in my hands because I was facing the opisite way I rolled it befor and it un wrapped. annoying.[/QUOTE]

I felt the same about the squats, should of got all 20 and if this comes up again I am sure we both will Nik, still a great time with that tape unravelling, T2B are hard enough without that adding to the grip problems, well done Nik.

Nik Nichols 07-08-2010 06:18 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;807858]I felt the same about the squats, should of got all 20 and if this comes up again I am sure we both will Nik, still a great time with that tape unravelling, T2B are hard enough without that adding to the grip problems, well done Nik.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott, The more I thought about it it was the tape on the T2B, last time I did them it was alot easier, I didn't think much about it being a real issue, but I'd grab the bar and kick and feel the tape move under my hands. Also I though last night I shopuld have dont the T2B on rings.

Sub 10 today? I'll have to hit a 4 min PR I'm in C2B of course.

Scott Jenkins 07-08-2010 06:42 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;807931]Thanks Scott, The more I thought about it it was the tape on the T2B, last time I did them it was alot easier, I didn't think much about it being a real issue, but I'd grab the bar and kick and feel the tape move under my hands. Also I though last night I shopuld have dont the T2B on rings.

Sub 10 today? I'll have to hit a 4 min PR I'm in C2B of course.[/QUOTE]

Yes I reckon no tape would be better than slipping tape , but you couldnt of re-started after hitting the 20 back squats, would of been tough.

Yes C2B for me also, they need work for definate.