CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Running a CrossFit Facility (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Official Blogspot Help Thread (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=24809)

Bruce (BJ) Bliffert 12-19-2007 06:21 AM

Re: Official Blogspot Help Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahsaan Kimbrow (Post 230010)
i cant find where to upload the xml:ranting2:

From the blogger dashboard, click on "layout" and then the "change html" then you can either upload your template or, if you can get it to work, copy and paste the code.

Hope that helps

Randy Tarasevich 12-19-2007 06:44 AM

Re: Official Blogspot Help Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce (BJ) Bliffert (Post 230119)
From the blogger dashboard, click on "layout" and then the "change html" then you can either upload your template or, if you can get it to work, copy and paste the code.

Hope that helps

Yes, this is correct. You have to go to "Change HTML", not "Add a Page Element." My bad. I just copy and paste. Beware becuase you will lose all of the info from your old template. I spent the past day rebuilding my site, but it was well worth it.

Rahsaan Kimbrow 12-19-2007 07:24 AM

Re: Official Blogspot Help Thread
 
for some reason, i don't have that function:shrug:

Michael A. Krivka 12-19-2007 10:03 AM

Is anyone using TypePad?
 
I'm trying to get a couple weblogs up and am running into walls left and right! I'd like to think that I'm pretty Web-savvy... but this app has got me pulling my hair out - and I don't have a whole lot to spare!?!?

Thanks!

BTW - links a re WFS
CrossFit Koncepts: http://www.crossfitkoncepts.com
Kettlebells Maryland: http://www.kettlebellsmaryland.com
Kettlebell Koncepts: http://www.kettlebellkoncepts.com

Randy Tarasevich 12-19-2007 10:19 AM

Re: Is anyone using TypePad?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael A. Krivka (Post 230259)
I'm trying to get a couple weblogs up and am running into walls left and right! I'd like to think that I'm pretty Web-savvy... but this app has got me pulling my hair out - and I don't have a whole lot to spare!?!?

Thanks!

BTW - links a re WFS
CrossFit Koncepts: http://www.crossfitkoncepts.com
Kettlebells Maryland: http://www.kettlebellsmaryland.com
Kettlebell Koncepts: http://www.kettlebellkoncepts.com

Make an Official Typepad Help Thread. Its another really popular program used by CF affiliates.

Michael A. Krivka 12-19-2007 10:24 AM

Re: Official Blogspot Help Thread
 
Sounds good Randy... thanks!

Rahsaan Kimbrow 12-23-2007 03:00 PM

Re: Official Blogspot Help Thread
 
oh...... so you can't use the 3 column templates if you host the site elsewhere:ranting2:

Wade Smith 12-23-2007 03:24 PM

Re: Official Blogspot Help Thread
 
Your logo looks great and is only 34kb, so filesize shouldn't be the issue. Are ALL of your graphics loading (is the banner logo the only one NOT loading and getting the little square "x" isntead)?

Does blogger have size/dimension limitations on photos/graphics you can upload?

Your logo is 660x427pixels which isn't enormous, but possibly exceeds some blogger limit. Or possibly exceeds some viewer's browser limit. Have you tested on a variety of computers/browsers/connections?

Also, I noticed that your logo is named "SECTCF+Logo.jpg". Is the plus sign (+) part of the name and is that possibly the issue? Try renaming it something with all lowercase letters and no charaters (ie; sectcflogo.jpg) and try again.

Randy Tarasevich 12-23-2007 05:08 PM

Re: Official Blogspot Help Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wade Smith (Post 232031)
Your logo looks great and is only 34kb, so filesize shouldn't be the issue. Are ALL of your graphics loading (is the banner logo the only one NOT loading and getting the little square "x" isntead)?

Does blogger have size/dimension limitations on photos/graphics you can upload?

Your logo is 660x427pixels which isn't enormous, but possibly exceeds some blogger limit. Or possibly exceeds some viewer's browser limit. Have you tested on a variety of computers/browsers/connections?

Also, I noticed that your logo is named "SECTCF+Logo.jpg". Is the plus sign (+) part of the name and is that possibly the issue? Try renaming it something with all lowercase letters and no charaters (ie; sectcflogo.jpg) and try again.

Thanks man. It seems to be working now. I reloaded it and it starting working alot better.

Wade Smith 12-23-2007 07:58 PM

Re: Official Blogspot Help Thread
 
Cool. Post again if problem resurfaces.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.