CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Pukie's Bucket (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Sharknado (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=83073)

Nik Nichols 10-10-2013 12:24 PM

Re: Sharknado

[QUOTE=Vickie Ellickson;1200567]Time to get off of this.[/QUOTE]

yep, time to take a rest.

Dustin Wintczak 10-10-2013 12:53 PM

[QUOTE=Andrew Bell;1200566]Is it odd that my grip has never given out without ever using the hook grip?[/QUOTE]

I was the same way for the longest time. Especially with cleans, never had a problem with grip on those. Even while snatching it was never a problem until I got above 200lbs. My grip would start to wear out just a little bit while attempting heavy singles over and over (200+ for me). I started to realize why I need to hook-grip. I've finally come around and now always use hook-grip.

Now it feels weird not using it.

Nik Nichols 10-10-2013 12:58 PM

[QUOTE=Dustin Wintczak;1200580]I was the same way for the longest time. Especially with cleans, never had a problem with grip on those. Even while snatching it was never a problem until I got above 200lbs. My grip would start to wear out just a little bit while attempting heavy singles over and over (200+ for me). I started to realize why I need to hook-grip. I've finally come around and now always use hook-grip.

Now it feels weird not using it.[/QUOTE]

Yea. same here but lighter across the board. I like the hook grip and like you and feel funny with out it. More a habit then anything else now.

Jeff Enge 10-10-2013 01:05 PM

I don't know that I've ever tried to snatch without hook grip - I learned it pretty much before I learned the full lifts!

Blair Robert Lowe 10-10-2013 01:14 PM

Man, I missed a lot yesterday.

Wodtober for us was canceled.

We didnt do a podcast this morn.

Im gonna judge this Sundays Goodtimes Cf games. Bah. No staying in bed till 3p.

I clean dl 160 yesterday. When i tested in july i did 130/135 clean dl. 170 mixed with conventional.

I actually snatched 55x3 above knee yesterdaybut shoulder is still sore.

Only had a triple double at innout last nightso 2 sodas later and a dozen choco chip cookies i was full and i weighed in at 179#.

Gym office needs a blanket to nap. Skipped breakfast and im gonna paa out. Mayve the tramp is warm.

Andrew Bell 10-10-2013 01:41 PM

[QUOTE=Dustin Wintczak;1200580]I was the same way for the longest time. Especially with cleans, never had a problem with grip on those. Even while snatching it was never a problem until I got above 200lbs. My grip would start to wear out just a little bit while attempting heavy singles over and over (200+ for me). I started to realize why I need to hook-grip. I've finally come around and now always use hook-grip.

Now it feels weird not using it.[/QUOTE]

I've attempted all the way up to a 300 clean and never hook griped. :o

Greg Spaight 10-10-2013 04:27 PM

I am drinking beer for dinner tonite. 3 deep into a 6 of Modus Hoperandi. Decidedly un-paleo and I don't care...guess I'll have to find something nutritious to fuel the 5:00am wod...

Andrew N. Casey 10-10-2013 04:38 PM

well well well. very interesting day. glad i slept through it. LOL.

no workout today. had to sleep. slept from 730am to 430pm. woke up, shower, bible, pray, read book, started laundry, now at work and feeling like a champ. gonna eat some good food, watch some football, read some more, and have a great night.

carry on thread heads, carry on.

Andrew N. Casey 10-10-2013 04:39 PM

my hands will not hook grip.

Blair Robert Lowe 10-10-2013 07:52 PM

[QUOTE]my hands will not hook grip.[/QUOTE]

Because?