CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Trent's Log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=26973)

Grace Patenaude 04-22-2008 09:02 PM

Re: Trent's Log

[QUOTE=Aaron Trent;293345]4-16-2008

Summit Ride: A 28 mile road race style fast group ride

Distance: 28.5 miles
Avg Speed: 20.5 mph
Avg Speed Before the Slow Ride Into Town: 23 mph

I am euphoric about my performance today!

Grace,
There is not a velodrome in SC, there are fewer than 50 in the whole country! If there was one I would focus my energy on track racing and I would be able to gain some weight, lift more, and even do some CF WODs in season. I wish![/QUOTE]

Aaron,

I'm pretty sure you'll do just fine with your current mileage with or without a velodrome. We have one here in West Houston and I loved training there many years ago. Your before and after pictures do tell that your CF work has done well for you. Keep it up! Nice work on the Summit Ride!

Colleen Quigley 04-23-2008 07:02 AM

[QUOTE=Melissa Byers;297094]Wow. I can't believe the difference - you look significantly more muscle-y now. How much did you weigh then, versus now?

Here is a picture from Sunday, when I hung my rings up under the deck at home. The lighting under my deck must be magical, because I don't really look like this. But I think I'm going to have this picture blown up, framed and hung in our dining room anyway.

[IMG]http://a589.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/35/m_6d2d8bd171e136b92e551001fa58dbc4.jpg[/IMG]

I don't really have a lot of "before" pictures, but the pics I took with AllisonNYC at the beginning of March definitely show a big difference in my muscle tone. And that's just six weeks.

You are very nice to say those silly things. I'm blushing.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, I'm interrupting your log Aaron to say nice abs Melissa!! After seeing both your pics I'm contemplating taking a before pic. Big change in your pics 7 months apart Aaron. Looking good.

Nice pull ups Aaron, I'm jealous!

Aaron Trent 04-23-2008 06:56 PM

4-23-2008

Summit Ride:
Total Distance: 28 miles
Total Hard Distance: 20 miles
Avg Hard Speed: 23mph
Max Speed: 34.5mph

I got dropped 6 miles into the hard section, avg was 25mph including a nasty hill where I got dropped. My legs felt like crap today, oh well.

[B]Grace[/B]
Welcome back! Thank you.

[B]Colleen[/B]
[QUOTE]Whoa, I'm interrupting your log Aaron to say nice abs Melissa!! After seeing both your pics I'm contemplating taking a before pic. Big change in your pics 7 months apart Aaron. Looking good.[/QUOTE]
Don't worry about dropping by, feel free to. Melissa does have a great midsection! That change happened in less than 5 months, and I would be up over 140lbs now if I didn't ride so much. I have to ride so I can race, it's worth it to me.
But thank you for the kind words.

[QUOTE]Nice pull ups Aaron, I'm jealous![/QUOTE]
Keep working on them and you'll be in the 20 pullup club in a few months! How many can you do now?

Aaron Trent 04-25-2008 08:31 AM

4-24-2008
Rest Day: Much needed!

4-25-2008
Reverse Hyper Experextensions
3 sets of 10

I might be racing tomorrow so I wanted to loosen up my back. I'll throw in a short ride with a few efforts to open up my legs later today.

Melissa Urban 04-25-2008 08:55 AM

Did you actually [I]rest [/I]on your rest day? 'Cause that's what I do. Some people around here do heavy bench presses and call it "rest". I think that's silly. ;)

Good luck racing tomorrow.
Melissa

Aaron Trent 04-25-2008 09:18 AM

I did a bunch of pullups, but only sets of 5. I was nowhere near failure. I also did some 20lb dumbell snatches. I usually have to rest on my rest days or I will see a big drop in performance.

Thank you:)

Grace Patenaude 04-25-2008 01:39 PM

Nice Rest Day work Aaron!

Hope the race was fun!

Aaron Trent 04-25-2008 03:24 PM

I have a significant announcement to make to all of my good friends that follow my log.

I am going to Denver, Co on June 6th to attempt to become a member of United States Paralympic Cycling Team. The qualifier is a 15km (9.3 mile) Time Trial. There is a possibility I could make the team for the Beijing Paralympics which is held in the weeks following the Olympics. There are a few obstacles in my way. First, I only have 38 days to train. My training is going to have to be very regimented as will my sleep and diet. Second, I am not generally thought of as a Time Trialist due to being built like a climber. Third, I need to buy a ticket to Denver and find lodging so I'm saving my pennies.
I am really looking forward to this because it is going to be one heck of a challenge.

I will not be racing until this race so I can focus my training and save money.

My weekly schedule will look like this:
Sunday: Rest or recovery ride
Monday: Lift and recovery ride (I might cut out the lifting if I feel I need to but I'd rather not)
Tuesday: Practice Race (Criterium)
Wednesday: Summit Ride (fast road ride)
Thursday: Rest or Recovery Ride
Friday: Time Trial Intervals and Recovery Ride
Saturday: Long ride (50-70 miles)

Melissa Urban 04-26-2008 09:56 AM

[QUOTE=Aaron Trent;299338]I have a significant announcement to make to all of my good friends that follow my log.

I am going to Denver, Co on June 6th to attempt to become a member of United States Paralympic Cycling Team. [/QUOTE]

That is [B]fantastic [/B]news! Your challenges seem daunting, but you are dedicated enough to drop the hammer and make this happen. I'll be keeping up with you every day, as usual, to see how your progress is coming, and offer extra encouragement if you need it.

On another note, I cracked myself in the chin doing power cleans this morning and made myself bleed. I want to take a picture for you, but it is very hard to get a good shot of your own chin.

Melissa

Aaron Trent 04-26-2008 03:42 PM

4-26-2008
[B]Quest for Denver: Day One[/B]
Solo Ride
Training Distance: 25 miles
Avg Speed: 19.45 mph
Max Speed: 42.3 mph
Total Distance: 42 miles
Notes: The course had lots of rolling hills and it was breezy on some sections, weather.com said 9mph out of the South. I'm ok with my average speed but it has to bump up.

My tan lines are starting to become seared into my flesh, it looks like I am wearing white gloves compared to my brown arms, haha.

Melissa:
I am very grateful for you support and I'm happy we became friends! As for your chin; I hope it heals up without too much pain. The secret to getting a picture is a myspace style self portrait with your chin in the air. ;)