CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 02-02-2009 02:50 PM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Camille Lore;508974]Smokin fast![/QUOTE]

HAHAHA!! I am !!!:rofl:

Vanessa Sisson 02-02-2009 07:41 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;508821]WOD was 400m run
50 pullups
35 dips
5 rounds for time.

Time was 32 seconds

Yep Brady messed up the stop watch, so all that registered was 32 seconds. I fired him from ever touching the stop watch again!!:rofl:

50 situps with 40 lbs
50 back ext 40 lbs.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA!!!! I love it!

Looks like you are feeling pretty good! Your back feeling solid so far?

Scott Jenkins 02-03-2009 01:23 AM

Looking good now Nik, soon be back to full main page.

Tried some of your Back Extensions yesterday on a colourful ball as we have no back extension machine (yes that is ridiculous). It was good to get a pump in my lower back and I will also be doing these a lot more now.

Nik Nichols 02-03-2009 07:04 AM

[QUOTE=Vanessa Sisson;509230]HAHAHA!!!! I love it!

Looks like you are feeling pretty good! Your back feeling solid so far?[/QUOTE]
To be honest it is still a little sore, not all the time, but it is still there, I'm almost past it , but it just won't go away. I am not going to do anything to pressure it. So no back squats today:ranting2: as much as I want to do them, and I could probably get away with it , but probably is not good enough.

But I am getting better!! Happy so far.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;509421]Looking good now Nik, soon be back to full main page.

Tried some of your Back Extensions yesterday on a colourful ball as we have no back extension machine (yes that is ridiculous). It was good to get a pump in my lower back and I will also be doing these a lot more now.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'm almost back. Like I told Vanessa, I'm still not 100%, but as long as I'm carefull I will be soon!!

Nik Nichols 02-03-2009 07:22 AM

morning warm up

50 situps with 40 lbs
50 back ect 40 lbs
30 ring pushups 30lbs vest
10 supine streches for a count of 10 40 lbs.

Oh scott, I'm glad you like the back ext's they are a staple to my workout, one day my back will be like a mountian!!:rofl:

Nik Nichols 02-03-2009 09:20 AM

10:00 break

front ring plank hold 30 sec to side to side 30 sec for 5 min
lever tuck work in 5's skin the cat

hand stand practice.

Nik Nichols 02-03-2009 12:01 PM

No back squats, I so wanted to give it a go, but no.

50 situps 40 lbs
50 back ext 40 lbs
muscle up progression exercize sets of 5 4 or 5 rounds
handstand practice, Brady would catch my feet and help balance me(thanks Brady)

front squats 85lbs 8 reps
85lbs 8 reps
105lbs 8reps
125lbs 8reps x 2

Fergus Lally 02-03-2009 03:55 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;509421]Looking good now Nik, soon be back to full main page.

Tried some of your Back Extensions yesterday on a colourful ball as we have no back extension machine (yes that is ridiculous). It was good to get a pump in my lower back and I will also be doing these a lot more now.[/QUOTE]

Back extension machine? Scott isn't that why the smith machine was invented so you could put some weight on and hook your legs under the bar while doing the extensions off a bench:D

Nik Nichols 02-03-2009 04:02 PM

[QUOTE=Fergus Lally;510006]Back extension machine? Scott isn't that why the smith machine was invented so you could put some weight on and hook your legs under the bar while doing the extensions off a bench:D[/QUOTE]

By Joe, that sounds crazy enough to work!!

Fergus Lally 02-03-2009 04:11 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;510015]By Joe, that sounds crazy enough to work!![/QUOTE]

it does, myself and the lads have been doing it for years, that and the old faithful dumbbell on the incline bench trick:D

Actually the smith machine is really good for bench press's where you throw the bar at the top and aim for about a foot above your hands (not sure what its called) - its a really good explosive exercise.

see the smith machine is good:D