CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Melissa Whittle 01-21-2009 09:00 AM

Re: Nik

Nik, sorry to hear about your back trouble! That really sucks. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Richard Vanmeerbeek 01-21-2009 10:42 AM

Speed recovery Nik, sorry for your back ! :(

Elizabeth Terris 01-21-2009 12:01 PM

[QUOTE=Brady Herrin;498485]Guys, Nik pulled his back again yesterday at the end of round 3 of Mr. Joshua during the deadlifts. He's going to go to the doctor today. Keep him in your prayers.[/QUOTE]

Nik- That SUCKS! You have been rocking the workouts especially the thruster GHD ring pull ups (to elevate the challenge) friday killer WOD. Here's to hoping it is a simple strain, not a sprain or anything requiring anything more than rest and gentle stretching.

Brady Herrin 01-21-2009 01:20 PM

He's got a lumbar strain and some arthritis.

Nick Harris 01-21-2009 01:56 PM

[QUOTE=Brady Herrin;498882]He's got a lumbar strain and some arthritis.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update Brady. Nik, get to feeling better man. Sorry to hear about your back.

Vanessa Sisson 01-21-2009 06:49 PM

NIK! I am so sorry! I will be thinking about you and sending some prayers up for you.

Charles Bennington 01-21-2009 08:13 PM

Nik, sorry to hear about the back issues. PM me when you get back. I ****ed my back up in the military to the point that I couldn't do a push-up without pain, seems to be good these days. Maybe I can help you a little.

Elizabeth Terris 01-22-2009 07:49 AM

Take it easy Nik! Back strains take a bit to work through. I hope it resolves lickity split.

Nik Nichols 01-22-2009 02:07 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;498487]Very sorry to hear that, I hope its nothing serious and good luck at the Doc's Nik.[/QUOTE]
Well it doesnt look to bad, I'm in work todat, no workouts yet. I just need to focus on getting my back strong again, I honestly don't know what happpened, I was really focusing on form and reseting each rep, dropprd the weight to 200 to be safe and bam down I go.

I started out as a bad WOD, My ghds sucked to the point of going to weighted situps. I just have to lay off the heavy lifts for a bit, swollow my pride and go light for a wile.
[QUOTE=Melissa Whittle;498618]Nik, sorry to hear about your back trouble! That really sucks. Best wishes for a speedy recovery![/QUOTE]

Speedy recovery has started with good attitude and getting my lazy butt off the couch and not getting stiff.

[QUOTE=Richard Vanmeerbeek;498717]Speed recovery Nik, sorry for your back ! :([/QUOTE]

Thanks mate. Speedy recovery started!!

Nik Nichols 01-22-2009 02:10 PM

[QUOTE=Elizabeth Terris;498797]Nik- That SUCKS! You have been rocking the workouts especially the thruster GHD ring pull ups (to elevate the challenge) friday killer WOD. Here's to hoping it is a simple strain, not a sprain or anything requiring anything more than rest and gentle stretching.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Elizabeth!! It is just a strain, I just have to be carefull.
[QUOTE=Vanessa Sisson;499164]NIK! I am so sorry! I will be thinking about you and sending some prayers up for you.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Vanessa keep those prayers coming!!
[QUOTE=Charles Bennington;499258]Nik, sorry to hear about the back issues. PM me when you get back. I ****ed my back up in the military to the point that I couldn't do a push-up without pain, seems to be good these days. Maybe I can help you a little.[/QUOTE]

I will Chuck, thanks, I'll take any help to get my back stronger !!